Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Not Responding

donaldw112

Reaction score
Hi all,

New owner here. This is my third drone and it works great except I can't control the gimbal. Once powered on the gimbal calibrates (moves to different positions) but once it is done and is ready to fly the flywheel on the controller does not do anything and when I try to use the manual control of the gimbal nothing happens. The camera works, the drone flies fine, but I can't move the camera. All firmware is up to date - I just got the drone today. Am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Donald

Hi all,

New owner here. This is my third drone and it works great except I can't control the gimbal. Once powered on the gimbal calibrates (moves to different positions) but once it is done and is ready to fly the flywheel on the controller does not do anything and when I try to use the manual control of the gimbal nothing happens. The camera works, the drone flies fine, but I can't move the camera. All firmware is up to date - I just got the drone today. Am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Donald
I'm not sure this will help, but I've experienced this a couple of times when the gimbal calibration has been carried out on rough ground. It seems that the legs of the Nano are a bit short and that the gimbal can hit the ground during calibration, throwing the whole thing off.

A landing mat has helped. Another option is to hold the Nano off the ground during calibration.

Might be something to look at...

Any Chance you turned it on with the gimbal guard still in place? That makes it limb till next reboot, perhaps it killed it if it happened several times?

Any Chance you turned it on with the gimbal guard still in place? That makes it limb till next reboot, perhaps it killed it if it happened several times?
No, I was very careful not to turn it on until the batteries/remote was charged and the gimbal guard removed. The gimbal does touch the ground when powered on (as it goes through its calibration). I will try and raise it up so it won't touch.

Hi don, The first Nano+ purchased on the black friday sale had the same problem as you and was returned for a replacement that now works.

Regards,
Richard

Hi don, The first Nano+ purchased on the black friday sale had the same problem as you and was returned for a replacement that now works.

Regards,
Richard
Thanks for the info. How did you contact Autel? I sent in an email but I have not heard anything back.

Just as follow up - Customer support did finally respond to me email and the Nano is being returned for repair/replacement
A similar thing happened with a Mini 2 I had. DJI replaced it with me using the insurance so I had to pay more to get a replacement.

I think what might have happened is I was doing a lot of offroading in my Jeep at the time and didn't put the gimbal guard on all the time so the gimbal and camera got bounced around in a way it was never designed for. Lesson learned. I always put the guard on now even when just driving short distances on the street no matter what drone I'm using.

Final Update. I sent the unit in for repair and they sent me a new unit which is working perfectly - so much fun. I did have to pay for shipping both directions.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain