Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

Way better off phoning them.

thanks Tufargon

I’ll do that early next week see if they found a solution, just emailed them and received a ticket number. Boy that was fast, but I’ll still call Autel.

Sure miss flying the Evo 2 Pro, after the recent firmware update had a few close calls. Not safe to fly it, too risky.

Thanks again,
Paul

Reactions: Tufargon
I hear you. I wouldn't risk it either. Way too much of an investment.

Interesting. I’ll have to run through the controller calibration bit then and see if that helps at all. I hope it doesn’t come down to exchanging the controller though, as that means swapping the Alientech antenna’s out and back. Not a horrible job, but with big hands it isn’t fun.

I’m assuming all this for you was before the 2.5.0 firmware? Are you on it now?
Hi, I'll have to double check but certain it was FW 2.5.0 as just caught it when it came out a few days before and tried before I sent the old one back.... the Controller software was the latest version as had it from beta a few weeks before... but we ended up not thinking it was either because as soon as you turned the controller on it came up with the error, but that took a few weeks to gradually fully materialise eventually without anything connected...

Does anyone know when the next firmware will be released? I get different results every time I fly. Tonight I got the wild gimbal shake after I was in the air for about 10 minutes. Then after it stopped my horizon was screwed up to the point I had to land. This is becoming ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
Have no clue. I put in a ticket for all of the issues that I am experiencing on the 10th and sent everything asked of me and I have yet to hear back from Autel. Now on to today’s bizarre happening.... I power up the RC, then drone, and it gives me an OTA firmware update prompt. For just a second I got excited until I realized that it was prompting me to update 2.5.0 fw again out of nowhere. What gives? I have been on 2.5.0 since the day it was released! All of the versions on the application match the release notes on my drone already, but what the h*ll, I let it do it’s thing hoping for even a slight bit of improvement. Nothing! Issues still persist. I’ve been flying my Mavic 2 Pro as of late since this E2P has been a hassle until new fw comes out. I’m hoping something drops real soon so I can enjoy this thing again!

Reactions: Txfirecop
It is a common thing. Only thing to do is ignore it. It's the same update and will not change anything. Unfortunately the wait is on for the next update.

They sent me an e-mail today in response to my complaint about 2.5.0.

They said that since the issue was resolved they were closing my ticket.

WTH!

They sent me an e-mail today in response to my complaint about 2.5.0.

They said that since the issue was resolved they were closing my ticket.

WTH!
They said it was resolved?

Yes, that is what the e-mail said. I even went to their website to see if they had made a new firmware available, no such luck. Replied back that it wasn't resolved.

What a crew!

This doesn't sound like them. Hopefully they do something.

Well, it doesn't get better from what I see. I did well, I think, to put the purchase of this device on hold.
And given what I see and read, I am not ready to take the plunge.

It does have a very good camera and a solid platform to ride on. Unfortunately the firmware and app software are not yet up to PRO standards. Seems that Autel is talent or horsepower limited in being able to address issues and improve the deficiencies holding it back.

Spent several hours flying the EVO II Pro this morning - doing close in / precision flight... the stability (or lack thereof) is definitely a problem. It was fairly windy 10mph with G to 22... but the aircraft was all over the place. Wandering yaw both right and left... difficult to keep in a straight line during flight... I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of precision position holding. Hoping this is a firmware update issue... this is a new aircraft for me, so I don’t have any historical perspective regarding it’s stability. I’m a relatively new pilot overall... about 40 hours on the sticks... most of which on a Mavic 2 Zoom.

On the positive - really like the 1” sensor and while I miss the optical zoom - the digital zoom capability on this aircraft with the high resolution sensor is pretty sharp. Still getting used to the controller... and the poorly placed A and B buttons that serve little function and are so easy to hit. LOL

Enough rambling...

Blue skies!
AJ
I flew close inspections on approximately 30,000 sq feet of roof today which took about 5 hours and were 5 stories high. Because the roofs were so high I had to be about a 1000 feet away from the drone in order to keep line of sight. The last 2 batteries were flown with winds which the drone handled quite well. I couldn't be happier with the Evo ll Pro. I never notice any unwanted yaw or drifting. The digital zoom came in handy and my P4 pro would not have been able to handle the wind nearly as well.

Sorry guys but I can't see anything wrong with the update, have happily flown numerous times since the update.
Hello guys. I was about to buy an EVO II Pro but I’ll wait a little bit...
Just to say, I have 2 Parrot Anafi but the Parrot community is rather used to firmware updates problems, so you’re not alone...

It's better than the parrot, no issues for me since the update, not dismissing people with issues but remember people only post on forums when things don't work, sure there is plenty of people flying fine with the update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo