Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Front Obstacle Sensors Not Working Before Update 1.3.3.17

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
My front sensors were not seeing anything and seemed to stop working mid flight, or so it seems. Rear obstacle avoidance was still working same as it did when brand new. I finally got a break in the rain and got a chance to get the update 1.3.3.17 over the air. After the update, My front obstacle sensors are working again. I still haven't made a flight yet due to the weather. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Just bought a evo but flying in the firmware 1.1.015. The RC does not tell me to update. Am I missing something ?

Just bought a evo but flying in the firmware 1.1.015. The RC does not tell me to update. Am I missing something ?

After launching the Autel Explorer app, did you wait 1 to 2 minutes at the welcome screen? It takes a while before the update notice pops up.

dondi... Yes, I waited a good 2, maybe 3 minutes for my update to appear.

Update: I made one flight a couple of days ago with no issues but today, about the last 10 minutes of my flight, the front obstacle sensors stopped working. The arch that that is usually red, yellow and green (when there's obstacles) turned gray. This was not all at once, the gray arch would appear and go away. It stayed gray longer toward the end until finally staying on constant for the last 4 to 5 minutes. So, the update didn't solve my problem.

After some flying late in the evening and a couple of night flights, I have come to the conclusion that my front Obstacle Avoidance is not working at low light conditions. Mid day or morning, OA works fine.

I'm still on 1.3.3.17 I'll have to connect mine up and update it. Between the rain and putting an engine in my truck, I haven't had a chance to do much with my drone. Thanks for the info though! I was not aware of the latest update.

I'm still on 1.3.3.17 I'll have to connect mine up and update it. Between the rain and putting an engine in my truck, I haven't had a chance to do much with my drone. Thanks for the info though! I was not aware of the latest update.

No problem. Good luck with your truck.

Well, I updated and nothing changed. Time to contact Autel I guess.

I talked with a tech at Autel today and he stated that my Evo was working properly and that the front obstacle sensors are not designed to see in the dark. I could have swore they worked in the dark about 3 updates ago. Well not totally darkness but under a security light (street light) in the yard.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58