Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Remote ID Deadline extended

Reactions: SunAngel and 3Fees
Agreed. The broadcast modules according to the FAA were to cost like $50-75 not $200 on up plus there are hardly any suppliers.

Cheers
3Fees
Not sure why anyone would think the price of these modules are going to be cheaper as March approaches. Seems to me if there was a cheap module to be had, it would be here already. The recent FAA action doesn't lower prices, it raises prices.

Reactions: redleger
At this point there is like one supplier dronetag.cz who has none available , as more suppliers come in to the market the price will drop that is obvious, basic economics. PRC suppliers will eventually play cut throat in the market and the price will drop, its a big market out there lots of cash to be made.

FAA may even extend it further if more suppliers aren't in the market, monopolies are suppose to be price regulated which the FAA has not done.

Quite a few of the drones on the market right now are less than the price of dronetag rid module.

Cheers
3Fees

At this point there is like one supplier dronetag.cz who has none available , as more suppliers come in to the market the price will drop that is obvious, basic economics. PRC suppliers will eventually play cut throat in the market and the price will drop, its a big market out there lots of cash to be made.

FAA may even extend it further if more suppliers aren't in the market, monopolies are suppose to be price regulated which the FAA has not done.

Quite a few of the drones on the market right now are less than the price of dronetag rid module.

Cheers
3Fees
The FAA is not going to extended the deadline a second time. Won't happen. The FAA won't be regulating the price of broadcast modules.

I have my DRONE TAG on order!
It should be mentioned, if you have a RID module on Order, you SHOULD NOT Cancel it and wait till the March Deadline! Keep it on order!

The RID modules will probably not go down as the usual BS about supply chain issue continue!

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but if you FLY for FUN, Recreational purposes, you only need ONE module for all your drones, swapping back and forth. On the other hand, if you fly PART 107, you will need a Separate Module for each Part 107 drone you have!

I just purchased the new DJI Air 3 and it is equipped for RID, so no module required!

Reactions: SunAngel
To be clear, it is only the enforcement of RID which has been delayed up until March 16, 2024, and only for those currently unable to comply. No matter which of the three reasons for noncompliance (RID FW update pending but not yet available, need module or manufacturer promised module and still haven't received one or can't get one yet, FRIA application not yet processed by the FAA), the FAA can still cite you for noncompliance if you do not comply after being able to, any time before March 16, 2024. Mere willful refusal to comply is still a violation of RID and is citable today, if you are able to comply with RID (RID FW update available but uninstalled, module already received but not installed, FRIA app denied).

It is unfortunately sad that AUTEL ROBOTICS hasn't even made an attempt to upgrade their Older Products with a FIRMWARE UPDATE to make them RID compatible!

It takes a module already installed to broadcast the rid information and software to run it on the controller. The external rid modules broadcast the rid information and takes a 3rd application to read it and see it , like dronetag or drone scanner app.

Holy Stone has an external RID module they are selling now and has FAA approval, it works with all drones and is $90 on amazon with free shipping. Hopefully more manufacturers will get busy and start selling these so the price will be around $50.00, this should happen with all the dollars at stake- plenty of them , in mean time Holy Stone is the only game in town worth considering and available now !

Here is a picture of it:

7183aqsL1jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The old saying in the electronic business is when buying cutting edge technology make sure you dont get cut or have plenty of band aids, you just entered the 3Fees zone, lol.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
It takes a module already installed to broadcast the rid information and software to run it on the controller. The external rid modules broadcast the rid information and takes a 3rd application to read it and see it , like dronetag or drone scanner app.

Holy Stone has an external RID module they are selling now and has FAA approval, it works with all drones and is $90 on amazon with free shipping. Hopefully more manufacturers will get busy and start selling these so the price will be around $50.00, this should happen with all the dollars at stake- plenty of them , in mean time Holy Stone is the only game in town worth considering and available now !

Here is a picture of it:

View attachment 16564

The old saying in the electronic business is when buying cutting edge technology make sure you dont get cut or have plenty of band aids, you just entered the 3Fees zone, lol.

Cheers
3Fees
Do you have a link to the FAA DoC for this module?

Yes.

Holy Stone FAA RID Compliance Number.

I contacted Holy Stone support as well and talked over the phone and email and confirmed its good for all drones. There is app from holy stone where you put in the drone serial number if any and input the details of the drone , they have short videos on amazon to tell a person all thats needed. One has to register the module on faadronezone and list the drones going to be using it.

Call Holy Stone up and email them and hear the good news and thank the Monk order in PRC for crushing the monopoly like a grape, they are a large investor in Holy Stone. I just don't understand why people are not up on world events, a small event in world events, a large event in the world of drones.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Yes.

Holy Stone FAA RID Compliance Number.

I contacted Holy Stone as well and talked with them and confirmed its good for all drones. There is app from holy stone where you put in the drone serial number if any and input the details of the drone , they have short videos on amazon to tell a person all thats needed. One has to register the module on faadronezone and list the drones going to be using it.

Cheers
3Fees
Thanks. I get that and I saw it posted as well...in many places. What I don't understand is why does no one ever mention the model number for this RID? If people are going to use the FAA database to find an approved module and/or go out and buy something that is "recommended" how can they do that if every single reference to the module never mentions it? Is it even listed on the device's label or in the user guide? It's nowhere to be found on amazon. I believe it is true (model number is HSRID01) but what if this is actualy (HSRID02) or something else the HS is selling? I'm pretty sure it works but I would prefer to get a module that has a DoC. Again, I see the doc and see links to the doc all over the place (anyone can drop a link) but what I don't see if "you are buying HSRID01...."

I think there was some initial confusion about this working on with HS drone but that has been cleared up as well; it works on every drone. But it doesn't help when the HS website lists compatibility and only includes HS drones and when there are reviews with low stars that claim it doesn't work with their drone and they were told as such by HS (pretty sure even the HS don't know how to properly respond) but again, most of us know that it works will all drones. Doesn't help when the module and the drone have the same manufacturer name....

I also realize a lot of people don't care if there is a DoC or not....I would prefer one please. To me details matter and if I would verify the module number somewhere on or in the device....I guess I could order it from Amazon and send it back. But since I don't need a module today, this is what I am waiting for. Plus, I'm still holding out for an Autel module that will only work on an Autel drone, I guess. 🤣

You have to remember that every man marches to sound of his own drummer, so what you and I are using as standards will not translate to what other people do in other lands. For instance in the PRC, fathers and mothers will, yes will their jobs to their children as an inheritance, being diplomatic is useless knowing the customs and usages is the only avenue, if you need the number verified contact Holy Stone support for details and then be more happier.

Cheers
3Fees

You have to remember that every man marches to sound of his own drummer, so what you and I are using as standards will not translate to what other people do in other lands. For instance in the PRC, fathers and mothers will, yes will their jobs to their children as an inheritance, being diplomatic is useless knowing the customs and usages is the only avenue, if you need the number verified contact Holy Stone support for details and then be more happier.

Cheers
3Fees
Ok no problem, I was hoping you could help or point in the right direction. I thought you might have had one yourself and could look on it to verify.

As I mentioned and others have said, HS does not know themselves. They tell some people the module is compatible only with their drones. Since they are selling the drone, no one should expect the to tell the truth. Have no idea who you are actually talking with when you reach out to them. It just seems strange to me because really no other electronics out there are sold without a model number prominent somewhere; makes me a little suspicious. I wouldn't put it past them to be selling a low cost knock off that isn't actually approved. If it is approved, put the model number on it and close the door, how hard is that? Trust but verify is what I'm doing. I'll let the group know if I get one and find out more details, it if matter to anyone.

So, appreciate the comments. I agree, for most people details and facts don't matter so much. They would be proud to say hey I bought it on the internet, it says it is approved in the comments, I thought I could go ahead and use it. :)

That's what one poster said, I talked with them and have the email that state plainly their rid module on amazon will work with any drone.
Holy Stone, they have sold probably over 40,000 drones on amazon and if you count ebay even more than that. The Holy Stone HS110 no rid module which is not on the list 18,000 sold of these drones,, the plus key gets you to the inputting the drone of your choice. Holy Stone is not going to risk anything, plus you have amazon returns and 60 day or 2 statement credit card grace period on purchases and so forth.

CALL Holy Stone. As you know already Holy Stone is not a fly by night company, they are a bargain drone company and dont have all the technological bells, whistles, and toys of other drones companies a few of them only. I'd call in and get the info you want, I'm sure they know the module listing number and where they are selling it. They do answer their phones and emails.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Just ordered the Holy Stone RID Module from Amazon getting it delivered by overnight express, will update when registered with FAA drone zone, it does work for all drones. From what I gather one rid module is good for all drones flown recreational and one rid module is associated with only one drone flown commercially- Part 107 License, I have both Part 107 and Trust Licenses active, keep up the good work.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Just ordered the Holy Stone RID Module from Amazon getting it delivered by overnight express, will update when registered with FAA drone zone, it does work for all drones. From what I gather one rid module is good for all drones flown recreational and one rid module is associated with only one drone flown commercially- Part 107 License, I have both Part 107 and Trust Licenses active, keep up the good work.

Cheers
3Fees
Please let us know how it works out for you. Seems like a good remote. All my Amazon purchases have been put on hold due to upcoming Amazon Days; will see what's available for what price at that time.

Reactions: 3Fees
Will do. More videos and reviews are coming in, all signs point to the HS RID module as being the real deal and good for all drones. Checking out one video the serial number is on a sticker on the side of the module and it displays the serial number in the HS Go2 app where you program in the information on your drone and yourself to be broadcast by bluetooth frequency with location ect. For the price of dronetag mini you can buy 3 HS Rid modules, for dronetag beacon 2 HS rid modules, keep up the good work.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Got the HS RID module in, it works fine and does work for all drones, slight glitch on reprogramming, called customer support and got call back in minutes-figured out the issue on reprogramming--needed to read further on in the manual, oops, all good now, registered the holy stone rid module on faa drone zone in minutes, now showing in recreational and commercial equipment sections.

IMG_20231006_063622_231.jpg
IMG_20231006_063923_050.jpg
When both lights are on solid- this is programming-reprogramming mode.
Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo