Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Executive Summary Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Part 89) December 20, 2019

Stocking up only works if the old drones would get grandfathered. They won't.
So every drone that has been purchased without these devices can only fly 400 ft and must still have an internet connection.
Kinda messes up the Autel Evo 2 since that will be similar in which you do not need to fly with a phone\internet connection.
I have also heard that this will take up to 3 years to actually come into law. By then they will find other ways to use the loop wholes.

So every drone that has been purchased without these devices can only fly 400 ft and must still have an internet connection.
Kinda messes up the Autel Evo 2 since that will be similar in which you do not need to fly with a phone\internet connection.
I have also heard that this will take up to 3 years to actually come into law. By then they will find other ways to use the loop wholes.
Your Evo has the capability of broadcasting through the wifi spectrum, so you won't be limited to the 400'. What you will need is a device with data connected while flying. Autel can issue a firmware update that dissables the controller screen for camera view. it is simple coding. Your FPV drones will be a whole different matter. Most likely you will be stuck to flying inside warehouses were the FAA has no jurisdiction.

At the moment I can't comment on future loopholes, since the regulation hasn't been finalized.

So how is this going to work with RC hobbiest and the self built quads and whoops?

Here is the scenario they laid out

"Linus wants to fly a UAS without remote identification that he assembled at home from parts he bought at a hobby shop a few years ago. He uses his unmanned aircraft exclusively as a model aircraft. Since he registered his unmanned aircraft in 2018, before the effective date of the remote identification rule, he was not required to provide any specific information about the aircraft, such as the serial number. Linus's aircraft registration expires in 2021, and he will renew the registration of his unmanned aircraft on the FAADroneZone website. At that time, he would have to submit the unmanned aircraft's manufacturer and model name as part of the registration process. Because Linus built his own UAS, he plans to use his own name as the manufacturer and use a model number of his choosing.
Because his UAS does not have any remote identification capabilities, Linus knows he may only operate it within an FAA-recognized identification area. Linus is a member of the Arizona Amateur Modelers (AAM) organization, which has an FAA-recognized identification area near his home. "

When you overturn the system. And put the people who only think about profit outside.
But it's a sweet dream!

The FAA’s NRPM on RID — What It
Ain’t

Attachments

• The FAA's NRPM on RID — What It Ain't _ InterDrone.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Message from :
Vic Mossto UAV Legal News & Discussion

Hobbyists, modelers, and AMA members, please DO NOT copy and paste the AMA template into the RID NPRM comments.

You will not get counted. As I was preparing for an RID NPRM meeting tonight, I went to the comment section and counted the first 100 comments. Of those, 39% were C&P AMA comments.

If you don't believe they won't count, this is straight from the docket page. It's talking about why the number of comments displayed may not match up with the number of comments submitted.

Again, straight from the docket page: "some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign."

Actually no. Limited RID requires you to broadcast over the internet. What this is proposing is to broadcast over wifi.
I was referring to the sweetness of the 400-foot bubble they have planned for us. In the vid, DJI mentions Network RID for delivery drones = Standard RID, and the Broadcast RID {drone to phone} would = Limited RID.

The general public will nickname us the bubble boy flyers.?

• Sad
Reactions: butch

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials