Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

E2P drops like a rock, regardless of EXP setting

Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while on the boards, and usually can find what I need via search function. However, I haven't found this particular topic just yet, so I figure it's a good time to make a first post.

Using the Autel Explorer app, I've been able to dial in the EXP settings for smooth flight controls to my liking. However, the down-stick seems to not give any F's about whatever I've set the EXP to for that command. I touch the stick, the bird begins dropping quite quickly.

Anyone else here experience this before? If so, did you find a fix? Perhaps I should reach out to Autel directly?

Mahalo in advance!

J

Reactions: PingSpike
Hi,

Down-stick only? How about up-stick, does it sky rocket? I would start from remote controller calibration.

If it doesn't help, and EXP for Throttle is around neutral setting (~0.45), then check how it looks like in flight log: if minimum input on the stick is shown as maximum value in the reply then indeed there might be hardware issue.

Another hint: change controller's command stick mode from 2 to 3: the role of left and right stick will be swapped - left stick-down will change to 'move backwards' command, in this way you can confirm (or exclude hopefully) hardware fault.
1600718760262.png

Have you tried doing the Controller Stick Calibration... ? I had to send my controller back as it did a similar thing but definitely a hardware problem with the stick up down control, you could eventually also feel the down stick being a bit notchy, replaced controller FOC. But do a calibration first if not already done...

Recalibrated today, I'll give it a test flight tomorrow. Been so busy working lately, using the drone, that I haven't had the time to really delve into the fix for this. I also noticed the bird dog-tracks a little (yaw off-center, full stick forward, bird drifts to the right). I'll report back after the weekend.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain