Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware version 1.3.3.17 released

Installed and went for a short flight. Seems very stable. Precision mode is very cool, wish there was some adjustment to it.

Just did the update of the drone, controller and the app. All went well. Can't fly until Sunday. Looking forward to a softer/smother yaw! Next thing they need to do is add a headless mode!

Reactions: mixchief
Well, I'm bummed, did a short dusk flight today after FW update and right off the bat horizon tilt is worse than ever before had to go +2 to adjust even after calibration, it is NOT my lucky day, to top everything off the DJI Cinelight app actually FORMATTED one of my external HDDs I think because I made a file in it called DJI, now it's unusable because for some reason the computer is only seeing a a 466 MB partition out of 1TB not a happy man tonight. I hoped that the EVO was going to be better than ever, but nooooooooo. Autel will be hearing from me tomorrow.

Gimbal performance on mine immediately after the 1.3.3.17 update was not that great either. It was much better after a compass calibration, gimbal calibration, and a bit of flying. Here is what I did:
1. Power on the drone and controller. Wait until it has a strong GPS lock.
2. Calibrate the compass
3. Power cycle the drone
4. Let the drone sit for a minute or two. During this time the camera view slowly rolled counter-clockwise. Don't move on to the next step until the camera view stops moving
4. Run the gimbal calibration
5. Once complete, take off (do not power cycle the drone, for some reason it seems to forget the calibration if you power cycle without flying).
6. Fly some figure 8 patterns. after about a minute the horizon lock was perfect on mine.

Took it out again. Burned 2 batteries. Everything works perfect, video is smooth and totally controllable. Yaw is perfect, missions are good, video is very good. Did not do any calibrations after the update. This thing is turning out to be a beast. Love to fly it.:cool:

Wow! Who wouldn't want an EVO (and a home in Montana) after seeing that? But it was uploaded Sept 30…wasn't that before the 1.3.3.17 update was released?

Wow! Who wouldn't want an EVO (and a home in Montana) after seeing that? But it was uploaded Sept 30…wasn't that before the 1.3.3.17 update was released?

Yes it was using the beta. Not much has changed in IQ. If weather cooperates I will do another video with the public version.

Reactions: YuKay
Took it out again. Burned 2 batteries. Everything works perfect, video is smooth and totally controllable. Yaw is perfect, missions are good, video is very good. Did not do any calibrations after the update. This thing is turning out to be a beast. Love to fly it.:cool:

I'm so so jealous!!! I live in Miami. It's a very boring town for flying. Once you've shot the skyline once, there's pretty much nothing else to capture from the air!! Beautiful work; nice job!!!

I'm so so jealous!!! I live in Miami. It's a very boring town for flying. Once you've shot the skyline once, there's pretty much nothing else to capture from the air!! Beautiful work; nice job!!!
With all those beautiful buildings and amazing waterscapes, Miami looks like a videographer's dream to me.

Reactions: mixchief
There is actually a lot to capture, the problem is being able to do it as most of Miami is either a warning or nfz. too many airports and heliports. Not to far from Miami there is some great nature shooting, but of course after a while it all gets old. However I will want to go back up north to do some shooting in upstate NY or Mass. Gorgeous scenery. We should hook up, I'm in North Miami.

@Franlac Just did the update of the drone, controller and the app. All went well. Can't fly until Sunday. Looking forward to a softer/smother yaw! Next thing they need to do is add a headless mode!
After a few days flying the drone is super stable. The yaw only smooths out in the precision mode but that works for me! Make sure to calibrate the gimbal after the update. I fly the Typhoon H as well. For a small fold up the EVO is excellent and the video quality is great as well. Take some time to set up the camera properly. The sunny WB seems to make it way to warm looking. I have used the various Kelvin settings for WB and the sweet spot on sunny days, on my EVO, is around 5200 Kelvin. Chart is attached. You will have to do a bit of experimenting to get the look you like!kelvin-wb2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mixchief and YuKay
After a few days flying the drone is super stable. The yaw only smooths out in the precision mode but that works for me! Make sure to calibrate the gimbal after the update. I fly the Typhoon H as well. For a small fold up the EVO is excellent and the video quality is great as well. Take some time to set up the camera properly. The sunny WB seems to make it way to warm looking. I have used the various Kelvin settings for WB and the sweet spot on sunny days, on my EVO, is around 5200 Kelvin. Chart is attached. You will have to do a bit of experimenting to get the look you like!View attachment 2834
I can't find much information on Precision mode. Since I started out in Novice mode, choosing a max speed of 7mph, was that equivalent to Precision?

Is the idea to give a smooth transition into a yaw? I have seen some smooth EVO pans at higher speeds but they aren't capturing as much detail as a slow-moving camera.

I can't find much information on Precision mode. Since I started out in Novice mode, choosing a max speed of 7mph, was that equivalent to Precision?

Is the idea to give a smooth transition into a yaw? I have seen some smooth EVO pans at higher speeds but they aren't capturing as much detail as a slow-moving camera.
@YuKay did you do the firmware update and get the beta Explorer app? I'm not familiar with the novice mode as I have flown in standard until I did the update. The speed seemed much faster than 7mph... (I will give it full stick next time I fly and check the speed) and the yaw was much smoother in both standard and precision. More will be revealed as I get a bit more air time.

Reactions: YuKay
First, I don't want to hear any whining from anybody about how un-photogenic their habitat is ... living in Bakersfield, I am trying to find ways to make oilfields full of oil pumps and steam injection pipes look interesting if not beautiful. :rolleyes:

I installed the1.3.3.17 FW update on October 12 shortly after getting my EVO. I was instructed to install new firmware tonight and did so three times!!! Each time, after uploading to drone and pressing OK to see the results, the controller indicates that all systems are good to go with green check marks but also suggests that I re-boot both controller and drone and try again!

What am I doing wrong here?

Check your version numbers against the list below. If they match then the message is probably spurious and can be ignored.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 08.02.19.png

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo