Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Front sensor replacement?

Tobimashou

Reaction score
"Front-view sensor abnormal, please try to reboot the aircraft" error shows up in Explorer and NEVER goes away. As a result, none of the features/functions that require Object Avoidance work. Obviously that's unsatisfactory.

After rebooting many times, I've tried everything I can think of to get it to go away including:
1. Ran OA Calibration software - shows all sensors calibrated properly and "No calibration needed."
2. Installed and rebooted latest firmware: v 2.7.35
3. Calibrated IMU
4. Calibrated Compass - I know it's not really related but figured it couldn't hurt.
5. Calibrated Gimbal - I know it's not really related but figured it couldn't hurt.
6. Chanted, did mystical dancing, and waved a talisman over it. - Hey, why not?

Anyone replaced the front sensor? I found the part online for about $80 so I think I might change it myself. Also found a YouTube video on how to replace it which makes it look relatively easy. Is it? If anyone has replaced theirs and they STILL get the error message, what resolved the problem? I also submitted a return form directly to Autel service in order to get an estimate knowing that I can also have them do a complete evaluation of everything.

Background: I bought the Evo II pro 6k used last week for a very good price considering 4 batteries, rugged case, filters, etc. However, the seller reported that he had crashed it and broken the gimbal/camera. The camera/gimbal was broken in two pieces and Autel Service verified more expensive to repair than replace. I bought a replacement 8k gimbal/camera due to lower cost and one being available locally on the same day. (Nick actually delivered it, installed it, and test flew the drone before I bought it. We didn't try any OA maneuvers.) In manual mode with OA off, it flies perfectly, camera & RC work perfectly, etc. It's just the front sensor problem AFAIK.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Attachments

• EVO II controller Screenshot_20220528-124108.png
    EVO II controller Screenshot_20220528-124108.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 15
QC Guy seems to have done it.

Thanks! That's the video I found, too. Seems straight forward enough. The online parts place is sold out so tomorrow I'll call Autel HQ and see if they have any in stock. It's 1/2 block from where I used to work so I'm hoping I can pick up parts there instead of waiting (and paying for) shipping.

did you solve this problem?
I had Autel replace it. They charge less for parts than any third party, and labor was $60/hr. Knowing they'd spend a LOT less time on it than I would, I think it worked out fine. Several other parts and pieces needed to be replaced, but at least I know that all was fixed correctly and not spending even more time and money chasing after things I wouldn't have even known had issues.

Reactions: ivolin

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d