Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SOLVED - Latest Firmware Will Not Transmit To Aircraft

Mine would not talk to the drone until after I reconnected to Wi-fi and then it paired.

when I loaded the zip file on the SD card and started the drone, it ran the process on the drone and when it is finished it deleted the zip file from the SD card

I updated all software to latest versions, I had to do the aircraft update by micro sd card, so far I have only done a short test flight and it all seems good. The weather has been crap on the east coast- cold and windy so once things settle down weather wise I'll get a longer flight in and give the update a real test.

Reactions: Steve A
I called for support, they were useless over the phone so I tried an email and the guy sends me an older firmware file, now it connects and works, the aircraft is also quieter when it flies (don't ask me how but it is) and the GPS lock on is scary fast, the aircraft does not drift at all now, prior to this I had an issue where if filming a sunset for 15 minutes it would drift off and point elsewhere.
So, I will never update this thing again, why bother when it does what I want now.

Same thing, multiple attempts at flashing the latest firmware from sdcard, as the controller doesn't connect.
Even went so far as to factory reset the smart controller, reinstalled the system and the app (side load) and same thing.
Won't pair with aircraft, and I do get odd lights that tell me nothing, 2 slow blinks on yellow and the forward lights do 2 blinks rapidly in green. It sits there and alternates this pattern.

ANy suggestions would be great.
Same issue here, took it out the box, everything is current for the 50/50 chance it connects, forces a firmware update, says to reboot both after a successful message and 10 min of frowning, this is my first drone... i am not impressed. Tried OTA and sd card methods. I do the same for my thermal scopes so im familiar with the process of the sd card way, def not missing steps and def not resolving the issue, it has yet to fly after a month of being a paper weight.

Hi. I have 3 Autel drones that I use for business. Two EVO 2 Pro V3 and one EVO 2 Dual 640T V3. Has anyone had any issue upgrading the recent firmware. I upgraded one EVO 2 Pro V3 successfully but the other two drones said it successfully upgraded, however, the version table when checked on the remote control, after rebooting both the drone and the RC, did not indicate the change to the latest firmware. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issues

Hi. I have 3 Autel drones that I use for business. Two EVO 2 Pro V3 and one EVO 2 Dual 640T V3. Has anyone had any issue upgrading the recent firmware. I upgraded one EVO 2 Pro V3 successfully but the other two drones said it successfully upgraded, however, the version table when checked on the remote control, after rebooting both the drone and the RC, did not indicate the change to the latest firmware. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issues
I had problems with the firmware for my EVO II Dual 640T V3 . I finally got it to load but not my indicator lights and marker lights are all messed up. They have had all my data for about 3 weeks and nothing yet.

Been a lurker since purchasing a V3 Enterprise last year but felt like this was important to share.

The V3E had a crash, sent it in, got it replaced under Autel Care.
Received it and tried to pair with a SE Controller, no dice.
Tried different batteries, timing on pressing the sync button on the drone, nothing.
Emailed Autel, they said it was a firmware issue.
Was sent instructions with firmware "ModelC-A_FW_V1.1.9_V3Aircaft".
Tried that, didn't load even after leaving the drone on for 1 minute, then inserting a freshly formatted SD card.
Emailed again.
Was sent another firmware "ModelC-A_FW_V1.1.54", which presumably was shipped with the drone replacement.
Tried that, it did load with 4 rapid blinking lights.
Didn't want to pair with the controller.
Emailed again.
Was sent firmware "ModelC-A_SKY_V1.1.1.3_202212291331"
Tried that, loaded up with blinking lights.
Controller paired right up!
But then the update to 1.1.54 wasn't working, it would say there was an error updating drone.
Emailed again.
Was told to turn off WiFi just before updating.
Didn't work the first two times, closed app and rebooted drone and controller.
Turned on again, turned off WiFi since update was downloaded, turned off WiFi.
Magically updated to 1.1.54
Now says the most recent firmware version is installed.
Whew.

Here are the instruction from Autel to save you time. It's worked for the Enterprise with the RTK unit and the light, speaker, and beacon attachments.

Good luck!

Dear Customer,

The technical team has provided the following feedback: Could you download the attached file and try again using the following method?
How to upgrade Aircraft by SD card :
Ensure sufficient battery power for the drone and remote control before upgrading or downgrading.
Ensure the drone is not in flying mode.
Ensure the drone's motors are not spinning.
Ensure the drone is not connected to a computer via a data cable.
Format the SD card and copy the drone firmware to the SD card.
After powering up for 2 minute, insert the SD card into the drone.
Let the drone idle for 15 minute.
Restart the drone.
Get both the drone and the remote control into pairing mode.
The firmware you need has been placed in the attached materials or in GoogleDrive (link). Please click the link to download.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.

After updating the app, RC OS, and the aircraft firmware with V1.1.54, the communication between the aircraft and the RC was lost. Autel replaced the whole aircraft and the RC and installed the latest published software.
When checking the aircraft firmware version, I noticed that it reports the current version but not its number.
Interestingly, during the remote support that preceded the hardware replacement, even the unofficial firmware V1.1.57 couldn't establish the RC to aircraft connection. I don't intend to update the aircraft firmware with this version until it becomes official.
Overall, I'm very thankful to Autel Service for the excellent service.

Upgraded SE controller to Smart Controller V3 over the Christmas holidays. Evo II pro 3 aircraft and controller will not pair after updates. Sending units in to Autel to correct pairing issue(s) next week.
Did this get resolved?

Update to Jan 13th post.
Sent Evo II pro 3 and Smart Controller V3 to Autel via the Autel Care policy purchased with drone. Units were returned from Autel earlier in March and are paired properly. Other than the aggravating time factor, Autel addressed the issue(s)

Reactions: tbran6

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo