Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOOM ITS HERE!!!!

If they can get PPK working I buy one.

For standard PPK the Rinex file will have logged all raw data (psuedo ranges) at whatever interval the GPS was set to collect at - typically 10 times a second (e.g. 10 Hz). Within the Rinex file there should be time stamps. These time stamps are very precise and allow for interpolation between two gps positions to get cm accuracy. However, It doesn't sound like the .obs file contains any raw data.

When this RTK drone starts logging raw data (without having to be connected to ntrip) and someone can demonstrate that PPK works, then I will plunk down the money and buy one. Until then I will watch from the sidelines.
You're correct. The obs file only has the Rinex header in it without any timestamp/gnss data.

Yeah, I wish I knew it was ntrip only at first as well. They don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it....

If they can get PPK working I buy one.

For standard PPK the Rinex file will have logged all raw data (psuedo ranges) at whatever interval the GPS was set to collect at - typically 10 times a second (e.g. 10 Hz). Within the Rinex file there should be time stamps. These time stamps are very precise and allow for interpolation between two gps positions to get cm accuracy. However, It doesn't sound like the .obs file contains any raw data.

When this RTK drone starts logging raw data (without having to be connected to ntrip) and someone can demonstrate that PPK works, then I will plunk down the money and buy one. Until then I will watch from the sidelines.
I just started a few weeks at Autel.. just got my RTK unit a little over a week ago.

I will be testing ppk support and functionality when it’s available .

Reactions: jmason702
I just started a few weeks at Autel.. just got my RTK unit a little over a week ago.

Mine is working great with the network connection, but we need a GNSS receiver connection and data logging for PPK, ALSO, the SC will not connect to NTRIP. Please update the SMART CONTROLLER! Very happy otherwise, thanks

Mine is working great with the network connection, but we need a GNSS receiver connection and data logging for PPK, ALSO, the SC will not connect to NTRIP. Please update the SMART CONTROLLER! Very happy otherwise, thanks
Yeah just received my SC, noticed ntrip was broken.

You can fly without ntrip, just turn RTK off.
Yes, you can fly without NTRIP, but you lose all RTK and PPK functionality. Turning NTRIP off means you are flying a regular EVO II Pro drone.... So if you dont have the ability to connect to NTRIP, whether being 1. you live in a state that doesnt offer free NTRIP servers; 2. you cant set up your own server; 3. you fly where there is no wifi/cell phone signal; you might as well be flying a regular drone and not consider purchasing this version of the EVO II Pro...

It pull the list from caster.. you sure it’s in the correct format?
I have tried 2 different NTRIP servers and the Autel Explorer app does NOT get the Mount Point names from the server. I have both created my own and only setup one single mount point name and the app made a drop down list of some other mount point names that did not include the one I created on the server. I had to go back into the server and modify the mount point name into one that was listed in the drop down menu. Once I did that it worked. I have also tried to connect to another NTRIP service but they do not let me modify the name of the mount point. Again, one is provided and once the explorer app connects to the NTRIP server it generates a list of mount point names that were not compatible. I dont know where it gets this list from but it is not the server. If there is some type of protocol in order to get it to generate I am not aware of how to do it. I used SNIP NTRIP software and it is a very capable piece of software. I am not currently aware of anyway to "cast" your mount point names from the server itself....

I have support emails going on that no one seems to want to reply to. Autel markets this drone as a RTK/PPK drone and it does not have half of the function that the marketing claims it does. I dont mean to jump all over you but I am honestly pretty disappointed with the handling of this both from Autel and where I purchased my drone. Both places seem to just shrug this whole thing off like "yeah it only works on NTRIP and thats ok". But it's not. No one that understands how to get accuracy out of a system like this is going to rely solely on a NTRIP workflow and for y'all to shrug it off is crap... I have half a mind to make a video on how this drone doesnt meet half of what you claim it to do.

I would send this back if I could. This does not meet my expectations, hell it shouldnt have met your expectations! Sorry, if you've been there a week and youre now dealing with this "guy online". But just.... ****..... I dont appreciate spending the amount that you guys charged for this not only to get a V1 and you tell me I cant get a smart controller for it anymore BUT ON TOP OF THAT, I am a beta damn tester for your software that is not ready to do what you claim it to do. You should be paying me to test this out for you, Autel should be giving a discount for testing this crap and also a discount for a damn smart controller since i have a v1 that I spent 3k on.

Thats my rant....

Love the SC so far, just wish I could use it with the RTK Drone... Thanks for your help

Yes, you can fly without NTRIP, but you lose all RTK and PPK functionality. Turning NTRIP off means you are flying a regular EVO II Pro drone.... So if you dont have the ability to connect to NTRIP, whether being 1. you live in a state that doesnt offer free NTRIP servers; 2. you cant set up your own server; 3. you fly where there is no wifi/cell phone signal; you might as well be flying a regular drone and not consider purchasing this version of the EVO II Pro...

I have tried 2 different NTRIP servers and the Autel Explorer app does NOT get the Mount Point names from the server. I have both created my own and only setup one single mount point name and the app made a drop down list of some other mount point names that did not include the one I created on the server. I had to go back into the server and modify the mount point name into one that was listed in the drop down menu. Once I did that it worked. I have also tried to connect to another NTRIP service but they do not let me modify the name of the mount point. Again, one is provided and once the explorer app connects to the NTRIP server it generates a list of mount point names that were not compatible. I dont know where it gets this list from but it is not the server. If there is some type of protocol in order to get it to generate I am not aware of how to do it. I used SNIP NTRIP software and it is a very capable piece of software. I am not currently aware of anyway to "cast" your mount point names from the server itself....

I have support emails going on that no one seems to want to reply to. Autel markets this drone as a RTK/PPK drone and it does not have half of the function that the marketing claims it does. I dont mean to jump all over you but I am honestly pretty disappointed with the handling of this both from Autel and where I purchased my drone. Both places seem to just shrug this whole thing off like "yeah it only works on NTRIP and thats ok". But it's not. No one that understands how to get accuracy out of a system like this is going to rely solely on a NTRIP workflow and for y'all to shrug it off is crap... I have half a mind to make a video on how this drone doesnt meet half of what you claim it to do.

I would send this back if I could. This does not meet my expectations, hell it shouldnt have met your expectations! Sorry, if you've been there a week and youre now dealing with this "guy online". But just.... ****..... I dont appreciate spending the amount that you guys charged for this not only to get a V1 and you tell me I cant get a smart controller for it anymore BUT ON TOP OF THAT, I am a beta damn tester for your software that is not ready to do what you claim it to do. You should be paying me to test this out for you, Autel should be giving a discount for testing this crap and also a discount for a damn smart controller since i have a v1 that I spent 3k on.

Thats my rant....
I fully understand that if you turn off the RTK it flies just like an standard evo. Maybe I misunderstood the question.
Just so you know I was the US lead at DJI on the p4rtk, so not new to the game.

I can assure you that on iOS it connects and pulls the ntrip mountpoints available on that caster. I just received my SC yesterday and can confirm that NTRIP connection is wonky, if not broken completely. For now I would recommend to use iOS or a standalone android device until the SC issue is fixed.

Things to make sure that the caster is compatible:
RTCM 3.x
RAW format
(Port usually determines if it’s raw or processed.)

You are correct that PPK functionality does not work and I've been told its being worked on. But for you to say you can not get as accurate data from NTRIP as PPK is completely false, how do you think states and local utilities mark their assets? They do not post process data at all, its real time, with a real time network.

I do agree though, PPK should work and really don't understand why the craft was released prior to its functionality working.

Hopefully I will get some answers I can share with you this week.

Last edited:
Love the SC so far, just wish I could use it with the RTK Drone... Thanks for your help

I hear that, received the SC yesterday and was expecting to do a few runs with it today. Unfortunately that's when I found that NTRIP is broken on the app.

I fully understand that if you turn off the RTK it flies just like an standard evo. Maybe I misunderstood the question.
Just so you know I was the US lead at DJI on the p4rtk, so not new to the game.

I can assure you that on iOS it connects and pulls the ntrip mountpoints available on that caster. I just received my SC yesterday and can confirm that NTRIP connection is wonky, if not broken completely. For now I would recommend to use iOS or a standalone android device until the SC issue is fixed.

Things to make sure that the caster is compatible:
RTCM 3.x
RAW format
(Port usually determines if it’s raw or processed.)

You are correct that PPK functionality does not work and I've been told its being worked on. But for you to say you can not get as accurate data from NTRIP as PPK is completely false, how do you think states and local utilities mark their assets? They do not post process data at all, its real time, with a real time network.

I do agree though, PPK should work and really don't understand why the craft was released prior to its functionality working.

Hopefully I will get some answers I can share with you this week.
I am on Android, so maybe the app issues are related to that. As I said I'm able to get it work just fine if I make my mount name on whatever the app wants it to be.

And while I do agree RTK is useful and used worldwide for marking and for most general uses. You will not find an engineering firm or surveying firm that will rely on a RTK only workflow for accurate measurements when those measurements need to be verified and provably accurate.

That's all moot when you are out in the sticks with no wifi or cell service where NTRIP isn't going to work regardless.

A quick edit: I do appreciate having someone from autel that understands what's going on. The people I've talked with didn't seem to understand the difference between RTK and PPK. I hope you can be open with us about when me updated are coming.

I am on Android, so maybe the app issues are related to that. As I said I'm able to get it work just fine if I make my mount name on whatever the app wants it to be.

And while I do agree RTK is useful and used worldwide for marking and for most general uses. You will not find an engineering firm or surveying firm that will rely on a RTK only workflow for accurate measurements when those measurements need to be verified and provably accurate.

That's all moot when you are out in the sticks with no wifi or cell service where NTRIP isn't going to work regardless.

A quick edit: I do appreciate having someone from autel that understands what's going on. The people I've talked with didn't seem to understand the difference between RTK and PPK. I hope you can be open with us about when me updated are coming.
I’m sorry but I’m not following, the app will pull the mount point list when working correctly. I will try my crystal sky tomorrow (only other android device I own) and see if the android acts differently than the iOS. I was super surprised on the reliability on NTRIP versus the p4rtk app. Just hope Autel can make the android side just as reliable!

actually engineering firms and cities do this daily. how do I know? Well my day job is an IT manager for the city I live in and we use RTN every day for our assets, mainlines constructions and any other GIS related task. Accuracy is less than 2cm error at any given time.

but as you said without a base and ppk, people without a mobile connection are game over.

Hopefully I will have some useful news for you and others sometime this week.

Does anyone know whether the RTK / PPK gps is single or dual frequency? Hoping it is dual frequency (ZED F9P??) as that makes initialization (obtaining lock) before flight much faster than single.

Cool. If you can keep poking Autel to get PPK support functional that would be great. For PPK they have to let us select which satellites we want to use and at what rate (Hz) we want to log at (the faster the better!).

What gps are they using for RTK (PPK)?

Does anyone know whether the RTK / PPK gps is single or dual frequency? Hoping it is dual frequency (ZED F9P??) as that makes initialization (obtaining lock) before flight much faster than single.

Cool. If you can keep poking Autel to get PPK support functional that would be great. For PPK they have to let us select which satellites we want to use and at what rate (Hz) we want to log at (the faster the better!).

What gps are they using for RTK (PPK)?
GPS:L1/L2
GLONASS:L1/L2
Galileo:E1/E5a
BeiDou:B1/B2

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller