Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

it means people who really have no clue on what the UAV should be doing are satisfied with the outcome of the update. I really do not understand how you cannot understand that?

you seem to be taking offence to something I said. I'm a commercial drone operator with over 7 years experience and while I think the camera needs work on the EVO II the UAS itself post firmware upgrade is flying fine for me. Need to balance the good with the bad, for everyone who had a bad experience with the latest firmware there is probably many who do not.

I'm not taking any offence from anyone. It has been reported many times on here and the Autel facebook page of problems with firmware update V2.5.0 and Autel has posted that they have received many complaints on the problems from update V2.5.0 and are working to resolve them. You can be the best commercial pilot around but until you work for Autel you cannot say there is no problem with the firmware update V2.5.0 period. Sorry but your just a one of the lucky people who are happy with the update.

I'm not taking any offence from anyone. It has been reported many times on here and the Autel facebook page of problems with firmware update V2.5.0 and Autel has posted that they have received many complaints on the problems from update V2.5.0 and are working to resolve them. You can be the best commercial pilot around but until you work for Autel you cannot say there is no problem with the firmware update V2.5.0 period. Sorry but your just a one of the lucky people who are happy with the update.

Wow you need to calm down a bit, I guess you are having a bad day about something, sorry to hear that. Hope tomorrow is a better day, and for the love of god, let other people share their opinion without agenda. Stay neutral.

LOL
Is that that the best a I am better then most because I am a commercial pilot can say.
Take it from someone who has been around a very long time in this industry. With every update there are problems. You are one of the lucky ones.
Have a good day.

LOL
Is that that the best a I am better then most because I am a commercial pilot can say.
Take it from someone who has been around a very long time in this industry. With every update there are problems. You are one of the lucky ones.
Have a good day.

Wow are you still grumbling, honestly back away from the keyboard and drink a beer. I used to say the same stuff before I had permission to fly commercially, but essentially after every firmware upgrade you have to do two hours of flight testing and commercial flights are more frequent unless you are out of work or retired, so generally, you will get more exposure. Thats all.

not even sure what that means. seems like a throwaway.

I know what he means.

It is worrisome that some might not have issues. Why should firmware not have identical results on identical hardware? Are there other underlying QC issues due to manufacturing variances that make some units lemons?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I know what he means.

It is worrisome that some might not have issues. Why should firmware not have identical results on identical hardware? Are there other underlying QC issues due to manufacturing variances that make some units lemons?
Thank you I am glad someone picked up on that.

Reactions: parkgt
They definitely have a QC problem. I have had different results on different flights. Never know what to expect next. I hope they have a new version soon.

So, 5 flights since the update, 3 with yaw and drift issues, 2 without.

I cannot figure out the common thread on those with or without the issue. Same area, same interference, same weather.

it means people who really have no clue on what the UAV should be doing are satisfied with the outcome of the update. I really do not understand how you cannot understand that?
I’d expect that when flying straight and level that the aircraft not drift left to the point that you have to perform constant course corrections... I’d expect the aircraft to hold position when hovering and not drift several feet in a slight wind... I’d expect the aircraft not to yaw 6 to 10 degrees to the rignt while hovering with no stick inputs. These are the issues I’ve been experiencing intermittently. It’s not inexperience or not having a clue...

I’d expect that when flying straight and level that the aircraft not drift left to the point that you have to perform constant course corrections... I’d expect the aircraft to hold position when hovering and not drift several feet in a slight wind... I’d expect the aircraft not to yaw 6 to 10 degrees to the rignt while hovering with no stick inputs. These are the issues I’ve been experiencing intermittently. It’s not inexperience or not having a clue...

Exactly
Make sure you pass on your findings to Autel as they are the only ones who can solve these problems. The more who offer their results from the update the better & faster they can resolve them for you guys.

Are you talking about the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0? That drone is well known for that.

From the release notes: " Users are allowed to take off from a non-static surface in Standard Mode ".

does this mean you can run it handheld?

Exactly
Make sure you pass on your findings to Autel as they are the only ones who can solve these problems. The more who offer their results from the update the better & faster they can resolve them for you guys.
I’ve passed them along! =)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58