Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does anyone have an Opinion on the rumored 4/3 (1.333) inch Evo3 Pro sensor Versus the Evo3 Supersense 1.4 inch sensor.

quinn karter

Reaction score
Any ideas on how well the 1.4 inch sensor will work compared to the 1.333 inch sensor? I wonder how autel will utilize the 1.4 inch sensor over and above the 1.333 sensor. I also wonder how much more the 1.4 inch Supersense will cost.

Nice find. These tests aren't comprehensive and only cover a few types of scenes, but to my eyes the Evo 2 looks like the winner in this particular case. The reds are muted in the Mavic shots which really detracts from sunrise and sunsets, which is typically the case with DJI color profiles from what I've seen. Really impressive to see it holding its own so well against a new, flagship drone.

For example...You can do with HDR profile amazing things, as is boosting the light nice...
The settings were 4K HDR profile, none (not LOG), ISO 1600, -1 -2 0 (Sharp/Contrast/Sat), with a small edit in order to lower the shadows.
The environment was very dark as this part of city have only deco-lights with small LEDs on street in "old age" lamps, in order to mimic the light from candles.

Quinn Carter, the diagonal of a 4/3 camera is not 1.333" It's 21mm, sub 1".Diagonal is even less than 21mm when the 4:3 sensor is cropped for 16:9 video aspect. The currently-available Evo Pro 6K 1" sensor isn't actually 1", for that matter. It has a diagonal of 16mm but the video crop isn't as severe because the sensor starts at a native 3:2 aspect. I see the Pro 6K holding up admirably in fair comparisons. That it can suggests image quality these days has as much to do with the circuit readout, design (implementation), and processing applied to the image as it does small incremental improvements to sensor area

I would stick with the known good sensor sizes like 1", MFT, or even APS-C if they decide to go that route. I personally think the MFT is the bees knees for the prosumer class fixed camera drones and even the swappable lens pro drones.

Admittedly I don't have the resources to test all the possibilities though.

Any ideas on how well the 1.4 inch sensor will work compared to the 1.333 inch sensor? I wonder how autel will utilize the 1.4 inch sensor over and above the 1.333 sensor. I also wonder how much more the 1.4 inch Supersense will cost.
First they have to paper announce it,then with a little luck meaning the drone ,customers will
have it a half year later.I would not hold my breath on anything Autel does.

Nice find. These tests aren't comprehensive and only cover a few types of scenes, but to my eyes the Evo 2 looks like the winner in this particular case. The reds are muted in the Mavic shots which really detracts from sunrise and sunsets, which is typically the case with DJI color profiles from what I've seen. Really impressive to see it holding its own so well against a new, flagship drone.
This is probably only one youtube clip.Sure the Evo 2 looks good but the mavic 3 looks better in most of
the other comparison tests.There is nothing wrong with the DJI color profiles or your eyesight is different than mine.
The Evo 2 is already outdated technology.

This is probably only one youtube clip.Sure the Evo 2 looks good but the mavic 3 looks better in most of
the other comparison tests.There is nothing wrong with the DJI color profiles or your eyesight is different than mine.
The Evo 2 is already outdated technology.
You might want to take a look at this comparison between an E2P and M3. The E2P is still very much a contender in this prosumer class.

Reactions: kccumm

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo