Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOOM ITS HERE!!!!

So i finally decided to properly setup NTRIP but it kept cutting out. Thats a me issue and not an Autel, after looking at the data thought it doesnt seem that it logged ANY RINEX data. Were you able to capture a proper rinex log file on your successful runs?
I did not try, will do on the next run

So i finally decided to properly setup NTRIP but it kept cutting out. Thats a me issue and not an Autel, after looking at the data thought it doesnt seem that it logged ANY RINEX data. Were you able to capture a proper rinex log file on your successful runs?
So any luck yet? I heard you can subscribe with trimble or topcon etc.. to use there mount points set up all over the states. Not sure of the cost. But for now the only way to connect is through the internet network. At some point you will be able to connect to your receiver. Also I belive the rinex file is stored on your sd card after each mission is flown. I have personally have not used PPK, Just RTK with great success!
Just curious where your at on this? and does anyone else on the forums have the RTK drone?

Do to work I have not been able to fly much. When I do its for marketing, and Im not using the RTK EVO for that. Still trying to get my name out there

buildingamerica702.com if your intrested in seeing my site, any feedback is appreciated...

I've sent various messages to Autel and some other outfits about this RTK drone, but I am not getting any responses. Typical. What I find encouraging is that this RTK EVO 2 seems to be recording "something" to the SD card. Hopefully it is the raw gps data. If the gps being used is UBlox then easy to convert to RINEX. Wish they would give us some information, but I guess this RTK drone is really just an alpha verson. Too bad Autel can't be smarter about releasing information. But I'll be patient and hopefully over the next few months we get some info. But I say for now they should just release this drone as: PPK EVO 2 Pro. Make the ppk work! That is what most of us in the mapping world are using anyways. RTK is always a hassle and fraught wiht potential disaster (loosing fix in mid-flight). Come on Autel, give us some information!!

I've sent various messages to Autel and some other outfits about this RTK drone, but I am not getting any responses. Typical. What I find encouraging is that this RTK EVO 2 seems to be recording "something" to the SD card. Hopefully it is the raw gps data. If the gps being used is UBlox then easy to convert to RINEX. Wish they would give us some information, but I guess this RTK drone is really just an alpha verson. Too bad Autel can't be smarter about releasing information. But I'll be patient and hopefully over the next few months we get some info. But I say for now they should just release this drone as: PPK EVO 2 Pro. Make the ppk work! That is what most of us in the mapping world are using anyways. RTK is always a hassle and fraught wiht potential disaster (loosing fix in mid-flight). Come on Autel, give us some information!!
Autel support had made it clear after discussing the issue with them that this drone is Ntrip rtk only. No other rtk/PPK workflow is working. It doesn't record the raw data.

They seem to be well aware of it's current capabilities (or lack there of), but are not forthcoming on when or even if they are going to address the marketed shortcomings of this drone.

I think it's horrible of a company to advertise certain capabilities and not only not have some working but not even say when or if it will be available.

It's all just a software issue, obviously. So it should be correctable in a firmware update. Who knows when that will be...

Autel support had made it clear after discussing the issue with them that this drone is Ntrip rtk only. No other rtk/PPK workflow is working. It doesn't record the raw data.

They seem to be well aware of it's current capabilities (or lack there of), but are not forthcoming on when or even if they are going to address the marketed shortcomings of this drone.

I think it's horrible of a company to advertise certain capabilities and not only not have some working but not even say when or if it will be available.

It's all just a software issue, obviously. So it should be correctable in a firmware update. Who knows when that will be...
If the drone is working with ntrip then that means it has it has some type dgps going. I bet it is a Ublox gps. If so it is easy peasy to configure it to record raw gps data. What I find strange is that they could have released this drone PPK ready and say that it's RTK options will be coming in a future firmware update. There are lots of folks out there that would jump at an affordable PPK drone. RTK just opens a large can of worms. Anybody doing real mapping would have a set of gps units for placing ground targets (for independent check points in the case of RTK) anyways. PPK is the obvious first step for Autel. Just my biased 2 cents!

The drone creates a Rinex file during any ntrip flight but it remains blank. I've tested multiple scenarios to try to see if I could get ANY data in the file but it just remains empty (with the exception of the standard Rinex file headers).

I have never had an issue with RTK here in Las Vegas. Never have lost a fix. I guess I am fortunate.
I will try to fly a short mission tomorrow. The drone connected to NTRIP works GREAT

Also the Mavic Advanced, I think works only with NTRIP... But I know the EVO will work with everything at some point

Today- short RTK flight, with the file attached with Rinex.obs and Timestamp.mrk

Trouble uploading

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-01 074150.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-01 074150.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2021-08-01 074259.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-01 074259.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 8
What software do you guys use to run the Rinex.obs and the Timestamp.mrk?
Also what is a Timestamp.mrk file?
And does is this info answer your questions??

Attachments

• RTK.jpg
    RTK.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 4
What software do you guys use to run the Rinex.obs and the Timestamp.mrk?
Also what is a Timestamp.mrk file?
And does is this info answer your questions??
If you open the Rinex file, you will find that it only has the header information and no other data.

The mrk file is the timestamp file. It includes what time and the coordinates of each picture.

You use both the mrk and Rinex (which is supposed to include the raw gnss information) files to process with an outside base station Rinex file (or other raw gnss coordinates for) for proper PPK.

Reactions: jmason702
Size of Rinex file is 1.42KB it was around 100 photos

I was able to open, I see what your saying...

Last edited:
All drone, no GCPs

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-01 093747.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-01 093747.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 10
3200-3400 with the smart controller? That's a great price!
If they can get PPK working I buy one.
If you open the Rinex file, you will find that it only has the header information and no other data.

The mrk file is the timestamp file. It includes what time and the coordinates of each picture.

You use both the mrk and Rinex (which is supposed to include the raw gnss information) files to process with an outside base station Rinex file (or other raw gnss coordinates for) for proper PPK.
For standard PPK the Rinex file will have logged all raw data (psuedo ranges) at whatever interval the GPS was set to collect at - typically 10 times a second (e.g. 10 Hz). Within the Rinex file there should be time stamps. These time stamps are very precise and allow for interpolation between two gps positions to get cm accuracy. However, It doesn't sound like the .obs file contains any raw data.

When this RTK drone starts logging raw data (without having to be connected to ntrip) and someone can demonstrate that PPK works, then I will plunk down the money and buy one. Until then I will watch from the sidelines.

Reactions: jmason702

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller