Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware V2.5.0

Looks like I need to do some testing on 2.5.0. I know its been out for a while, but I just haven't had the time to fly and test it.

Just did a test flight. Calibrated the RC, just because, then did a compass calibration.
What I noticed. The drone heading is tending to turn to the left, drift left. The whole drone is not drifting left, but because the heading is drifting left (nose of the drone) You need to do a slight course correction. Even when hovering. I wonder if the expo has been messed up for some reason. Drone is not "locked" when letting up on the sticks. No doubt this will get fixed. I also noticed this on video playback when I did a RTH test. As the drone came down, it was rotating slightly left, where previously it came straight down with no drift. This throws everything off.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkgt
Looks like I need to do some testing on 2.5.0. I know its been out for a while, but I just haven't had the time to fly and test it.

Just did a test flight. Calibrated the RC, just because, then did a compass calibration.
What I noticed. The drone heading is tending to turn to the left, drift left. The whole drone is not drifting left, but because the heading is drifting left (nose of the drone) You need to do a slight course correction. Even when hovering. I wonder if the expo has been messed up for some reason. Drone is not "locked" when letting up on the sticks. No doubt this will get fixed. I also noticed this on video playback when I did a RTH test. As the drone came down, it was rotating slightly left, where previously it came straight down with no drift. This throws everything off.

Hope you let Autel know.

I created a new thread, so please post results there...from your friends at drone-hacks!
Downgrade that firmware!

This is strange but I haven't experienced so many issues with 2.5.0. From my experience I can report two:
- Annoying "gimbal not ready" message
- In a mission: when flying on straight line with heading towards the next way point indeed it looks yaw was not accurate. Mission goal was to take photos of a street, gimbal pitch 90 downwards, flight along the street (street is 100% striaght and the route on map is simply a line covering the street). On the photos the street was not ideally vertical, it was tilted left by 1-15 degrees (~ 200 photos collected, I would say 30% ok, the rest of them affected and the tilt was increasing over time up to 15 degrees). I guessed it was due to wind but maybe it was caused by the issues described here.
But when I tried 5 minutes hover in manual mode, Evo2 was rock solid. I don't know maybe it was good luck or settings? My preferred settings are quite close to neutral:
1599402943982.png

This is strange but I haven't experienced so many issues with 2.5.0. From my experience I can report two:
- Annoying "gimbal not ready" message
- In a mission: when flying on straight line with heading towards the next way point indeed it looks yaw was not accurate. Mission goal was to take photos of a street, gimbal pitch 90 downwards, flight along the street (street is 100% striaght and the route on map is simply a line covering the street). On the photos the street was not ideally vertical, it was tilted left by 1-15 degrees (~ 200 photos collected, I would say 30% ok, the rest of them affected and the tilt was increasing over time up to 15 degrees). I guessed it was due to wind but maybe it was caused by the issues described here.
But when I tried 5 minutes hover in manual mode, Evo2 was rock solid. I don't know maybe it was good luck or settings? My preferred settings are quite close to neutral:
View attachment 8385
Go to the link above your post and downgrade back to 2.3.3

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials