Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from a long term DJI User

cwinne

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I just got my Autel Evo 2 Pro v3 yesterday and I'm excited to start flying! However, I'm having some issues doing so. It says I need an update on the controller so I try that. Then it tells me Download Failed and then doesn't let me do much of anything. If I say 'No" to the upgrade I get to the same place. This is with the drone powered on.

Hoping someone can point me in the direction of getting my FW all up to date and get to where I take off. The lens on this thing itself is bigger than the whole lens/gimbal of my old one, SO I'm really excited to start playing with it.

Reactions: PakNheat380
Based on the given info probably no-one is able to really help.

Be specific on what gear you use and , provide App & Firmware versions installed.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: PakNheat380
Based on the given info probably no-one is able to really help.

Be specific on what gear you use and , provide App & Firmware versions installed.

Here's the error from the SE remote. This is currently the issue I'm involved in...

Attachments

• PXL_20240309_150015819.jpg
    PXL_20240309_150015819.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240309_150025698.jpg
    PXL_20240309_150025698.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looks like the remote is not connected to a wifi network, did you hook it up your home router ?

Rhredddyyoooîuuú
Looks like the remote is not connected to a wifi network, did you hook it up your home router ?
I did yes. I also have a couple Pihole DNS resolvers designed to shoot down tracking and ad sites by returning 172.0.0.1 as the DNS for the page you're trying to look at..

Anyway, I've bypassed these (Once just disabling query blocking, the other by just using my phone's WiFi hotspot and still no luck. Any idea how to manually download and apply the update?

Greetings all,

I just got my Autel Evo 2 Pro v3 yesterday and I'm excited to start flying! However, I'm having some issues doing so. It says I need an update on the controller so I try that. Then it tells me Download Failed and then doesn't let me do much of anything. If I say 'No" to the upgrade I get to the same place. This is with the drone powered on.

Hoping someone can point me in the direction of getting my FW all up to date and get to where I take off. The lens on this thing itself is bigger than the whole lens/gimbal of my old one, SO I'm really excited to start playing with it.
You may have better luck to download the Firm ware update to a SD card and insert it in the drone and let it update.

EVO II V1, V2, and V3 series, Nano, and Lite series :

The firmware upgrade for is done by inserting the SD card into the drone's card slot. There are no separate firmware packages for the drone Aircraft and remote controller. Instead, there is a single firmware package that includes both the drone Aircraft and remote controller firmware versions.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
You may have better luck to download the Firm ware update to a SD card and insert it in the drone and let it update
Exactly here is where it will go wrong.

The APP update is required before applying the new firmware!

He needs to complete the App update first.

expl.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve A

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo