Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware V. 2.4.35 Crisis!

ply17410

Reaction score
Brand new EVO Pro V2 from Autel USA, charged batteries and commenced on the new firmware update.

Using an iPad, un-installed previous Autel Explorer App and installed the new V2 one. I was at home on rock solid wifi so in a few minutes a notification appeared on the iPad app that new firmware was available. Selected to update ... took about 20 minutes while status bar for transfer of the firmware to the aircraft proceeded. At 100% the app showed a message that "firmware had been downloaded to the aircraft and further status would appear on the controller" (standard OLED controller).

Within a few seconds the controller went from its usual telemetry display to a firmware update with status bar and estimate of 3 minutes to completion. I left the room and came back about 10 minutes later to find the controller display showing a BIG Autel logo and nothing else. No connection status, nothing.

I left it sit for a few minutes while the aircraft lights slowly blinked (simultaneously) red/yellow being on for about 7 seconds then off for 7 seconds then back on and so forth.

Since the controller showed no connection status or upgrade status, I decided to turn it off while the aircraft continued to slowly blink. Power back on of the controller, got the normal startup buzz and display goes to the normal 'connecting' and that's it. Won't connect. Controller shows RC Ver 4.0.0.22 which is correct for the new release.

Since the aircraft was still doing the very slow simultaneous light flash I powered it OFF and ON and got the gimbal startup routine but NO startup chime and lights just continue to alternate in the same slow pattern.

I've tried re-pairing that did not help.

Waiting on Autel support for advice. Short video HERE

UPDATE: Tried download to microSD and manual update and now controller shows "Failed to Update" message. I don't know how to proceed with the "force to upgrade next time". Tried power off/on same message.

DSC_7597.JPG

Bob H

Last edited:
UPDATE: Re-did the upgrade via download to microSD card and it completed after going through the process twice.

All component firmware versions agree with V2.4.35 documentation.

BUT NOW -- Startup gives "Gimbal Not Ready" and "Compass Abnormality" messages on the controller.

Will attempt a gimbal and compass calibration next. Stay tuned.

Reactions: EBEPLS
UPDATE

Compass calibration successfully. No more “abnormality“ errors.

Gimbal goes to “ready to fly” in about 10 seconds Or less. I think I may have just been impatient since my EVO 1 was pretty much instant on and ready to fly.

Using an iPad, un-installed previous Autel Explorer App and installed the new V2 one.

What do you mean? I only see one Explorer app in the App Store, and it appears to be the same one that I've already got installed.

I was providing background ... Previously I had an EVO I. Thus I had the "old" version of Autel Explorer installed on my iPad.

I removed it and installed the new one for the V2 firmware per the instructions Autel has published.

There was only one version of Explorer in the App store, previously- it was for both V1 and V2 units. Apparently the new version 2 software doesn't show up when I search the app store- I found it through the QR code with Autel's instructions, though.

There was only one version of Explorer in the App store, previously- it was for both V1 and V2 units. Apparently the new version 2 software doesn't show up when I search the app store- I found it through the QR code with Autel's instructions, though.
Yup its pathetic. I had to download the V2 app from the Autel Robotics website Autel have several websites and very confusing), remove the older V1 app and install the new one. Works fine with my EVO II Pro V2 so far.

Reactions: ply17410

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy