Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 3 coming in 2022 (maybe). What will this mean for the Evo 2?

It is rare these days to see positive things said about Autel products, possibly because their latest offerings are so problematic, but I agree 100%, I couldn't imagine flying any other done at the moment.

I will admit that you are braver than I am; I will probably never update the FW, every problem that my EVO has is easy to work around, I am not going to risk a FW update introducing a problem that I can't fix.
I have tested the last firmware for Evo 2 Pro V1 on 7 drones, all working fine.
With latest Autel Explorer I had an "issue", if I can call it like that, I have drawn the maps for mapping and the drone in mapping mission was all time at around 2meters parallel path with the mission lines. Was calibrated and all things.
In rest, standard bugs that we already know from the start, nothing changed, so you can update it without problems.
The speed settings for max ascend and descend speed is a nice touch.

Reactions: gschulzuio
I have tested the last firmware for Evo 2 Pro V1 on 7 drones, all working fine.
With latest Autel Explorer I had an "issue", if I can call it like that, I have drawn the maps for mapping and the drone in mapping mission was all time at around 2meters parallel path with the mission lines. Was calibrated and all things.
In rest, standard bugs that we already know from the start, nothing changed, so you can update it without problems.
The speed settings for max ascend and descend speed is a nice touch.
Concur, unless its something to fix an urgent bug, I wait a bit for new FW/SW on app/aircraft before applying, likewise, not the day of or before any missions. Likewise update one aircraft or controller/app combo in case something goes bad, still have backup with other aircraft, controllers/app devices in case something does go bad. After applying updates (SW/FW) will go do a test, post maintenance flight in a nice open area to verify everything is good to go.

So, I know for a fact i won't get certain answers from any of you because you're not oracles and you can't guess the future, but considering Autel's history, what do you think will happen when the Evo 3 launches?

In an interview with Ken Heron, Maxwell Lee, the General Manager of Autel Robotics confirmed that the Evo 3 may be coming in 2022.
Autel has a really bad history of discontinuing support for their drones, rather abruptly, both in the software department but also in the hardware department, specifically batteries.

However, the Evo 2 series forked into more products that use roughly the same hardware and software (E2Enterprise, E2Thermal, the v2(considered very new) ), and I was wondering if this would positively affect the "long time" support of the Evo 2?

Do you think the Evo 2 consumer series will benefit from a longer period of software updates and battery availability just because the enterprise counterparts use the same hardware?
There's no way on earth as we know it that it will have the same battery as the Evo 2!! And as for the rumors. I'm getting tired of these companies today trying to hype their products with no information and rumors. We are not children we are consumers and you know this drone is going to be very expensive! Why can't they just tell us what they are planning like adults and then we can plan for it too. That way we have some kind of ball park to be saving for and working toward instead of dropping a drone for $5000.dollars that we've waited for forever I'm mean forever and now can't afford!! Samsung, apple, dji, autel and the list goes on of companies just playing games with their consumers!! We keep letting them!!

There's no way on earth as we know it that it will have the same battery as the Evo 2!! And as for the rumors. I'm getting tired of these companies today trying to hype their products with no information and rumors. We are not children we are consumers and you know this drone is going to be very expensive! Why can't they just tell us what they are planning like adults and then we can plan for it too. That way we have some kind of ball park to be saving for and working toward instead of dropping a drone for $5000.dollars that we've waited for forever I'm mean forever and now can't afford!! Samsung, apple, dji, autel and the list goes on of companies just playing games with their consumers!! We keep letting them!!
unfortunately the competition is real and manufacturers cannot disclose publicly what products they are working on. unless you are apple, it's unwise to let your competitor know you are coming out with a drone with a 40 min battery, 8k, 20x zoom, and an lte dongle for $4000 because you just might get surprised when he's coming out with a 45 min, 10k, 40x zoom with a 5G dongle for $3500 the month before you and you can't do anything about it. manufacturers already share enough with the right people who need to know and that's plenty. these arent secret government projects, enough people know what's coming next without having to be a youtuber on nda. all big companies share their roadmap with suppliers and vendors and big customers/retailers, government.

As they don't have Sky app ready even now, missing a lot of things from it, also Nano+ and Lite+ are not finished, I would not see any chance of Evo3 this year. maybe in second half of 2023...

As they don't have Sky app ready even now, missing a lot of things from it, also Nano+ and Lite+ are not finished, I would not see any chance of Evo3 this year. maybe in second half of 2023...
Or, they do like DJI and pre-announce, then announce (maybe along with GA), followed by initial FW/SW update, follow up later with another FW/SW update, sometime later release the SDK so others can update their SW/add 3rd party app support. Hmm, wait, that also sounds like Autel with Nano/Lite along with other tech vendors/sw providers ;)

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Mai nou nu înseamnă tot timpul " mai bun". E diferență între "obsolete" și "planned obsolescence"

Newer hardware doesn't necessarily mean the drone is better.

I understand why spare parts wouldn't be manufactured anymore after the Evo 3 launches, but batteries need to be manufactured for a longer period of time.

Otherwise, you're just forced to buy the next drone in the series, just because you can't find any batteries on the market. This is the situation the Evo 1 owners are in, now. No one would give a **** if you'd be able to re-cell the batteries, but they're "smart".

Incremental upgrades are stupid, even for an Enterprise user, like you. Even if you get your money back with the money you use on your new drone, it's still stupid. It still counts as wasted money.

You should upgrade your fleet when you decide that your drones can no longer fulfil your and your customer's request. Not when the manufacturer decides to kill the previous series because they added a *slightly* bigger sensor or they did a design change.
Honestly I have a Yuneec typhoon Q500 my very first drone ever, I got it back in 2015, and I still have it today and it runs well, I've even crashed it more times than i can count repaired it myself a couple times and a couple times it was too bad for me to do the repairs and i sent it in to get repaired. Although I crash alot less now and I'm better at flying, That drone has really been a solid drone, I've 6 drones and 2 yuneecs and 2 dji's and 2 autels and by far the Autel Is the easiest to operate and funnest to fly, The Yuneec they get props for rugged sturdiness as Those drones really took a licking. DJI I like the drones i have they fly well, the camera is great, but it's not as fun to fly in my book, there is too many things, too many hurdles, too many irritating things you have to go through flying with them that in all honesty is more very distracting.. when you are flying and constantly get messages that flash up on your screen all the time, and you have to do something to clear the message, it's really distracting and if you ask me can cause just as much problems for you as they are intended to avoid. I have been flying for a while and i'm a better than when i first started with the Yuneec drone, but if i was a brand new inexperienced weekend drone guy out there, and starting off with a DJI. i would think all of those messages and warnings and cautions and all the constant messages that are flashed onto your screen would be very distracting.

Reactions: MikeReidPhotography

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg