Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

Spent several hours flying the EVO II Pro this morning - doing close in / precision flight... the stability (or lack thereof) is definitely a problem. It was fairly windy 10mph with G to 22... but the aircraft was all over the place. Wandering yaw both right and left... difficult to keep in a straight line during flight... I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of precision position holding. Hoping this is a firmware update issue... this is a new aircraft for me, so I don’t have any historical perspective regarding it’s stability. I’m a relatively new pilot overall... about 40 hours on the sticks... most of which on a Mavic 2 Zoom.

On the positive - really like the 1” sensor and while I miss the optical zoom - the digital zoom capability on this aircraft with the high resolution sensor is pretty sharp. Still getting used to the controller... and the poorly placed A and B buttons that serve little function and are so easy to hit. LOL

Enough rambling...

Blue skies!
AJ

Almost identical background story for me. The Evo 2 Pro joined my fleet about 10 days ago. In the past I flew the Mavic 2 Pro a lot. I really hope they fix these yaw and drifting issues as fast as possible.

I am getting the yaw to the right the same as you are also the gimbal does not hold the horizon level even after a gimbal calibration.

I am having this horizon issue also, almost like the gimbal isn't holding level when yawing/pirouette, recalibration doesn't fix it and can't adjust it out. Only showed up after this last update for me but I'm having to level the horizon in Lightroom for photos and even video, the horizon is that noticeably off.

Reactions: Cicero24
Starting to wonder if they are doing any testing after the new firmware is created. Seems like a lot of problems being released in them. I mean more than usual.

Are you guys having erratic flight problems powering up the evo while it is sitting still on the ground so the IMU can warm up and calibrate properly? Is all sound like poorly calibrated IMUs, having nothing whatsoever to do with firmware problems.

Reactions: Mmoguls
Are you guys having erratic flight problems powering up the evo while it is sitting still on the ground so the IMU can warm up and calibrate properly? Is all sound like poorly calibrated IMUs, having nothing whatsoever to do with firmware problems.

If that were the case, then how come we all seem to have these issues after upgrading to firmware 2.5.0? I did not have these yawing and drifting issues before the update. Also no horizon tilt before the latest firmware. Furthermore I always take off from the same spot and did not experience these issues before. So if there was to be something wrong with the automatic IMU calibration of the Evo 2, shouldn't I or we have also been experiencing these issues before updating to firmware 2.5.0?

No. No. And no. Just like that guy said. The damn thing acts like this since the latest update. It powers up fine and it even tells you “ready to fly” before taking off. This crap should’ve been sorted out before the release. So many little problems since my purchase I was patient with, but now these new issues make flying difficult and frustrating to say the least.

If that were the case, then how come we all seem to have these issues after upgrading to firmware 2.5.0? I did not have these yawing and drifting issues before the update. Also no horizon tilt before the latest firmware. Furthermore I always take off from the same spot and did not experience these issues before. So if there was to be something wrong with the automatic IMU calibration of the Evo 2, shouldn't I or we have also been experiencing these issues before updating to firmware 2.5.0?
Because all these problems you (and others) are citing are nothing new. These are all problems that people have had in past versions too. Just because you are now experiencing a problem for the first time does not mean the problem itself is new, or that the problem itself was born in the new firmware. These are all ongoing problems that many people have experienced long before v2.5.0. And not everyone with 2.5.0 is experiencing these problems.

So the notion that Autel shipped firmware with no testing and as a result introduced these problems is non-sense. They were problems before. They're still problems now.

Reactions: charmin
There was no mention of yaw creep prior to this firmware anywhere, so you are “nonsense” Mr. Condescension. My bird flew straight and with a steady horizon prior to this release. It also never had yaw creep like I have now. It severely gimps my flying and footage now. It is well know throughout firmware releases by many drone producers that sometimes firmware versions are released with bugs that are found after their release. Many are experiencing these problems ONLY AFTER this last firmware drop like I have. My drone was not experiencing any of these problems on the last FW version. I have contacted Autel and I am sure the issue will be resolved in a future FW update. If there are those of us on here experiencing like I have, I can only imagine how many are also experiencing it who aren’t on this forum and are out in the world, but to negate several people’s issues is ignorant. With all of the issues that have been at hand since the release for the cost of these drones, it seems that these drones were not refined prior to launch. Come on man, just even a small search around here reveals several issues since release. Autel is not the only one either! DJIs ecosystem has also had its fair share of issues upon releases of drones and firmwares over the years too, Autel isn’t alone here.

And....they released a 10bit drone with no 10bit up until a few FWs ago. Talk about lack of QC. These guys had no idea it wasn’t producing 10bit even after many calls pertaining to the issue. So yeah, I’m frustrated with my $1800 drone and the roads that we are traveling on. Don’t get me wrong, when it is good...it is good, but it’s been a crapshoot!

Name calling is not going to change the facts, but I suppose if it makes you feel better? Again, just because you personally are experiencing these problems, does not make it a new problem or a problem caused by this firmware version. These are old problems that you are just now experiencing for the first time. Everything else is just your conjecture.

These are not old problems. You are ignoring all these guys telling you it didn’t exist prior to 2.5.0....the horizon issue was fixed prior to this release in 2.3 firmware.

I tested 3 battery packs the other day, and noticed the drift albeit small, it was obvious. This wasn’t present before this fw update. I have a huge shoot tomorrow and thought I’d use my E2P, but it looks like it will sit on the bench and play back up roll... ridiculous! I’m starting to have buyers remorse, especially when I found out I can’t downgrade fw like I can on my DJI birds.

@AdamJ1555 and @Cicero24

Same here. Uncontrolled yaw either to the right or to the left when completely off the sticks. Furthermore there is a drift sometimes to the right or to the left when flying straight ahead. It is extremely frustrating I have to say. I have recalibrated everything that I can recalibrate. That is: the remote controller, gimbal and compass.

How positive are you guys that it is only a firmware bug and not a hardware issue with these aircraft (IMU, etc.)?

Very interesting assumption...
Please tell me, How would you even in the slightest consider this too be anything related to hardware when its just now started and only across those who've just recently updated their firmware and yet had no issues prior to said update? I would love to figure out your logic behind such an assumption as such.
In the meantime, If you guys are having issues then just go and rollback the FW version and wait for them to fix it...
#1 Lesson in drone piloting, is to NEVER UPDATE on day 1 of firmware releases or anything that has any type of affect of your flight control systems or signal interpretation. So as I said before just rollback the FW and you'll all be hunky dorey in no time ;)

I tested 3 battery packs the other day, and noticed the drift albeit small, it was obvious. This wasn’t present before this fw update. I have a huge shoot tomorrow and thought I’d use my E2P, but it looks like it will sit on the bench and play back up roll... ridiculous! I’m starting to have buyers remorse, especially when I found out I can’t downgrade fw like I can on my DJI birds.
Dude, its not the end of the world... Unlike the crap fest DJI is here with AUTEL, you CAN rollback your FW and have your precious shoot to attend to just fine...

Reactions: Mmoguls
Very interesting assumption...
Please tell me, How would you even in the slightest consider this too be anything related to hardware when its just now started and only across those who've just recently updated their firmware and yet had no issues prior to said update? I would love to figure out your logic behind such an assumption as such.
In the meantime, If you guys are having issues then just go and rollback the FW version and wait for them to fix it...
#1 Lesson in drone piloting, is to NEVER UPDATE on day 1 of firmware releases or anything that has any type of affect of your flight control systems or signal interpretation. So as I said before just rollback the FW and you'll all be hunky dorey in no time ;)
You can't roll back the firmware.

Reactions: parkgt

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm