Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My crash after applying Firmware 1.4.9

Jirka

Reaction score
The whole day was like a mystery. I had a 16-minute flight in the morning just fine.

At home, I wanted to send the log to AutelRobotic, but I couldn't log in to AutelSky. I applied a forgotten password and name about 15 times. It didn't help, so I wrote for support. I tried again in the late afternoon but still couldn't log in.

Finally, I tried logging in with the old password and it was OK. However, the upload of the morning flight failed, so it seems that it does not exist, even though I have 4k video from the SD card and from my mobile phone.

I was alerted to the existence of a new firmware, so I went through the whole procedure - with no problems. Then I took the drone outside, in front of the house for a test so that I could go out into the field early the next morning.

I recalibrated the compass, IMEI, controller, and gimbal - no problems. The first start was just so up and down. On the second start, I probably went up until I received a confirmation about the setting of the new "homepoint".

I swerved a bit to the right and a few meters back. Satisfied I set the RTH .... and now I couldn't stop wondering. Following the announcement that the RTH will take place at the same height (or similar), the drone turned towards the roof of the house. When it started flying there, I tried to use the "PAUSE" button, but it didn't help. At the moment, the drone was above the roof, it started to fall, and all I could hear was the rumble of falling onto the roof and then falling to the ground.

The drone is scratched, the front sensors are displaced, and the motors work but the propellers are damaged. Although the gimbal is tested, it otherwise does not respond to commands from the controller. The battery was pulled out but the 256MB SD card popped up and I couldn't find it.

Although I have finished flying, I wonder if the error was in the firmware upgrade (it went normally for many users) or in me. I, therefore, ask for your opinions, advice, and experience. I will be happy to add the necessary information. From the log of both short flights, it can be seen that I kept the right stick in the left position for the entire duration of the flight, which is nonsense. The log of every normal flight starts - both sticks at an angle to each other.

Today I was again with the injured drone to test the RTH function - without problems, several times.

PrnScr
Expensive entertainment - for pensioners

Edit:
After reading the new enKoDed contribution, where the emphasis is on updating the batteries, I did one more test. I still have one battery left that has not been updated. I refused the update and tried to fly it. No difference, no disaster!

It's paradoxical that I don't know how to force her to decline now. Is there any possibility for an additional update?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. There is no GPS sats on the screenshot. Maybe this is the issue.

Last edited:
Hi. There is no GPS sats on the screenshot. Maybe this is the issue.
PrnScr2
This is how the AirData app displays all flights, it probably doesn't have the necessary data. See PrnScr2 from another flight.
PrnScr3
This is from the AutelSky app log.

Last edited:
Why did you re-calibrate everything after you did the update? Did it ask you to? I never recalibrate unless it directly asks you to. I think it says somewhere don’t just re-calibrate because you feel like it needs it. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but just curious why you went through the procedure on all three. I also wouldn’t just fly up until you receive homepoint, I would stay more towards the ground until homepoint has been announced. Lastly, if my drone was ever in trouble, the pause button would probably be my last choice in attempt to stop a crash. I would definitely try to manually divert the drone by using the sticks, even in a RTH sequence, it should still respond to the sticks if used. Regardless, sorry that happened.. a crash is always a bummer, but hopefully in the end you learn something if it’s not just a software failure, which can only make you a better pilot

Why did you re-calibrate everything after you did the update? Did it ask you to? I never recalibrate unless it directly asks you to. I think it says somewhere don’t just re-calibrate because you feel like it needs it. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but just curious why you went through the procedure on all three. I also wouldn’t just fly up until you receive homepoint, I would stay more towards the ground until homepoint has been announced. Lastly, if my drone was ever in trouble, the pause button would probably be my last choice in attempt to stop a crash. I would definitely try to manually divert the drone by using the sticks, even in a RTH sequence, it should still respond to the sticks if used. Regardless, sorry that happened.. a crash is always a bummer, but hopefully in the end you learn something if it’s not just a software failure, which can only make you a better pilot
Thank you for your participation. I have done most of the actions you criticize and it is described in my post. Unfortunately, my speaking in English is probably poor. After entering RTH, the drone control stopped responding to any instruction from the controller. In the pictures from the LOG that I have attached, you can see that during the entire flight I kept the right stick in the left position, which is nonsense and it is strange. And why did I calibrate? Personally, I find it logical. When other than during such a significant change as a firmware update? I have read about this necessity several times from the posts of more experienced users, the last time it was also in connection with this update. If it was not necessary or prohibited, the manufacturer would probably not make this option available.
Snímek obrazovky (5).png

Last edited:
Reactions: dronechimp
PrnScr2
This is how the AirData app displays all flights, it probably doesn't have the necessary data. See PrnScr2 from another flight.
PrnScr3
This is from the AutelSky app log.
my
Good for you Jirko! :)
hello, my nano did a very similar thing after latest update , moved home 8,000 feet away and took off toward it when i tapped return home. working with autel and seller. autel pilot

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy