Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

Nope. Tried rolling back. It will not rollback.
I
Save your flight records if you dont have them uploaded after each flight to your log profile... Which I do because its much easier and you never lose a flight or anything for that matter... Then Go ahead and completely wipe the cache and data for the app from your device you use for the flight app and also completely delete the app afterwards. Then go and reinstall the app and you will be able to rollback and also im gonna PM you a section with all the Firmware revision that you simply upload to the root folder of your SD card, pop it in and you will be back to good as new ;)

These are not old problems. You are ignoring all these guys telling you it didn’t exist prior to 2.5.0....the horizon issue was fixed prior to this release in 2.3 firmware.

I'm not ignoring anyone, which is the whole point. There were people with these issues BEFORE, myself included. I am not ignoring them, which it appears you are doing.

I
Save your flight records if you dont have them uploaded after each flight to your log profile... Which I do because its much easier and you never lose a flight or anything for that matter... Then Go ahead and completely wipe the cache and data for the app from your device you use for the flight app and also completely delete the app afterwards. Then go and reinstall the app and you will be able to rollback and also im gonna PM you a section with all the Firmware revision that you simply upload to the root folder of your SD card, pop it in and you will be back to good as new ;)
Great! I cleared cache and never deleted the app while loading the past firmware to attempt rollback. Thanks man! Gonna give it a go in a minute.

I
I just tried that and it goes through the motions to rollback to 2.3.3. Once 100%, it states on the rc to reboot and try again. The fw log still shows the versions for 2.5.0.

Reactions: parkgt
Cicero24. He doesn't seem to have a problem testing out his theories on someone elses drone and possibly bricking it. You can't roll back the firmware. Just need to wait for another update which I'm sure they are working on considering what's going on with the last update.

I am having this horizon issue also, almost like the gimbal isn't holding level when yawing/pirouette, recalibration doesn't fix it and can't adjust it out. Only showed up after this last update for me but I'm having to level the horizon in Lightroom for photos and even video, the horizon is that noticeably off.
Hope you e-mail Autel, maybe if they get enough feedback they will get their act together.

Last edited:
Hope you e-mail Autel, maybe if they get enough feedback they will get their act

If you check out the facebook page "OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners" you will actually see even more people reporting about this issue.

@parkgt, are you the man who raised the 2.5.0 firmware issue on their facebook page?
If so, I very much appreciate your effort in raising the yaw and drift issues on their facebook page. In my opinion, this is exactly what needs to be done. The more people report it, the more serious Autel will take it...hopefully.

Reactions: parkgt
Because all these problems you (and others) are citing are nothing new. These are all problems that people have had in past versions too. Just because you are now experiencing a problem for the first time does not mean the problem itself is new, or that the problem itself was born in the new firmware. These are all ongoing problems that many people have experienced long before v2.5.0. And not everyone with 2.5.0 is experiencing these problems.

So the notion that Autel shipped firmware with no testing and as a result introduced these problems is non-sense. They were problems before. They're still problems now.

Firmware or old issues it’s still a problem. Disappointing to have these sorts of issues in the product. My first impression is that they have QC problems. Would be nice to have IMU calibration represented somewhere in the menus...

What Adam said. ^^^^^

@jsizzle I will ask you your opinion on everything EV2P related from this point forward. Think I just made a new best friend flying buddy.

FYI, having the drifting and yaw issues here as well on the 2.5.0. Kick myself for not reading here first before updating.

Put in a ticket with Autel.

FYI, having the drifting and yaw issues here as well on the 2.5.0. Kick myself for not reading here first before updating.

Put in a ticket with Autel.
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, what does that mean (Put in a ticket with Autel)?

I’m having issues after the 2.5.0 update, I was under the impression Autel would eventually fix the issues with another update. So I’ve parked my Evo 2 until they fix these issues, it’s not safe to fly at the moment.

Paul

Forgive me for asking a dumb question, what does that mean (Put in a ticket with Autel)?

I’m having issues after the 2.5.0 update, I was under the impression Autel would eventually fix the issues with another update. So I’ve parked my Evo 2 until they fix these issues, it’s not safe to fly at the moment.

Paul
Write Autel support e-mail with your concern, they will open a file (ticket). It also lets them know more are effected and concerned!

Write Autel support e-mail with your concern, they will open a file (ticket). It also lets them know more are effected and concerned!
Thanks parkgt,

I’ll definitely contact Autel tomorrow with an email, makes sense the more people contact Autel the more they understand these issues are serious.

Thanks!
Paul

Hi, I started having all the same problems and eventually got worse, yawing by itself etc. Then as mentioned in early message it started saying controller sticks need calibrating almost every time... once re calibrated 99% of the time this sorted the problem, until it started saying calibration failed every now and then. Soon after that it failed every time so was unusable... I had spoken to Autel who thought it was firmware... and that's where the advice stopped, fortunately the supplier did seem to get some assistance from Autel and after sending all the normal rubbish, videos of fault, fault log, they decided it was the actual controller, by now the LH stick was playing up mechanically and just wouldn't do anything in its down position and occasionally left or right, if you managed to get past the calibration mode which occasionally it would, one in 50 attempts... So,
I've just received a new controller back from the supplier... ! and returned the old one. I'm not saying everyone's problem could be the same but worth remembering if things get worse. New one all seems fine.. fingers crossed... Cheers.

Reactions: aebiv
Hi, I started having all the same problems and eventually got worse, yawing by itself etc. Then as mentioned in early message it started saying controller sticks need calibrating almost every time... once re calibrated 99% of the time this sorted the problem, until it started saying calibration failed every now and then. Soon after that it failed every time so was unusable... I had spoken to Autel who thought it was firmware... and that's where the advice stopped, fortunately the supplier did seem to get some assistance from Autel and after sending all the normal rubbish, videos of fault, fault log, they decided it was the actual controller, by now the LH stick was playing up mechanically and just wouldn't do anything in its down position and occasionally left or right, if you managed to get past the calibration mode which occasionally it would, one in 50 attempts... So,
I've just received a new controller back from the supplier... ! and returned the old one. I'm not saying everyone's problem could be the same but worth remembering if things get worse. New one all seems fine.. fingers crossed... Cheers.

Interesting. I’ll have to run through the controller calibration bit then and see if that helps at all. I hope it doesn’t come down to exchanging the controller though, as that means swapping the Alientech antenna’s out and back. Not a horrible job, but with big hands it isn’t fun.

I’m assuming all this for you was before the 2.5.0 firmware? Are you on it now?

Can someone direct me to Autel’s email, appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Paul

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm