Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Very Frustrated!!

jajo2369

Reaction score
So I sent my Evo in for repair on March 6th and just received it back today. As you can imagine I've been without my drone so I'm super excited about getting in the air. As I'm unpacking the controller I noticed that the left command stick was not centered. I take it out of the box and the stick is completely loose. I called customer support and was told its possible that it happened during shipping. The way in which its protected by the foam inserts I find that hard to believe. If that were so then I question the quality of the controller. Then again why would they send me back a broken controller. I've contacted customer support and patiently waiting for a resolution.

IMG_2088.jpgIMG_2085.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: butch
There is something ! Packed in the mouse, it should not move. It looks like the stick is not fixed in the radio.

Update: Just got off the phone with Alejandro at customer support. I asked for an update as to what they are going to do about my controller that was in perfectly good condition when I sent my drone in for repairs and now is broken. He told me that due to the increased volume of calls because people are at home due to Covid-19, they don't have an answer for me at this time. Frankly, I don't give two sh..s about covid-19 and the excuses behind it. I wouldn't be this upset except for the fact that my controller like I said was not broken when I sent it in.

Wow is that the only response he gave you? Nothing about a exchange for a good one? Did he give you a time frame when your problem might get resolved? This does not sound like a typical response from Autel this is why I am asking these questions.

I'm with you that it is not the norm with them. To answer your questions it's a no to all of the above. I mean I get that we are experiencing challenging times but send me another controller and I'll mail the broken back.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I still don't understand what the virus has to do with your controller. If it broke during shipping, all he has to do is send you a RMA, send it back.

He said and I quote, " We are all working from home so it's not like I can just walk down the hall." I mean if you can't work remotely then why work at all.

I guess he should have explained it a little better but I think what he meant was even if he sent you a RMA number there would be no one there to receive it or do the exchange. Just my guess but they are probably in total lock down and not essential service.

I followed instructions on here for taking the controller apart to modify the antennas. The command sticks are held in place by what looks like plastic pins inserted into holes. All four pins were broken off on the left stick. A small dab of super glue at all four points and good as new. Tested and everything works perfectly.

These are struggling times we are in. I understand your frustration but people are doing what they can now! It's hard to get food here no money I'm not complaining about much just trying to survive good luck it might take some time but I bet they fix it for you good luck!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo