Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone illegally flew over Fenway Park during Red Sox game

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Last night a drone illegally flew over Fenway Park during a Red Sox-Blue Jays game. According to Boston Police, the drone was first spotted around 9:30 pm and was last seen around 10:20 pm. The Red Sox said that they have reported the incident to the Police. Both the police and the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) are looking into the situation. Flying drones over crowds or over a packed stadium are against the FAA’s regulations. DJI issued a statement on the drone incident as well.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
A lot of them can be jailbroken\hacked. I think we have a member on here who works for the company that does just that.

LOL whats that got to do with the story. It was a DJI phantom
The key is not to get caught right? The lights give you away. Black electrical tape works well. :) You used to have the option to turn off the front lights because of the light it messes up the camera/image.

Last edited:
You still have that option. Getting caught has nothing to with flying in a restricted zone. Look up what the fine could be if you are dumb enough to try and fly over a stadium.

Last edited:
"Whoever flew this drone over the stadium apparently overrode our geofencing system and deliberately violated the FAA temporary flight restriction in place over the game. DJI’s AeroScope system can remotely identify and monitor airborne DJI drones in areas where it has been installed, and this incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible.” .....

Doesn't the X-Star have a white shell too?

"Whoever flew this drone over the stadium apparently overrode our geofencing system and deliberately violated the FAA temporary flight restriction in place over the game. DJI’s AeroScope system can remotely identify and monitor airborne DJI drones in areas where it has been installed, and this incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible.” .....

Doesn't the X-Star have a white shell too?
WiFi one does for sure

Reactions: UnRanged
And this is why I keep my drones 100% legal and within regulations. I fly trying to comply with all the rules. I don't need to be in anyones radar.

Reactions: Tufargon
And this is why I keep my drones 100% legal and within regulations. I fly trying to comply with all the rules. I don't need to be in anyones radar.

I just put my EVO up for sale for that reason. New hospital with a helipad right next door, an AFB that just changed their flight path so the helos are coming in at well below 500 and more like 200 from 2 and 3 miles out... And supposedly they've already had people flying drones around their helipad since they opened... Now they have a big no-no zone right on top of me... Who's door they going to knock on? The guy they don't know about or the guy they do? Figure I'll buy another one when I move or get my 107. Until then... I don't need the scrutiny over what some idiot does.

I would like to see verifiable data/evidence of the AGL, position of UAV(was it hovering over people or a covered structure, did it pose a real or perceived threat.
The fact that flying near a stadium poses a real and substantial harm should not be an arbitrary FAA regulation because a Philadelphia Attorney can argue differently.

I just put my EVO up for sale for that reason. New hospital with a helipad right next door, an AFB that just changed their flight path so the helos are coming in at well below 500 and more like 200 from 2 and 3 miles out... And supposedly they've already had people flying drones around their helipad since they opened... Now they have a big no-no zone right on top of me... Who's door they going to knock on? The guy they don't know about or the guy they do? Figure I'll buy another one when I move or get my 107. Until then... I don't need the scrutiny over what some idiot does.
You don't need to sell it. Just fly somewhere else. I hear Genesee love drone enthusiasts!

Reactions: UnRanged
You don't need to sell it. Just fly somewhere else. I hear Genesee love drone enthusiasts!

I'll get another one after I move. But right now 90% of everything I do is right here in this area. And I ain't taking any chances, so no reason to have that scrutiny or temptation... Or to let the poor little EVO sit in a dark box. And they want $75 at my State Park to fly... Maybe I'll buy a metal detector and go find gold rings there instead...

I'll get another one after I move. But right now 90% of everything I do is right here in this area. And I ain't taking any chances, so no reason to have that scrutiny or temptation... Or to let the poor little EVO sit in a dark box. And they want $75 at my State Park to fly... Maybe I'll buy a metal detector and go find gold rings there instead...
Those aren't allowed in state parks.

You can hang it from the ceiling and get a model plane and make them look like they are having a dog fight.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays