Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro V2 :Firmware Upgrade V2.3.23 failure on two new drones

I realize that Autel firmware upgrade process can be a little clunky. Then I'm also thinking what are the odds that 3 units have failed to successfully upgrade? Before I left the workforce, quite a bit of time was spent pitching in at the IT help desk. I understand that keyboard troubleshooting can be challenging... which leads me to wonder (with no disrespect intended) whether the firmware upgrade sequence performed is lacking critical detail ? It's unfortunate that we don't have the benefit from a step-by-step recording of the upgrade being attempted. At least it would affirmatively rule out another possibility....or help refocus along another path the troubleshooting flow chart.
sd card, downloaded the right firmware file, placed it in the root and the power RC first and drone second. it fails immediately

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-13 a las 8.07.40 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-13 a las 8.07.40 p. m..png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
You know that you have to open the file “Model-c….” And will be 4 items that you have to copy those items to the sdcard. No the files.
I asked Autel and they said I need to copy the folder, what you are saying is I need to copy the individual files?

but yeah, I know there are 4 files inside :)

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-14 a las 8.06.30 a. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-14 a las 8.06.30 a. m..png
    405.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: edgardcafe
IT'S WORKING. I literally showed the screenshot of the folder to Autel asking the same question. disappointing that they couldn't think of something like this.

just so I am clear, I have another 2 batteries.

i am not formatting sd card and then copy the files again for each battery? correct?

once it's done for all three, I can insert a different sd card because the firmware is already in place?

Reactions: waltermitty
Let me know 👍
IT'S WORKING. I literally showed the screenshot of the folder to Autel asking the same question. disappointing that they couldn't think of something like this.

i am now formatting sd card and then copy the files again for each battery? correct?

once it's done for all three, I can insert a different sd card because the firmware is already in place?

i am now formatting sd card and then copy the files again for each battery? correct?

You got it ! Yes, you have to run the firmware for each battery then the second battery you will have to copy the files again as you did in the first battery because after the update the drone erase it. You don’t have to format each time, it is up to you. After that you are done, just make sure all the parts are updated, (I mean video/camera/battery/ ) look at the Autel website firmware table if all the parameters are updated. After each firmware update I usually do IMU calibration/ gimbal and compass.

Reactions: perryfromabove
You got it ! Yes, you have to run the firmware for each battery then the second battery you will have to copy the files again as you did in the first battery because after the update the drone erase it. You don’t have to format each time, it is up to you. After that you are done, just make sure all is updated, look at the Autel website firmware table if all the parameters are updated. After each firmware update I usually do IMU calibration/ gimbal and compass.
amazing thank you, you are a legend

NEVER MIND - so I did the upgrade it says reboot - when I do it disconnects and says upgrade failed

NEVER MIND - so I did the upgrade it says reboot - when I do it disconnects and says upgrade failed
I think it is failing as the new firmware is already there on the drone. You should not have to upgrade the Firmware for the drone to upgrade a battery firmware. Is it possible there is a separate file for batteries? In the new firmware zip folder is there a file for the battery

I think it is failing as the new firmware is already there on the drone. You should not have to upgrade the Firmware for the drone to upgrade a battery firmware. Is it possible there is a separate file for batteries?
I don’t think so. Just check on the settings if the battery is updated. If is updated, you are done.

Reactions: waltermitty

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58