Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does it make sense to buy EVO lite + in 2023

ppina

Reaction score
Two years ago I switched from my DJI Phantom 4 Pro to an Autel Lite+ . Last month on my vacation the drone disappeared. Does it make sense in 2023 to buy a Lite+ when there is the DJI Air 3 at the same price?

For me, DJI is still a long way from Autel in terms of consumer drones

Reactions: ethelsnakes
I have both, the Air 3 and the Evo Lite Plus. They both go with me on every job. The reasons are they do different things. The Air 3 has cruise control and waypoints for planned flying. The Evo Lite + has a 1-inch sensor and no geofencing. I still have the Phantom 4 Pro v2 for flying Litchi waypoint missions and the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Reactions: Lepi
I have both, the Air 3 and the Evo Lite Plus. They both go with me on every job. The reasons are they do different things. The Air 3 has cruise control and waypoints for planned flying. The Evo Lite + has a 1-inch sensor and no geofencing. I still have the Phantom 4 Pro v2 for flying Litchi waypoint missions and the Mavic 2 Zoom.
But is the better image quality of the Autel Evo Lite+ notable?

Two years ago I switched from my DJI Phantom 4 Pro to an Autel Lite+ . Last month on my vacation the drone disappeared. Does it make sense in 2023 to buy a Lite+ when there is the DJI Air 3 at the same price?

For me, DJI is still a long way from Autel in terms of consumer drones
Disappeared ? Did it fly away from lost link or stolen , etc. ?

To me each has it advantages and disadvantages, DJI has the better customer support in terms of repairing the drone, parts and the like. The disadvantages are Geo-fencing, must log in to your account frequently or you cannot fly your drone at all or very very short distances. I was reading about many people on the DJI forum where they have not logged into there a account for more than one month took there drone out to fly where no wifi was available for scenic video and photography and the drone would not fly more than several meters away and some not at all, plus you can forget privacy DJI knows every inch you fly and where you are at.
As too Geo fencing so long as you live in G airspace your pretty much good to go, in controlled airspace thats a different story, DJI in some instances can overrule FAA LAANC in that LAANC has to be input to DJI before they will clear your drone to fly. Air 3 looks like a fantastic drone yet 2 batteries and screen controller are $1,549.00 plus tax, basic package $1,099 plus change-one battery. If you don't mind ,geo-fencing, and privacy concerns Air 3 is the better one. Extra battery $160.

Autel no Geo-Fencing, yet they are getting out the consumer drones to sell more expensive drones, Autel Lite plus $1,000 plus you get 2 to 4 batteries depending on where you buy with lens, bag, etc. As too repairs Autel will repair until no more parts available for the Lite Plus.

Check that News Flash:

Costco right now $799 thru 12/4 Evo lite plus with 4 batteries

https://www.costco.com/autel-roboti...ios-compatible-orange.product.4000110566.html

I'd say now get the Autel Evo Lite Plus.

Cheers
3Fees

Trust and Part 107 Certified Pilot

The biggest advantage for the Lite +, even more than the 1" sensor and no geofencing (in my opinion), is the variable aperture. To get that in a DJI, you need at least a Mavic 3 Classic.

Variable aperture is a must for serious photography and is even more important for videography.

I'm tempted to get a 2nd Lite + with that Costco deal. Amazing value.

There are two factors important in video and pictures with one being the most important, the two factors are the Camera Sensor and the Camera Image Processor (got this from photographer online), the Camera Image Processor being the most important(Me, myself, and I), Agreed great value if all goes well.

Cheers
3Fees

Last edited:
Disappeared ? Did it fly away from lost link or stolen , etc. ?

To me each has it advantages and disadvantages, DJI has the better customer support in terms of repairing the drone, parts and the like. The disadvantages are Geo-fencing, must log in to your account frequently or you cannot fly your drone at all or very very short distances. I was reading about many people on the DJI forum where they have not logged into there a account for more than one month took there drone out to fly where no wifi was available for scenic video and photography and the drone would not fly more than several meters away and some not at all, plus you can forget privacy DJI knows every inch you fly and where you are at.
As too Geo fencing so long as you live in G airspace your pretty much good to go, in controlled airspace thats a different story, DJI in some instances can overrule FAA LAANC in that LAANC has to be input to DJI before they will clear your drone to fly. Air 3 looks like a fantastic drone yet 2 batteries and screen controller are $1,549.00 plus tax, basic package $1,099 plus change-one battery. If you don't mind ,geo-fencing, and privacy concerns Air 3 is the better one. Extra battery $160.

Autel no Geo-Fencing, yet they are getting out the consumer drones to sell more expensive drones, Autel Lite plus $1,000 plus you get 2 to 4 batteries depending on where you buy with lens, bag, etc. As too repairs Autel will repair until no more parts available for the Lite Plus.

Check that News Flash:

Costco right now $799 thru 12/4 Evo lite plus with 4 batteries

https://www.costco.com/autel-roboti...ios-compatible-orange.product.4000110566.html

I'd say now get the Autel Evo Lite Plus.

Cheers
3Fees

Trust and Part 107 Certified Pilot
fly away

Did you trace where it was in flight logs and look for it ? What do think as why it flew away ? Did you send your flight logs to Autel support ? , maybe they will work with you on it.

Cheers
3Fees

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo