Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can waypoint missions be created on a computer vs a tiny phone screen?

using the current crystal sky or the future smart controller, HDMI out to as big a screen as you can hang or prop up. otherwise, yes there is a way to project it but it's sorta....complicated. I'll see if I can find a thread.

Yes we can do it. Since 2004, I have been flying with the LITCHI application dedicated to DJI drones. I was piloting an Inspire and now an M2Pro. This application sorts the file to put in the DJI, but can output it in several usable formats, KML, VLM, CSV.
CVS is an easily readable file format.
This led me to do all my missions on LITCHI and then to be able to send them to my other drones, in this case the Evo 1 and the Yuneec H520.
Unfortunately, missions prepared for the Evo 1 no longer work on the Evo 2 because Autel ditched Format 1 to hide the flight file at the root of the phone. This is the reason that blocked me in the purchase of the Evo 2 which was transformed by the purchase of a Mavic Pro and as I see that Autel has not progressed in fluidity and flexibility missions, my next one will surely be .. ... number 3
Windows Litchi software
Missions TreesJPG.JPG

The program that rewrites the Litchi file for me in the Evo 1 version in Json: Mission Trees.waypoint (PS: This format no longer exists in the Evo 2)
Convert Litchi-Evo.JPG

The program that rewrites the Litchi file for me in Yuneec H520 version (Json format): Mission Trees.plan
Convert Litchi-H520.JPG

Why complicate when it can be simple.

Last edited:
I just share my iphone or ipad screen with my 17" laptop monitor and use software called APowerMirror which enables your mouse to control and use the the phone/ipad.

I just share my iphone or ipad screen with my 17" laptop monitor and use software called APowerMirror which enables your mouse to control and use the the phone/ipad.
going to try this out!

going to try this out!
Hi PhilC,
I use a program called VYSOR, This is a screen sharing App. I use it to plot our missions for roof and building Inspections. You have to stay within the boundaries of the property and this is far more accurate and precise and so easy to use and easy on the eyes, and it is using your phone or as in my case a Tripltek Pro and it is saved on the controler in the Explorer App as the mission that you designate. Johnno Hennessy Australia. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Rattlebars
Hi PhilC,
I use a program called VYSOR, This is a screen sharing App. I use it to plot our missions for roof and building Inspections. You have to stay within the boundaries of the property and this is far more accurate and precise and so easy to use and easy on the eyes, and it is using your phone or as in my case a Tripltek Pro and it is saved on the controler in the Explorer App as the mission that you designate. Johnno Hennessy Australia. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
I made a short video to show Vysor connected to a Note 9 with a cable. When you watch, set the video to 1080 on you tube. Thanks for the pointer.

I have no affiliation with Vysor or ezvid screen recorder used to make this video. Links (always useful!)
Ezvid: Free Video Editor & Screen Recorder
Vysor Downloads

thanks for showing this; I will give it a shot.

I have been editing missions on the crystal sky unit with hdmi connected to tv screen so I could easily see everything but no mouse (using fingers on c.s. screen). maybe this will help. thx.

Steve, please be aware I'm not criticizing you and your choice, just adding another opinion as die hard android user. Unfortunately I downloaded and installed APowerMirror and found it wanting. It took me better than an hour & 29.95 (1 year) to get it registered so I could run it for more than 8 minutes to try it (a ridiculous limit IMHO). After I finally jumped through a bunch of hoops I got it running it completely usurped all control of my fone and PC. While it may be great on Apple devices, it's not ready for prime time on android. It has no clue what a mouse wheel is and should you touch that wheel it will scroll the map in random directions for half a mile when it should just zoom the map like the wheel does on anything that views maps. I don't find the resolution to be any better than Vysor and the Mickey Mouse hand pointer is less than accurate. Yes, I did run it in 4K. Now I have a year subscription which I will likely never use unless they give me my wheel back. It is most definitely geared toward the Apple oriented mind set. I've never liked Apple devices ever. Sorry.

Steve, please be aware I'm not criticizing you and your choice, just adding another opinion as die hard android user. Unfortunately I downloaded and installed APowerMirror and found it wanting. It took me better than an hour & 29.95 (1 year) to get it registered so I could run it for more than 8 minutes to try it (a ridiculous limit IMHO). After I finally jumped through a bunch of hoops I got it running it completely usurped all control of my fone and PC. While it may be great on Apple devices, it's not ready for prime time on android. It has no clue what a mouse wheel is and should you touch that wheel it will scroll the map in random directions for half a mile when it should just zoom the map like the wheel does on anything that views maps. I don't find the resolution to be any better than Vysor and the Mickey Mouse hand pointer is less than accurate. Yes, I did run it in 4K. Now I have a year subscription which I will likely never use unless they give me my wheel back. It is most definitely geared toward the Apple oriented mind set. I've never liked Apple devices ever. Sorry.

I have both IOS (iPhone 12 Pro Max) and the Tripltek Android tablet. I had the same problem registering APowerMirroe. Drove me nuts for an entire day. I bought the "lifetime" sub because I found a coupon for 40% off. There is a def difference in res on my PC running 2560 x 1440 (don't have a 4K monitor). APower IMO seems 2x "sharper". Since I am mostly going to use the Tripltek and since one can't transfer mission files between devices (really a POOR non-feature by Autel) I also bought Vysor, only $10 for a year, a real bargain! I do have one problem no matter WHAT I use when adding waypoints with either software. The problem is that after adding 1 or 2 waypoints I can not add any more unless I go through all kinds of contortions with the Autel softare.

Sure needs work. I have a small "team" with whom I need to "share" missions. No can do with Autel. Best I can do is share info with a JSON decoder and each member must code it all over again on their device. I'm getting an s21 ultra and to go from the note9 to the s21 will be manual! Grrrrrr! :mad::rolleyes:

Thanks for the update sorry to hear it’s not good enough for Android I have been using my iPad, until my new and very expensive smart controller i have pre ordered comes to me which I understand is an Android type hardware, so I might have look at other options too!

I made a short video to show Vysor connected to a Note 9 with a cable. When you watch, set the video to 1080 on you tube. Thanks for the pointer.

I have no affiliation with Vysor or ezvid screen recorder used to make this video. Links (always useful!)
Ezvid: Free Video Editor & Screen Recorder
Vysor Downloads
Tried Vysor today. My Note9 to my desktop. Fantastic. Just what I needed. Setup 4 missions in 5 minutes. 32" screen. Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy