Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone illegally flew over Fenway Park during Red Sox game

I used to get many of those when I was a little kid. I was a bump enducing machine.
When my XSP was little, it was trying to learn how to land when it flipped over and landed on it's head; leaving that big knot behind. Its always had a fear for heights as well. So it always starts shaking a little before take off.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
You still have that option. Getting caught has nothing to with flying in a restricted zone. Look up what the fine could be if you are dumb enough to try and fly over a stadium.
Flying drones in and around stadiums is prohibited starting one hour before and ending one hour after the scheduled time of any of the following events:

• Major League Baseball
  • National Football League
  • NCAA Division One Football
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup, Indy Car, and Champ Series races
Specifically, UAS operations are prohibited within a radius of three nautical miles of the stadium or venue.

So you can fly just not when there is a game. Better if you got permission if you want to get close. :)

Unfortunately no one will get the max if they get caught but it sure would make others think twice :)

Flying a drone over a stadium could result in criminal fines up to $250,000 and up to three years in prison, according to the FAA.

Probably has more to do with licensing rights then safety... Like this incident.
Fast Forward to :45 to see how to deal with drones posing safety issues...lol.

Reactions: Madhungarian
"Whoever flew this drone over the stadium apparently overrode our geofencing system and deliberately violated the FAA temporary flight restriction in place over the game. DJI’s AeroScope system can remotely identify and monitor airborne DJI drones in areas where it has been installed, and this incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible.” .....

Doesn't the X-Star have a white shell too?

Some of them are white but I believe the orange one is way more popular and abundant.

The kind of wanna-be pilots that run it for the rest of the good guys. Arrrrggghhh !:oops:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials