Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crystalsky with EVO 2

FINALLY, I got Autel Explorer installed in the CS and everything is working as it should. Now to get the maps installed. Gonna fly this thing tomorrow morning for the first time. I can not wait.

If anyone is looking for a 5.5” CS, I have one for sale along with the Evo 2 mounting bracket, charger & cable. PM me. SOLD!

Last edited:
I got my Crystal Sky today and spent a couple of hours following the video in this thread.

I made sure not to update the CS firmware since I read it locks out google services.

My first USB cable didn't work at all - the controller wouldn't see the app. The second cable connected, but I would lose connection every couple of minutes. The third cable was the winner, staying connected and gave me the faith to go for a test flight.

It is all a success with one minor caveat - "Google services has quit" or whatever would pop up occasionally. I would dismiss it and carry on. There didn't seem to be an effect. It seems (so far) that every time I connect the CS to the remote, I have to go into settings and toggle the location services off and back on. I'll continue to investigate this.

All that's left is waiting on the LiftThor bracket.

Bright as hell outside. Inside it's too bright to see.
IMG_2690.jpeg

Google maps show up fine.
IMG_2691 2.jpeg

I cruised over to the DJI thread about the CS and the new Mavic Air 2. They are not compatible and the DJI guys are pissed.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike
All that's left is waiting on the LiftThor bracket.

And for you to change the screen resolution ;)

Install an app called SecondScreen, it allows you to change the resolution to stop all the text being bunched up on your screen like that.

I've posted some ideal settings for it on this forum somewhere ?

Reactions: drrags
I've combined the DJI quick release adaptor (as I still need to use the CS with my DJI droens) with my FlyHighUSA alloy plate, then combined them both with the LifThor Mjolnir.

The end result being a quick release mount, on a quick release mount.

65014362-4584-48EC-B4C6-36B2793E4103.jpeg
61A11113-AD0D-4141-A8CF-B3A1335637BE.jpeg2F00BDDB-ED3D-44BC-91D0-DB277C5B6CB8.jpeg78304026-0E6A-41F3-AAC9-F84C92B2E196.jpeg84EB244E-0C84-4080-AA07-384EDA59429E.jpegA82707E7-E1DD-4893-9F61-ECBD5392BF25.jpeg588D5E08-F7B9-4DEC-9EBD-7801F099C697.jpeg

Attachments

• D33758D2-5B23-4489-B027-08758B2B26C4.jpeg
    D33758D2-5B23-4489-B027-08758B2B26C4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
Very nice setup! If the LifThor had the device mount in FRONT of the Evo RC, I would buy it in a minute. I think it would be more balanced that way.

It's on a lanyard, so no heavier than it's been for the last few years on a DJI controller ?‍♂️

I think it would be more balanced that way.

I tried the lanyard connected to the LifThor anchor point but the balance was indeed off.

Connecting the lanyard to the DJI anchor point above balances it perfectly ?

Reactions: Quad808
I have an issue with my CS monitor and Evo Pro 2. I have installed the app "explorer" and it opens when I start the remote. I see the apps green water and dolphin... happy. Then when I fire up the drone, it wont connect. No still image transmission at all. If I pop my phone into the remote... no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
@sisterpixel sounds like you're not being prompted which app you want to access the USB port when you connect the Autel controller?

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 20.59.19.png

If you're not seeing this menu each time, then go to the CS device settings.

Click on Settings > Apps >

Then on the top right, click “ALL”:

Find GO4, and check the Launch By Default value, and clear it if needed:

9fb91b4582769175428ea3f622f31063e760f19f_2_666x500.png

Also, just confirm you're using a USB-A to USB-C cable, and not a Micro-USB cable?

@sisterpixel sounds like you're not being prompted which app you want to access the USB port when you connect the Autel controller?

View attachment 8365

If you're not seeing this menu each time, then go to the CS device settings.

Click on Settings > Apps >

Then on the top right, click “ALL”:

Find GO4, and check the Launch By Default value, and clear it if needed:

9fb91b4582769175428ea3f622f31063e760f19f_2_666x500.png

Also, just confirm you're using a USB-A to USB-C cable, and not a Micro-USB cable?
That is true... not being prompted. Followed your suggestion... no joy. Yes, the cable is the right cable A to C

Found the answer.... about to give up, watching a You Tube video by a guy named David Mann, he shows us how he did it. I noticed (finally) that the Explorer app apk version was different than what I had downloaded and installed. What you need is APK version 1.1.3.9. I wish he had said that. I had to observe it. He also shows us how he got the maps to work. If you need that video, here's the link:

Now that leads me to wonder if I should ever update the app, if I'll loose the camera connection again. Any thoughts on that anyone?

I'm running the latest / current stable (ie. non-beta) Autel Explorer app on my CS with no issues.

Anyway, glad you got it working.

puoi condividere file video, mi sbaglio sempre.

Attachments

• Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Thanks, Augustine. The CS has the latest firmware, that’s the reason for trying 2 different versions of the Autel Explorer app.
I did call DJI support, they were’n very helpful but did ask me to take a screen shot of the pop up I get every time I try to do an install and send it to the support team.
Thanks, Augustine. The CS has the latest firmware, that’s the reason for trying 2 different versions of the Autel Explorer app.
I did call DJI support, they were’n very helpful but did ask me to take a screen shot of the pop up I get every time I try to do an install and send it to the support team.
Skipper1, Having the exact same problem. Did you ever get this resolved? Very frustrating.

I’ve been running mine quite a lot this past week with zero issues. Followed the above video and all worked first time.
My CS has the latest firmware, and I download as per the video apk’s. Very easy no issues.

Aldo

Skipper1, Having the exact same problem. Did you ever get this resolved? Very frustrating.
No I didn’t, I was frustrated like you and ended up selling mine. I now use iPad Mini, it works, bigger screen and lighter.

No I didn’t, I was frustrated like you and ended up selling mine. I now use iPad Mini, it works, bigger screen and lighter.
I appreciate everyone's help, but perplexing! With the excellent Youtube vids by The Mann (above) and others, there is a solution out there. It is not clear anyone knows exactly what it is. Today (day #2), I'm trying a few variations of the enormous number possible. Versions, connections, settings, resets... and on and on, but based on some clues from the successful examples. Will get back.

I appreciate everyone's help, but perplexing! With the excellent Youtube vids by The Mann (above) and others, there is a solution out there. It is not clear anyone knows exactly what it is. Today (day #2), I'm trying a few variations of the enormous number possible. Versions, connections, settings, resets... and on and on, but based on some clues from the successful examples. Will get back.

SUCCESS WITH AUTEL RC - CRYSTALSKY - GOOGLE MAPS installation for Autel EVO II Pro!!

Here are my comments about some common sticking points in the process with the helpful tips from this discussion topic:

First, my rig: Autel EVO II Pro (April), 4-Hawks SR antenna DYI with Autel Lifthor mount/CR adaptor. Yes! It is big and heavy! (annoying). The balance is off (annoying, will modify). EVO II RC and CR awkwardly positioned with lanyard-Lifthor sling crossing EVO II RC screen (annoying and distracting! I have modified it with a black string from lanyard to Lifthor hook.) But it all works. Will report back on experience.

Tips: Autel RC to CR

1. Followed "The Mann58's" excellent YouTube video (Jun 27 above) exactly. Listened and looked closely at what he did, buttons pushed etc.--things he did not point out--watch first part frame by frame.
2. Downloaded current (latest, Sept 20) versions Autel Explorer 1.1.6.6 apk from Apkpure; version might not be a problem after all.
3.Connected USB - C on the bottom of the CR (NOT the USB micro on the Left side!!) to the USB-A on Autel CR. IMPORTANT!
4.Confirmed DJI GO 4 Go Create app on CR was executing. Important! And set as default it executes on start-up.
5. Ignored very annoying "GS stopped" error warning. It stopped after about 4 loops. Also, the "STOP" command under the "apps" tab of the CR Settings worked, just another annoying operation.
6. RESULT: a) Instant connection among EVO II - RC - CR. (For the OCD, order of startup: drone, RC. CR started through the default communication between CR and RC. Wow! what luck!). b) Large print default on CR/Autel Exp app is easy to read but cumbersome with over-writen characters--not good. I will check out the "Second Screen" app mentioned by PingSpike above (thank you!)

Google Maps connection:

Following David Mann's (The Mann58) excellent Youtube: Outside, 10 satellites confirmed connected, EVO II started and waiting: Initiated EVO II RC: All operations engaged automatically including the connection to an active GOOGLE MAPS link (either home WiFi or iPhone hot spot). Incredible! Note An automatic hot-spot link can be included through the CR Settings, WiFi, ...More, Portable Hotspot default connection established.

That's it! I hope this helps connect the dots for others on this obscure set-up. Thanks to all and AutelPilot Users Group.

Comments?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy