Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro V2 :Firmware Upgrade V2.3.23 failure on two new drones

perryfromabove

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I previously have used evo2 pro v1 with no dramas and, bottom line, I know how to use it and update the firmware

I bought the v2 and it was failing to update the firmware.

I did it through the app on my apple device. After downloading it, I clicked on UPLOAD FIRMWARE and the RC magically disconnects from the drone.

Several attempts, nothing. I changed the cable, nothing. uninstalling the app etc and it would not work.
I also tried with android device and same story. tried the SD card and nothing (in this case it would say FAIL TO UPGRADE).

The story becomes interesting when, after obtaining a replacement, the new drone has exactly the same issue.

Now, I am in between doubting my intelligente and my luck in picking the wrong batch of drones.

Anyone had this experience before??

Attachments

• tempImagee41gL4.png
    tempImagee41gL4.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImagewt5KYm.png
    tempImagewt5KYm.png
    9 MB · Views: 12
Hi Guys,

I previously have used evo2 pro v1 with no dramas and, bottom line, I know how to use it and update the firmware

I bought the v2 and it was failing to update the firmware.

I did it through the app on my apple device. After downloading it, I clicked on UPLOAD FIRMWARE and the RC magically disconnects from the drone.

Several attempts, nothing. I changed the cable, nothing. uninstalling the app etc and it would not work.
I also tried with android device and same story. tried the SD card and nothing (in this case it would say FAIL TO UPGRADE).

The story becomes interesting when, after obtaining a replacement, the new drone has exactly the same issue.

Now, I am in between doubting my intelligente and my luck in picking the wrong batch of drones.

Anyone had this experience before??
I Have the Enterprise and also I have the standard controller. So, I had some issues updating with the standard controller like you are doing, then I formatted the sdcard on the drone ( I used my SC to formatted it). The soon I tried after formatting in the drone the update went through. Also I remember when I got this error on the standard controller, I left it with the screen with the error sitting without touching and after a while it got 100% fast and it back to error again.. was little weird.

yeah the weird thing is that I have tried to format from the drone the SD card.

but then it just fails to do manual upgrade.

This morning it randomly started downloading the firmware on the remote control's screen (I have standard RC) but it stayed 30 minutes on 2%.

I mean it's just weird. never had a problem with update via app with previous drone up until may this year.

Reactions: edgardcafe
yeah the weird thing is that I have tried to format from the drone the SD card.

but then it just fails to do manual upgrade.

This morning it randomly started downloading the firmware on the remote control's screen (I have standard RC) but it stayed 30 minutes on 2%.

I mean it's just weird. never had a problem with update via app with previous drone up until may this year.
I had the exactly same problem with my drone on Last Saturday when I was updating (standard controller) it took forever and never passed 30%. I tried several times erased the sdcard and downloaded the firmware and then it passed. I guess I spent more than 2 hours trying to update. Yesterday, I flew my drone with the new update with the SC.. I had some issues when I was doing orbit, the controller suddenly frozen, and I had to turned it off and on while the drone was in the air. The connection was little weird, it showed full bars all the time but got disconnected… I’m not happy with it. I’m going to tried again tomorrow and if it still having issues, I’ll have to downgrade to the previous version which just the histogram wasn’t working but I will be safe flying with it.

Reactions: perryfromabove
I had the exactly same problem with my drone on Last Saturday when I was updating (standard controller) it took forever and never passed 30%. I tried several times erased the sdcard and downloaded the firmware and then it passed. I guess I spent more than 2 hours trying to update. Yesterday, I flew my drone with the new update with the SC.. I had some issues when I was doing orbit, the controller suddenly frozen, and I had to turned it off and on while the drone was in the air. The connection was little weird, it showed full bars all the time but got disconnected… I’m not happy with it. I’m going to tried again tomorrow and if it still having issues, I’ll have to downgrade to the previous version which just the histogram wasn’t working but I will be safe flying with it.
i was just thinking - I might not even update the drone.

is it really that dangerous? because this update is really complex.
before I always did it via app and it was taking maybe 20 minutes and that was it.

i was just thinking - I might not even update the drone.

is it really that dangerous? because this update is really complex.
before I always did it via app and it was taking maybe 20 minutes and that was it.
To be honest, this was my first time that it was complicated with the standard controller. I also had to do it with my SC and I did over the air (OTA) with no issues although I’m positive that it still has bugs to fix. Anyway, I’m thinking to buy the Mavic 3 and if I like it very much, I’ll sell my enterprise because every time that Autel releases a new firmware, there is a new issues. They fix some and release new ones 🙄🙄

To be honest, this was my first time that it was complicated with the standard controller. I also had to do it with my SC and I did over the air (OTA) with no issues although I’m positive that it still has bugs to fix. Anyway, I’m thinking to buy the Mavic 3 and if I like it very much, I’ll sell my enterprise because every time that Autel releases a new firmware, there is a new issues. They fix some and release new ones 🙄🙄
I would do the same but I still have 2 batteries from v1 and filters so I am just thinking if it's worth shifting to DJI.

Picture quality is better with Evo and geofencing too

a friend of mine has the DJI Mavic 3 and he used to have Evo 2 pro. he still thinks evo is better

a friend of mine has the DJI Mavic 3 and he used to have Evo 2 pro. he still thinks evo is better
I used to have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Evo 2 Pro v1. I sold the Mavic2 Z and kept the Evo 2P which I had an amazing time with. Then when Autel released the Enterprise with SC, I bought it and sold my Evo 2Pv1. V2 still having a lot of issues. I don’t understand why ?!! I guess they don’t test the firmware before releasing it.

I used to have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Evo 2 Pro v1. I sold the Mavic2 Z and kept the Evo 2P which I had an amazing time with. Then when Autel released the Enterprise with SC, I bought it and sold my Evo 2Pv1. V2 still having a lot of issues. I don’t understand why ?!! I guess they don’t test the firmware before releasing it.
That can be an issue if the drone falls out of the air and hurts someone. I wish they would answer the phone to start!

Last edited:
Reactions: ethelsnakes
Got my third one and it's charging so we'll see. the reseller was in touch with Autel and interestingly they said the drone should be updated and sometimes the App tells to update even tho it's not necessary. problem is, you fly without clicking on UPDATE and you don't know whether you are on the right firmware version. Hence, if it falls from the sky, it's literally up yours.

we'll see

Got my third one and it's charging so we'll see. the reseller was in touch with Autel and interestingly they said the drone should be updated and sometimes the App tells to update even tho it's not necessary. problem is, you fly without clicking on UPDATE and you don't know whether you are on the right firmware version. Hence, if it falls from the sky, it's literally up yours.

we'll see
While Autel is very short on documentation across the board, you can see if your firmware is current by checking the Firmware Table on their website and compare that to what is on your drone. That is what it's for.

Reactions: ethelsnakes

we'll see
I hope that you wont have more issues with your drone. Tonight I tested a full the new firmware version and got some issues 🙄with the camera/video settings. I made a short video with my cell while the drone was in the air.
I guess I need to downgrade it 🙄 OmG instead of having a new firmware with all issues resolved, we have more new issues. I don’t get it 😠

While Autel is very short on documentation across the board, you can see if your firmware is current by checking the Firmware Table on their website and compare that to what is on your drone. That is what it's for.

that's the point - if the app tells you the wrong information, this table is useless.

and I have seen it and compared it. again tho, if the app tells you the wrong thing then no much really

I got the third drone, new firmware message pops up and I decided to update it via SD card - copy and paste the folder with 4 files inside to the root directory. failed instantly.

3/3 I think it's up to date and the app is playing games to be honest

I realize that Autel firmware upgrade process can be a little clunky. Then I'm also thinking what are the odds that 3 units have failed to successfully upgrade? Before I left the workforce, quite a bit of time was spent pitching in at the IT help desk. I understand that keyboard troubleshooting can be challenging... which leads me to wonder (with no disrespect intended) whether the firmware upgrade sequence performed is lacking critical detail ? It's unfortunate that we don't have the benefit from a step-by-step recording of the upgrade being attempted. At least it would affirmatively rule out another possibility....or help refocus along another path on the troubleshooting flow chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: perryfromabove
I got the third drone, new firmware message pops up and I decided to update it via SD card - copy and paste the folder with 4 files inside to the root directory. failed instantly.

3/3 I think it's up to date and the app is playing games to be honest
Can you roll back the firmware to a previous version by the same method of using an SD Card? Forgive me if that is what you are doing, I am having a similar issue straight out of the box and I am overly frustrated!

this is how it appears in my computer - Autel says it's supposed to be like this. I insert it, power remote first, then drone and it fails straight up.

in relation to 3/3 drones, I mean, if I didn't have another one of evo2 pro I would say I am doing something wrong.'

howeverr, I am following instructions to the letter.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-13 a las 8.07.40 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-13 a las 8.07.40 p. m..png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t