Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crystal Sky experience?

Robertholland

Reaction score
Don't see much general input re Crystal Sky use with Autel in the forum. I'm using the Evo 2 Pro and looking at the CS 7.85 for easier visibility in bright light. My iPhone 11 is sharp but
still tough in bright sun. Was planning on a larger table but assume visibility in sun still an issue. Any input re how much better the visibility is - and whether there are real issues using
with Autel appreciated. Mapping not impt to me. Thanks in advance.

no issue with using the cs 5.5 high brightness. I'm finding the visibility more than sufficient in daylight when compared to my iPhone. I also have a 2200nit monitor but it is overkill so I'm glad I didn't spring for the ultra-high cs. in fact, I bought a refurb so it was "cheap."

no issues with always installing the latest explorer, monitor seems to be able to run without a battery when connected to the rc using usb-c and aside from the pesky google play store popup that I get because my install stopped working; never going back to a phone. being able to see in daylight is a whole new experience, you would be shocked to discover what a difference it makes.

using a sky fire mount with attachments.

no issue with using the cs 5.5 high brightness. I'm finding the visibility more than sufficient in daylight when compared to my iPhone. I also have a 2200nit monitor but it is overkill so I'm glad I didn't spring for the ultra-high cs. in fact, I bought a refurb so it was "cheap."

no issues with always installing the latest explorer, monitor seems to be able to run without a battery when connected to the rc using usb-c and aside from the pesky google play store popup that I get because my install stopped working; never going back to a phone. being able to see in daylight is a whole new experience, you would be shocked to discover what a difference it makes.

Thanks very much! I'll check the sky mount - don't know it

Tripletek T7121 and never look back, I love it! No issues with Autel whatsoever

I've heard a lot of good things about the Tripletek but unfortunately I don't think it was available when I was buying. If you need a tablet and you need rugged, it might be the best choice. CS is old technology but it's still pretty good. What Autel really needs is a good smart controller.

Reactions: UasDriver
I've heard a lot of good things about the Tripletek but unfortunately I don't think it was available when I was buying. If you need a tablet and you need rugged, it might be the best choice. CS is old technology but it's still pretty good. What Autel really needs is a good smart controller.
I hear ya, just what I got, and in South Florida almost anything overheats and this is the only choice I found. Be well

Question for you pertaining to the CS
I just got one for my EVO II Pro.
Everything seams to be working ok BUT
I'm experiencing video lag big time.
I've tried different cables, with no charge.
If I reboot the CS it seems to go away for a short while but returns.
Experienced this or suggestions?

When did you order the tripletek, versions prior to November have the old version software and that will cure it - Call Tripletek however as when you update it the unit must be off - YES OFF or the update wouldn't take. They are very helpful folks.

When did you order the tripletek, versions prior to November have the old version software and that will cure it - Call Tripletek however as when you update it the unit must be off - YES OFF or the update wouldn't take. They are very helpful folks.
??My post was pertaining to the CrystalSky??

Reactions: PingSpike
We have many customers who really enjoy the CrystalSky setup.
Don't see much general input re Crystal Sky use with Autel in the forum. I'm using the Evo 2 Pro and looking at the CS 7.85 for easier visibility in bright light. My iPhone 11 is sharp but
still tough in bright sun. Was planning on a larger table but assume visibility in sun still an issue. Any input re how much better the visibility is - and whether there are real issues using
Our customers have had a lot of success with the CrystalSky set-up. Be sure to get a durable controller mount to hold the weight of the CS, like the Lifthor Mjølnir with the Lithor Utility Mount.

no issue with video lagging on my cs; none that I've noticed. I just updated to the latest app but haven't yet tried it in the field so next time I fly, I'll check. yes, I've had to try a few different cables to manage the disconnects but maybe you can connect with different ports since the setup will work with either usb-c or micro-usb.

Reactions: Robertholland
Thanks - appreciate it. Looks like the Tripletek T7121 tablet is not an item you handle?
Not currently, but coincidentally we have been scoping out the specs the past week to see if it’s a worthy add to our offering. We’ve had a lot of requests for information on the Tripletek.

Reactions: Robertholland
I use the Crystalsky with out any problems

Ok i just got a crystalsky i bought it off the classified here and should be here next week one thing its already set up for my Autel 2 pro 6k the only thing i dont no is what happens when Autel has a new upgrade can i just let it load just like i would do with my phone any one help with that question Thanks Tom

You cannot access the google play store from a Crystalsky Monitor. You need to sideload the app from APK Pure

You must sideload updates as they are available. There is always a slight delay from when the upgrade is published and the available version on apkpure.com appears. It has worked for me and is a minor inconvenience.

Reactions: DaveMH

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo