Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cracks in the body of EVO II

Any of you pilots out there have any information of motor run time before change out!
I’ve had motors over the years wear out if not totally fail in mid flight.
You know the results of that.
These were racing drones, usually you can walk over and pick them up.
You will probably have a ESC fail on you before a motor. Since they are a sealed unit and dust or dirt really does not bother them they should last a very long time. Since 2014 and 8 UAV's later I have never had a motor fail. Only one ESC and that did not end well.

Reactions: Edward Newman
You will probably have a ESC fail on you before a motor. Since they are a sealed unit and dust or dirt really does not bother them they should last a very long time. Since 2014 and 8 UAV's later I have never had a motor fail. Only one ESC and that did not end well.
That’s good news, I make it a point not to fly in this high temperature
Flying in cooler weather, I believe would preserve the ESC’s better than the southern heat. It would be very difficult to replace this bird. Thank for the information.

I’ve raced quads in the blistering heat. Overheated ESC‘a and motors, I was never worried about the quad being it was flown so close to my location.

NOW I’m so protective of this expensive bird. As time goes on I’m sure I’ll find that comfort. I’ve been flying civilian aircraft since I’m 17, much older now. Having a bird like the EVO 2 PRO get out there and behind a tree line just doesn’t feel right. Lol. I’ll get used to it, thanks.

I work on helicopters and from what it looks like in those photos is that the assembly screws could have possibly been over torqued. Once the airframe starts to vibrate, it will cause those types of cracks. I've reseated the screws on the belly of mine just as a precaution. This can happen on the blades of the Parrot Anafi also. They are mounted by screws for some silly reason.

Hey guys,
Same here. After reading this tread I inspected my Evo 2 8k version and noticed the same thing. I contacted Autel, and they’re having me ship the drone for further inspection. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what they say. Don’t get me wrong I love this drone, but it’s nothing like flying my Mavic Air 2. With all the minor issues that this aircraft has given me. If Autel doesn’t replace the aircraft, I’d rather get my money back and use it towards the Mavic Pro 3 once its released.
I purchased the aircraft from Advexure.

Attachments

• 9BDFD166-7073-4454-A380-727CEE00A8B3.jpeg
    9BDFD166-7073-4454-A380-727CEE00A8B3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • D9781C78-20E9-481A-AD96-6CD8D3C4CDAD.jpeg
    D9781C78-20E9-481A-AD96-6CD8D3C4CDAD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 37F04E62-6615-4BC3-80A5-999527404123.jpeg
    37F04E62-6615-4BC3-80A5-999527404123.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
I have 5 cracks all over my evo 2 and they started in the second wk of flying. I’m very gentle with it also. I’ve been goin back and forth with autel. 2 long cracks appeared this mornin. It’s falling apart,
Very disturbing, for a reasonably large investment. Seems like their cutting corners in material compounds. Hope they make good on this problem. The Washington state parent company needs to up their quality control department not necessarily in final assembly but in what materials their using. The AUTEL EVO 1 does not have this problem to my knowledge. It seems like they may be in a rush to get product to match market demand. BIG MISTAKE.
In my business having to do something twice is a recipe for disaster!!

The operation in the US is not the parent company.

This could become quite a mess and black eye for Autel if the problem is widespread.

I have been seeing a lot more videos on youtube now of people not prepping the props before takeoff, the amount of vibration caused by props not balanced on startup will cause massive fatigue in plastic parts and from the cracks in the pictures it looks like vibration fatigue, also one of the biggest causes of premature motor failure. Just curious from an engineering side: how many pilots straiten their props in preflight.

I have been seeing a lot more videos on youtube now of people not prepping the props before takeoff, the amount of vibration caused by props not balanced on startup will cause massive fatigue in plastic parts and from the cracks in the pictures it looks like vibration fatigue, also one of the biggest causes of premature motor failure. Just curious from an engineering side: how many pilots straiten their props in preflight.

After seeing that vibration on first start I always straiten props before take off.
Checked mine with magnifying glass, nothing suspicious so far. Bit more than 10hrs in the air.

Reactions: PX1P
I always unfold my props. If you dont the whole bird will shake on start up. Cant be good for it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials