Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II GPS Issues

I have this same very bothersome messages on my Evo II Pro as well. I Always get the message "the...is in "atti" mode". "Please fly carefully...". My drone - all but once - does land within a foot of where it takes off, but it is nerve wracking when it keeps telling me the GPS signal is too weak!

I get the “GPS Signal Weak” warning and ”There may be some deviation between the landing point and the home point. Please pay attention when the aircraft is landing” pop-up message on EVERY single takeoff with my Autel Evo II Pro. This is VERY annoying and makes me concerned there is a problem with my Autel Evo II. It may also. be a firmware bug or a nag warning as I can get a precision landing within 6” of takeoff point on about 75% of Return to Home attempts. But maybe I have a GPS receiver problem on my Autel Evo II Pro.

More concerning to me, on the remote controller (RC) I NEVER get a GPS signal strength higher than 3 out of 5 bars even when my Autel Evo II Pro is 400 feet in the air on a clear sunny day in a wide open field! That seems to indicate a serious problem with the GPS module in the Evo II.

Does anyone else have this same issue with only getting a maximum of 3 out of 5 bars GPS signal strength on the remote control? Are you also getting the “GPS Signal Weak” warning message on EVERY takeoff even on clear sunny days in wide open spaces?

I have seen a number of YouTube videos of the RC showing 4 out of 5 bars when used with their Autel Evo II aircraft outdoors. So, obviously, it is possible to get more than 3 bars of GPS signal strength on at least some Autel Evo IIs. But not on mine.

Is anyone consistently getting 4 or 5 bars of GPS signal strength indicated on their Evo II remote control when flying on clear days in open areas?
I have an Evo II Pro also and I always get "fly carefully, GPS signal strength is weak" (or absent). Very frustrating!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE