Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SOLVED - Latest Firmware Will Not Transmit To Aircraft

Recently, like a couple of weeks ago, Autel released a firmware update for the Pro II V3. There are three updates. Android, Explorer and a firmware for the aircraft. The first two updated but when the system gets to transmitting to the aircraft, it fails. I have a ticket opened with Autel and will report back when there is an answer. Has anyone else experienced this?
Recently, like a couple of weeks ago, Autel released a firmware update for the Pro II V3. There are three updates. Android, Explorer and a firmware for the aircraft. The first two updated but when the system gets to transmitting to the aircraft, it fails. I have a ticket opened with Autel and will report back when there is an answer. Has anyone else experienced this?
Had the same problem Autel max 4t supplier updated through sd card I thought it was fixed then dng were turning out pink wrong setting on white balance new pro photo module not working then I got the black screen on startup drone launched itself to about a meter and then crashed no obstacle avoidance got it back working and new module update on restart doesn’t do much for the confidence

Reactions: Steve A
Upgraded SE controller to Smart Controller V3 over the Christmas holidays. Evo II pro 3 aircraft and controller will not pair after updates. Sending units in to Autel to correct pairing issue(s) next week.
I did notice after the 1st update it broke the pairing and wi-fi connections but I restored them with no problem.

here is what I updated to

APP 3.1.72
Android System V1.3.9.7
Aircraft Firmware V1.1.54

I did call and left a message for them to call me back to see what the problem is with my status lights.
Do t wait For them to call you back, be pro active and bug them.
I’ll tell you some of the stupidest tech-support people is from Autel. I had a major issue with my V2 then I upgraded to the V3. And now I’m hearing that you having problems now that’s frustrating to me. Good luck with your issue. Bug support people to get it fixed.

Reactions: G_G and Steve A
Dam, more issues. I'll call monday morning and ask if there is a fix for this. I had so much problems with the firmware update on the V2. Now that I have the V3 scared to update. Is it Safe To Update??? Dam.

Dam, more issues. I'll call monday morning and ask if there is a fix for this. I had so much problems with the firmware update on the V2. Now that I have the V3 scared to update. Is it Safe To Update??? Dam.
I would have to say, wait, until this clears.

Upgraded SE controller to Smart Controller V3 over the Christmas holidays. Evo II pro 3 aircraft and controller will not pair after updates. Sending units in to Autel to correct pairing issue(s) next week.
What a PIA!

Do t wait For them to call you back, be pro active and bug them.
I’ll tell you some of the stupidest tech-support people is from Autel. I had a major issue with my V2 then I upgraded to the V3. And now I’m hearing that you having problems now that’s frustrating to me. Good luck with your issue. Bug support people to get it fixed.
What gets me is everyone that answers the phone has to go to someone else to get an answer. Why am I talking with you if you haven't any answers? Put the other person on the phone. Turns out it's the engineers who sort all this out. I suspect answering the phone is below their job description. I think pretty soon my EVO 2 v3 will be taking a trip to the range. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
I will call again too
Service Time:05:00-16:00 (PST)

ISSUE SOLVED
I was able to speak with Richard at Autel today. He gave me the fix to get around this error and have the update stick.

When you get to the point of clicking on Start Updating, do not click on it (yet). Swipe from the top down on the screen to get to your wi-fi settings and turn off wi-fi. Go back to the Start Updating message and now click on Start Updating. The update will commence. You will first see "downloading" and subsequently "Updating Firmware". I just completed my unit and it is now updated. Video showing procedure

Reactions: rcee and Steve A
Updated, no longer connects to controller, can not pair, tried redoing the firmware (from SDcard as it will not transmit) nothing, won't connect to aircraft, can not pair, apparently no factory reset for either device.
Really really really wish I had bought DJI.

But if anyone has a suggestion for how to fix it that doesn't require wasting time with autel I'm happy to try it, just remember the controller and aircraft don't connect and can't pair.

When I did my updates after one of them I had to turn my wi-fi back on and pair it again. then I rebooted the controller, put the card in the drone with only the ModelC-A_FW_V1.1.54.zip file on the card and started the drone

When I did my updates after one of them I had to turn my wi-fi back on and pair it again. then I rebooted the controller, put the card in the drone with only the ModelC-A_FW_V1.1.54.zip file on the card and started the drone
What wifi? on the controller? In any case the controller no longer connects to the aircraft nor does it pair.

Same thing, multiple attempts at flashing the latest firmware from sdcard, as the controller doesn't connect.
Even went so far as to factory reset the smart controller, reinstalled the system and the app (side load) and same thing.
Won't pair with aircraft, and I do get odd lights that tell me nothing, 2 slow blinks on yellow and the forward lights do 2 blinks rapidly in green. It sits there and alternates this pattern.

ANy suggestions would be great.

That doesnt help at all, what wifi is he referring to?
Yes it is the wifi on the controller. This is what Autel tech support instructed me to do. That solved my issue. You may have complicated matters by factory resetting the controller which I am fairly confident unlinked the bird from the controller. So I think you need to fix that first then move on to doing the firmware update.

Reactions: Steve A
Yes it is the wifi on the controller. This is what Autel tech support instructed me to do. That solved my issue. You may have complicated matters by factory resetting the controller which I am fairly confident unlinked the bird from the controller. So I think you need to fix that first then move on to doing the firmware update.
OK so wifi the controller uses to get on the Inet? Because the aircraft uses wifi to communicate with the controller, so confusing.

You're wrong about the factory reset, that was a last try at fixing this, the problem existed well before that and could not be fixed.
In any case it should still be able to be paired, and it won't.
And all the firmware says it's the latest, except of course I can't see the aircraft firmware and the controller doesn't connect, but it went through the light sequence.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo