Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Remote ID Deadline extended

Cool. Are you able to detect the RID using the available apps?

Also, did you ever find a model number either on the device or in the user guide?

The serial number is broadcast and shown in the HS Drone Go2 app when inputting the drone details. The serial number is also on a sticker on the side of the rid module, you input the serial number into the faa data field of "add device" with maker and a few other details-submit and then it shows up in your registered inventory section, that's it, that's all, your good to go. One other thing once you input a drone and its details, the HS rid module locks it in and broadcasts only that drone and details- you have to reprogram it for each drone you fly with.

No, I could not see it thru drone scanner, problem with drone scanner or its settings for sure, The Holy Stone app finds it when its scanning for it- the rid module has to be in programming mode not broadcasting mode as well, so its pretty much a poor app is drone scanner- needs a serious update and a serious price drop.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
The serial number is broadcast and shown in the HS Drone Go2 app when inputting the drone details. The serial number is also on a sticker on the side of the rid module, you input the serial number into the faa data field of "add device" with maker and a few other details-submit and then it shows up in your registered inventory section, that's it, that's all, your good to go. One other thing once you input a drone and its details, the HS rid module locks it in and broadcasts only that drone and details- you have to reprogram it for each drone you fly with.

No, I could not see it thru drone scanner, problem with drone scanner or its settings for sure, The Holy Stone app finds it when its scanning for it- the rid module has to be in programming mode not broadcasting mode as well, so its pretty much a poor app is drone scanner- needs a serious update and a serious price drop.

Cheers
3Fees
What's the model number of the device?

Reactions: 3Fees
On the back side

Model No. : HSRID01

Same as on FAA UAS Declaration of Compliance doc

IDRID000000290Holy StoneHSRID01Broadcast ModuleAccepted6.13.2023

Now all you have to do is buy one or two, lol. I bought one and paid $3 extra for overnight delivery, here at 7 am.

Program it, reboot, attach to drone and your all good in the neighborhood.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I have been looking at dronetag drone scanner reviews, it appears it works with some phones and not others cost of phone is not the issue. The issues of scanning thru Bluetooth and or Wifi for drones get complex quickly. I suppose a dedicated BT device and dedicated controller on different frequencies is a possible for best results. BT v2.1,4.0,5.0- frequency is 2.402-2.481Ghz, why one keeps the rid module away from GPS and antennas. 2.4 Ghz is a control frequency on some drones.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
I have been looking at dronetag drone scanner reviews, it appears it works with some phones and not others cost of phone is not the issue. The issues of scanning thru Bluetooth and or Wifi for drones get complex quickly. I suppose a dedicated BT device and dedicated controller on different frequencies is a possible for best results. BT v2.1,4.0,5.0- frequency is 2.402-2.481Ghz, why one keeps the rid module away from GPS and antennas. 2.4 Ghz is a control frequency on some drones.

Cheers
3Fees
Yeah when it comes to the apps and detecting RID (whether standard or broadcast), the results are mixed. It's truly a cluster.

Cheers
3Fees
Well, I bought 2 for both my Evo II Pro RTK V2 and Enterprise. They should be here next week. I think it's a fair price if it works as advertised. Looking forward to receiving them

Reactions: 3Fees
HS you saved some bucks and yes they work as advertised, hundreds of them sold so far. In case it comes up, I'm not affiliated with Holy Stone, I paid full price for mine too.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Reactions: EBERLS
On the back side

Model No. : HSRID01

Same as on FAA UAS Declaration of Compliance doc

IDRID000000290Holy StoneHSRID01Broadcast ModuleAccepted6.13.2023

Now all you have to do is buy one or two, lol. I bought one and paid $3 extra for overnight delivery, here at 7 am.

Program it, reboot, attach to drone and your all good in the neighborhood.

Cheers
3Fees
This is what I was looking for.... many have said this is not able to be seen on many of the apps, thus I was starting to question the authenticity of the signal being broadcast... so this being accepted by the FAA, would one assume that they indeed have this Certificate of Compliance and all is A-OK?

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Yes, I'd trust the FAA certification on the FAA site rather than 3rd party apps that are uncertified and from the reviews have very poor reliability. The whole area is new it will take some time before reliable software is available, I have tested many of these rid detection software programs and only one showed the module and then checking again it found nothing.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
This is what I was looking for.... many have said this is not able to be seen on many of the apps, thus I was starting to question the authenticity of the signal being broadcast... so this being accepted by the FAA, would one assume that they indeed have this Certificate of Compliance and all is A-OK?
I agree that the FAA DoC is posted and therefore this module is A-OK to be pressed into service. But that certainly doesn't mean it is broadcasting properly. To my knowledge, the FAA doesn't actually test anything so honestly, you never know for sure. But that doesn't matter to the pilot since all you need to be legal is a DoC and the RID number.

Yes, I'd trust the FAA certification on the FAA site rather than 3rd party apps that are uncertified and from the reviews have very poor reliability. The whole area is new it will take some time before reliable software is available, I have tested many of these rid detection software programs and only one showed the module and then checking again it found nothing.

Cheers
3Fees
Yes I trust the FAA site for certification approved but it means nothing about whether the module is working properly. As you know, the DJI Mavic was listed as compliant and later the DoC had to be rescinded because....it was untrue. This was uncovered because DJI blew the whistle, not because the FAA figured it out.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Actually FAA has to certified a part before FAA certification by a FAA certified technician. This is true for any part on a aircraft system. They may or may not have tested this module, odds are they did.

Cheers
3fees

Further no one knows the exact frequency this module is using this is critical to using a soft ware app it could be scanning the wrong frequency which is most likely .

Cheers
3Fees

Further Bluetooth is usually paired, there is no pairing going on in these apps with this HS module.

Cheers
3fees

Actually FAA has to certified a part before FAA certification by a FAA certified technician. This is true for any part on a aircraft system. They may or may not have tested this module, odds are they did.

Cheers
3fees
Sadly we know this isn't happening for remote ID modules and drones, the FAA is not testing any of them. The process relies on a series of self- declarations and demonstration means of compliance by submitting the proper documentation and being open to inspection/audit if necessary. I would say there is a 1% chance the FAA is testing any drone or module before it issues the DoC which is evident from this (i.e. they never tested a Mavic Pro Platinum, no one did it): In a first, FAA rescinds DJI drone's Remote ID compliance status

See the MoC and DoC processes here: UAS Declaration of Compliance

If the FAA is not testing these drones by FAA certified technicians they are remiss with there own rules.
They are however all tested and certified and submitted to various agencies. They have to submit a report with the testing procedures they used to comply with FCC rules and FAA rules( see those certifications), whom write the rules of acceptable test results and the tests. That DJI misrepresented a declaration does not mean squat, lol. the problem that came up was drones were listed as toys which came under less stringent rules. these hobby's have become a small cottage industry and the rules are catching up.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
If the FAA is not testing these drones by FAA certified technicians they are remiss with there own rules.
They are however all tested and certified and submitted to various agencies. They have to submit a report with the testing procedures they used to comply with FCC rules and FAA rules( see those certifications), whom write the rules of acceptable test results and the tests. That DJI misrepresented a declaration does not mean squat, lol. the problem that came up was drones were listed as toys which came under less stringent rules. these hobby's have become a small cottage industry and the rules are catching up.

Cheers
3Fees
Thanks for repeating what I said originally and agreeing with me. It's clear from the process document that the FAA is not testing each one of these these modules; that's for sure.

Holy Stone RID Module on Amazon is picking up steam, over 400 modules sold, rating has gone to 4.5 out of 5. That you cannot see the drone thru bluetooth software on your phone is not news, most phones have a minimal bluetooth chip and of course range as well.

Cheers
3Fees

Holy Stone RID Module on Amazon is picking up steam, over 400 modules sold, rating has gone to 4.5 out of 5. That you cannot see the drone thru bluetooth software on your phone is not news, most phones have a minimal bluetooth chip and of course range as well.

Cheers
3Fees
I ordered one. I imagine if this is the right module for you, you would want to buy a few of them which might explain why so many have sold recently. Did you mention you wanted to buy a 2nd module?

Negative, One is enough for now. I'm sure other modules will come out probably at lower prices so I'll wait and see.

Cheers
3Fees

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo