Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Max 4T / Firmware Update "Firmware file verification failed"

pyrozyme

Reaction score
Greetings. I did my first flights with the new Max today and was really happy with it. However... As expected there were firmware updates for the drone and controller. Both downloaded well and after the controller updated it requested that I restart the drone and the controller, which I did. Now the drone firware update won't go through. Autel Explorer acknowledges that there is still an update to be done. The Firmware Update screen shows "Downloading (100%)" and the estimated time remaining is at 0 seconds. The blue button at the bottom is clickable with "Update All", but when I click it the spinning icon with "Verifying" shows up, and then it fails after about 15 seconds with the following text: "Firmware file verification failed. Error Code: CODE_20012".

I'm just curious if anyone has seen this error code or similar circumstances with Autel, or had update issues with the Max series. Google searches are not really giving me anything. To be specific, the update is from Version 1.4.0.67 to 1.5.0.75.

I know it's possible to do a manual firmware update with some Autel drones (Such as my old Evo 1), but I did not find downloadable firmware for this model like I can for others. For now, I don't have any issues with flying, but I'm going to be putting the drone through some serious trials over the next week or so and would like to make sure I've got the latest updates.

Any wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Greetings. I did my first flights with the new Max today and was really happy with it. However... As expected there were firmware updates for the drone and controller. Both downloaded well and after the controller updated it requested that I restart the drone and the controller, which I did. Now the drone firware update won't go through. Autel Explorer acknowledges that there is still an update to be done. The Firmware Update screen shows "Downloading (100%)" and the estimated time remaining is at 0 seconds. The blue button at the bottom is clickable with "Update All", but when I click it the spinning icon with "Verifying" shows up, and then it fails after about 15 seconds with the following text: "Firmware file verification failed. Error Code: CODE_20012".

I'm just curious if anyone has seen this error code or similar circumstances with Autel, or had update issues with the Max series. Google searches are not really giving me anything. To be specific, the update is from Version 1.4.0.67 to 1.5.0.75.

I know it's possible to do a manual firmware update with some Autel drones (Such as my old Evo 1), but I did not find downloadable firmware for this model like I can for others. For now, I don't have any issues with flying, but I'm going to be putting the drone through some serious trials over the next week or so and would like to make sure I've got the latest updates.

Thanks!
Yes, I had the same thing happen and contacted Autel. This is the fix:

EVO MAX 4T Smart Controller Home Page - files - RCPad - Large files - please long press and delete MdeiaRecorder_20230710_111- after that then please redo OTA firmware version updating problem fixed

Reactions: pyrozyme
Yes, I had the same thing happen and contacted Autel. This is the fix:

EVO MAX 4T Smart Controller Home Page - files - RCPad - Large files - please long press and delete MdeiaRecorder_20230710_111- after that then please redo OTA firmware version updating problem fixed

Thanks for the quick reply!
I managed to get it done through basically the same route. I didn't even notice the "Large Files" selection when I started poking around, but I found the very well named firmware file in:
RCPad/storage/emulated/0/enterprise/drone

I deleted and rebooted and everything went smoothly, completed the update process about 5 minutes ago.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Solidhouse

Thanks!
..try setting the transmitter back to factory and start the updates again from the very first update.

After the latest firmware update I am unhappy. How can I roll my firmware back to version

1.4.0.67 any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo