Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo in EU

Ich würde an deine Stelle noch etwas warten, bis es eine EU Version gibt und einen EU-Händler. Ich hatte Probleme mit dem Gimbal durch einen Crash beim Starten der Drohne ..die Versandkosten neben Reperaturkosten, Teile und Rückversand und erneute Einfuhrsteuer machten Rund 580 Euro aus. Ich liebe die Drohne hab jetzt sogar schon eine 2.. Im Moment kann ich nur abraten.:(

Ja, ich verstehe Sie, aber ich denke, dass wir in Europa lange warten müssen, bis es eine europäische Version gibt.

De drone is geweldig, maar voor een beetje meer geld krijg je een DJI Pro 2 vrij legaal en met Duitse service en 1 inch sensor. ;)

Ik denk dat dat helaas nooit zal gebeuren.

mijn equipment:

2 Autel EVO
1 Mavic Pro
1 DJI Inspire 1.2

To make it fair for the rest of the forum users this is a English speaking forum. The rules are laid out for you to read. It is not fair for others that need to use Google translate so please use English when posting in the forums or it will be deleted.

Reactions: Ozziie
my EVO always lands about 1 meter from its starting point, someone with a solution that is next to the landing pad every time?

I ordered mine at Weyland store in china, they are a reseller within Aliexpress. It was sent free (under Aliexpress conditions) to the Netherlands, it took one week (with DHL) to get here and there were NO customfees or what so ever...….. On the package they stated it was an RC tool with a value of (yes, they realy did) …… $ 10,- (ten dollars !).
EDIT: i paid 983 euro's for it in total ( (the evo, 2 batteries, 6 props, cables, a shoulder bag, charger…. also a complete set).

I registered it with its serial number at Autel in the USA. I hope that i have service as it is an Original Autel Evo (so stated at the box......

Today i had my first flight...…. last 2 weeks to much rain and wind...… but now: just a little bit of small raindrops (and i mean realy small drops) and no wind. It flew so verry stable, had 3 RTH landings…. wow how good that was..... it did touch the same spot over again at just some cm's distance from where it started…...

Made just one mistake myself……. (shame on me)….. forgot to touch the video button on my Lenovo 8" tablet as well on the remote, so no footage of the first flight...…. but tomorrow there is a new chance with some dry weather and almost no wind....

Hi,

The Autel Evo seems like a very good drone also compared to the mavic pro 2. Only disadvantage is that it is not selling in Europe. I'm also from Netherlands and am considering getting it online as well. My only worry is about support or in case of problems, where to have it repaired. What are your experiences with the Evo so far Jan? Does it still work well. Are there any restrictions flying it in Europe or Netherlands? Does it work well with Google maps?

Hi,

The Autel Evo seems like a very good drone also compared to the mavic pro 2. Only disadvantage is that it is not selling in Europe. I'm also from Netherlands and am considering getting it online as well. My only worry is about support or in case of problems, where to have it repaired. What are your experiences with the Evo so far Jan? Does it still work well. Are there any restrictions flying it in Europe or Netherlands? Does it work well with Google maps?

Hi Manfred,

I am still flying the EVO, have the latest software installed, use a Lenovo 8 inch tablet (no phone data available) and had no issues yet.
It is flying great, even in some hihg wind (Bft 4-5); just keep it in your line of sight with these winds. But mostly i wait for good wheather.

Two things i noticed that were not mentioned in the advertisements or manuals:

1 : The minimal hight setting for RTH is 30 meters and using the RTH makes the EVO get up verry quickly there, also the direction of the nose towards the landingspot is a verry quick turn. Flying towards the landing spot is not so fast. So i Always rotate it first with its nose towards the landingspot and then push RTH. Untill now it landed super close to the startingpoint.

2.: In europe we use PAL for video, in this setting i can't find the 4K 60 FPS..... it is there in NTSC mode and in my VLC program i can look at the video's at NTSC 4K 60 FPS (also on my Samsung TV set i can change to NTSC and see the video's).

I have not used google maps so far, can see the maps on screen (they use GPS)but i Always just fly on sight. Perhaps i will give it a try one day in making waypoints.

Restrictions are the usual: 5-6 km away from major airports, not above railways or crowds. You can find all the restrictions on the internet.

Because the lack of issues (and also i am a verry carefull flyer) i still like it verry much. I have two Yuneec drones and never try to break any distance or high record with them, also i don't do this with te EVO. I don't want to fly for 4 or 5 km's far or 2000 mtrs high and worry about where it is. If i find something interesting for me for pictures or video's i try to get as close as possible. If not possible, well bad luck, no pictures or videos rather than a big chance of losing 1000 Euros……..
And if bad luck happens and is followed by damage, i guess i have to send it to the USA (after asking info about the sending back and returning) and as i have heard, the is a guy with a drone shop in Switzerland who is selling them. Somewhere in these forums his name and shop are mentioned…… perhaps he knows ways to send it in for repairs.

Happy flying and greetings from Uitgeest in the Netherlands.....

Hi Manfred,

I am still flying the EVO, have the latest software installed, use a Lenovo 8 inch tablet (no phone data available) and had no issues yet.
It is flying great, even in some hihg wind (Bft 4-5); just keep it in your line of sight with these winds. But mostly i wait for good wheather.

1 : The minimal hight setting for RTH is 30 meters and using the RTH makes the EVO get up verry quickly there, also the direction of the nose towards the landingspot is a verry quick turn. Flying towards the landing spot is not so fast. So i Always rotate it first with its nose towards the landingspot and then push RTH. Untill now it landed super close to the startingpoint.

2.: In europe we use PAL for video, in this setting i can't find the 4K 60 FPS..... it is there in NTSC mode and in my VLC program i can look at the video's at NTSC 4K 60 FPS (also on my Samsung TV set i can change to NTSC and see the video's).

I have not used google maps so far, can see the maps on screen (they use GPS)but i Always just fly on sight. Perhaps i will give it a try one day in making waypoints.

Restrictions are the usual: 5-6 km away from major airports, not above railways or crowds. You can find all the restrictions on the internet.

Because the lack of issues (and also i am a verry carefull flyer) i still like it verry much. I have two Yuneec drones and never try to break any distance or high record with them, also i don't do this with te EVO. I don't want to fly for 4 or 5 km's far or 2000 mtrs high and worry about where it is. If i find something interesting for me for pictures or video's i try to get as close as possible. If not possible, well bad luck, no pictures or videos rather than a big chance of losing 1000 Euros……..
And if bad luck happens and is followed by damage, i guess i have to send it to the USA (after asking info about the sending back and returning) and as i have heard, the is a guy with a drone shop in Switzerland who is selling them. Somewhere in these forums his name and shop are mentioned…… perhaps he knows ways to send it in for repairs.

Thanks for your info. I'm currently flying with a typhoon h plus, but looking for something smaller to travel with. Ntsc shouldn't be a problem I think since I'm using PC anyways. On the typhoon I always use 40 meters RTH, which is in most cases a safe hight. I agree you should always keep the drone in sight and not go higher than 120 meters (differs per country) and stick to regulations.

Hey fellow drone pilots,

do you think/do you have any information if the EVO will be released in the EU (especially in Germany)?
The homepage provide the following info:
RF Receiver Operating Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz 902MHz~928MHz
Video Link Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz 902MHz~928MHz
Sadly I don't know if these frequency are allowed in the EU.
I'm looking forward to your input, thanks :)
Hello
We are 5 or 6 to fly with EVO in France and there is no problem of radio frequencies.
You can fly to Germany without problem!
You have to buy the EVO in the USA and pay in addition to customs fees for France 120 euros ..
The service support in the USA is very fast in case of problems with your drone, I tested in 2018 it was perfect nothing to say
Have a good day

Thanks for your info. I'm currently flying with a typhoon h plus, but looking for something smaller to travel with. Ntsc shouldn't be a problem I think since I'm using PC anyways. On the typhoon I always use 40 meters RTH, which is in most cases a safe hight. I agree you should always keep the drone in sight and not go higher than 120 meters (differs per country) and stick to regulations.

Ordered it through Weyland about 2 weeks ago and with 6 batteries in total for a price of around €1150. Received it within 7 days or so via DHL. For customs they included 'Drone sample' with a value of $100. Still about €64 import and tax, crazy: more than half of its value, but I'm happy that it's not higher ;-)

Haven't flown it yet though.

I'm also looking to buy the new Battery Charger Hub which can charge up to 4 batteries at a time: EVO Battery Charging Hub

And preferably buy the Freewell All Day 8 pack filter set for the Evo as well: Amazon.com : Freewell All Day 8 Pack ND4, ND8, ND16, CPL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND32/PL, ND64/PL Filters Compatible with Autel Evo : Camera & Photo

Would be neat to buy them at the same reseller so you only pay import/tax once. Does any one know where to get the battery charger hub?

Hi Manfred,

Hi JanJaap,
How do you charge the batteries? Are you just using a US-EU plug or are you using a converter? I think just the plug should be sufficient since the adapter can handle input up to 240V. Just checking ?

Hi JanJaap,
How do you charge the batteries? Are you just using a US-EU plug or are you using a converter? I think just the plug should be sufficient since the adapter can handle input up to 240V. Just checking ?
Hi manfred,

I charge the batteries with the plug that was provides bij Weyland stores. It is a EU plug and works well, no problems with our Dutch 220 -240 Volts net.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain