Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

Txfirecop

Reaction score
After updating to the new firmware, I am having the following issues. Curious if anyone else is having the same issues.

1. Have to calibrate the remote control Every time it is turned on.
2. Often have to re-start the EVO2P to reset the camera gimbal. This thing starts turning and just going crazy.
3. Stability has turned to crap. This thing has a mind of its own at times.

I am sure there are a few more things I haven’t listed but the last FW was better than what I have now. I have tried everything that I can think of with no good results. It’s almost like learning to fly again. Rant over.

I am experiencing a random yawing to the R when coming to a hover after straight forward flight. There have been several instances that the flight path also drifts right. Brand new aircraft, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the firmware or not... I am tweaking sensitivity and settings to see if I can dial it in.

Twice in 18 flights I've received a warning "Gimbal not ready" for upwards of 60 seconds when starting up. I've watched to be sure the gimbal has no obstructions - once I had to restart to resolve... the second time I waited and let it resolve itself.

After updating to the new firmware, I am having the following issues. Curious if anyone else is having the same issues.

1. Have to calibrate the remote control Every time it is turned on.
2. Often have to re-start the EVO2P to reset the camera gimbal. This thing starts turning and just going crazy.
3. Stability has turned to crap. This thing has a mind of its own at times.

I am sure there are a few more things I haven’t listed but the last FW was better than what I have now. I have tried everything that I can think of with no good results. It’s almost like learning to fly again. Rant over.
i had that same problem until I figured out it was me, after calibrating sticks rotate gimbal wheel full counter-clockwise, then rotate same gimbal wheel full clock-wise. This locks calibration to sticks, that’s probably the problem. Happened to me, let us know if this fixes the issue.

Paul

Reactions: drrags
Hey Paul,

I have rotated the gimbal wheel as you described multiple times with the same results. I think I will download again and see if that’s the problem.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Yeah....I’m experiencing the yaw drift while completely off the sticks. Frustrating to say the least! It never did this prior to this recent firmware update. I’ve recalibrated the RC with no change in the wandering yaw. I’m convinced it’s a firmware bug.

@AdamJ1555 and @Cicero24

Same here. Uncontrolled yaw either to the right or to the left when completely off the sticks. Furthermore there is a drift sometimes to the right or to the left when flying straight ahead. It is extremely frustrating I have to say. I have recalibrated everything that I can recalibrate. That is: the remote controller, gimbal and compass.

How positive are you guys that it is only a firmware bug and not a hardware issue with these aircraft (IMU, etc.)?

Reactions: AdamJ1555
@AdamJ1555 and @Cicero24

Same here. Uncontrolled yaw either to the right or to the left when completely off the sticks. Furthermore there is a drift sometimes to the right or to the left when flying straight ahead. It is extremely frustrating I have to say. I have recalibrated everything that I can recalibrate. That is: the remote controller, gimbal and compass.

How positive are you guys that it is only a firmware bug and not a hardware issue with these aircraft (IMU, etc.)?

If they didn't have it before the update it must not be hardware.

@AdamJ1555 and @Cicero24

It’s definitely a filmware bug, I’ve only flown a few times since the update and each time noticed when turning off obstacle avoidance eliminates most of these issues.

Good luck
Paul

I never had these wander issues prior to this firmware update, so that’s how I’m sure it’s something imbedded inside this specific firmware. All of the issues described above I have experienced myself since this update. I usually fly with OA off. I feel the OA detection since a few FW updates ago is way too touchy. The issue persist even with OA turned off. Has anyone here contacted Autel Support yet? I’m going to. They have always been very receptive when bringing issues to light and usually the issue gets resolved in short time.

I am experiencing a random yawing to the R when coming to a hover after straight forward flight. There have been several instances that the flight path also drifts right. Brand new aircraft, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the firmware or not... I am tweaking sensitivity and settings to see if I can dial it in.

Twice in 18 flights I've received a warning "Gimbal not ready" for upwards of 60 seconds when starting up. I've watched to be sure the gimbal has no obstructions - once I had to restart to resolve... the second time I waited and let it resolve itself.
I am getting the yaw to the right the same as you are also the gimbal does not hold the horizon level even after a gimbal calibration.

Well, to say the least, I had a fine nose and I don't regret my choice, Proven software and proven drone, 98 flights in two months without problems.
When I said that the Evo 2 was not ripe, I think it is not going to be yet and that we will have to wait a little longer.
Maybe for Christmas ...........:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I never had these wander issues prior to this firmware update, so that’s how I’m sure it’s something imbedded inside this specific firmware. All of the issues described above I have experienced myself since this update. I usually fly with OA off. I feel the OA detection since a few FW updates ago is way too touchy. The issue persist even with OA turned off. Has anyone here contacted Autel Support yet? I’m going to. They have always been very receptive when bringing issues to light and usually the issue gets resolved in short time.

I have contacted Autel Support today and let them know about the drifting and yaw issues. Now, we can only hope that they will take care of these issues as soon as possible.

Did you manage to get a hold of them as well?

I think the more affected pilots contact them about these issues the more serious and urgent they will deal with it (hopefully).

Reactions: PingSpike
The stick calibration nearly every time you turn on the controller was happening to me with the previous version as well. Something else is causing that that isn't new to this new firmware.

I downloaded the FW and updated this morning. This corrected most of my problems. I do still have yaw and drifting issues, however, the gimbal and stick calibration cleared up. I have flown 4 batteries in a fairly strong wind and actually did pretty good other than the yaw drift. Charging up for another 4 battery session.

I never had any stick calibration issues, just yaw drifting and a slightly tilted horizon all of a sudden. There always seems to be something with this thing. Frustrating to say the least for the investment. Calling tomorrow.

Reactions: parkgt
Autel still has a ways to go to make the 6K Pro a PRO platform. As a 107 pilot it is hard to trust it for close in inspection work. Almost lost it the other day when it yawed close enough to a power line that I lost the tips of one prop. Thought it was a close call until I landed and realized just how close it was.

Autel still has a ways to go to make the 6K Pro a PRO platform. As a 107 pilot it is hard to trust it for close in inspection work. Almost lost it the other day when it yawed close enough to a power line that I lost the tips of one prop. Thought it was a close call until I landed and realized just how close it was.

So if I understand that correctly you do also experience these yaw and drifting issues with your Evo 2 Pro? I know you mentioned in your first post above that you did not experience the issues mentioned by @Txfirecop in his first post.

Spent several hours flying the EVO II Pro this morning - doing close in / precision flight... the stability (or lack thereof) is definitely a problem. It was fairly windy 10mph with G to 22... but the aircraft was all over the place. Wandering yaw both right and left... difficult to keep in a straight line during flight... I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of precision position holding. Hoping this is a firmware update issue... this is a new aircraft for me, so I don’t have any historical perspective regarding it’s stability. I’m a relatively new pilot overall... about 40 hours on the sticks... most of which on a Mavic 2 Zoom.

On the positive - really like the 1” sensor and while I miss the optical zoom - the digital zoom capability on this aircraft with the high resolution sensor is pretty sharp. Still getting used to the controller... and the poorly placed A and B buttons that serve little function and are so easy to hit. LOL

Enough rambling...

Blue skies!
AJ

So if I understand that correctly you do also experience these yaw and drifting issues with your Evo 2 Pro? I know you mentioned in your first post above that you did not experience the issues mentioned by @Txfirecop in his first post.

Yes, to drifting (left and right) and occasional yaw. Have not experienced the OP's issues. Makes one wonder how Autel tests their updates before release.

Reactions: UAV8 Drones

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy