Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOOM ITS HERE!!!!

Congrats on the great package - could you share your fist thoughts on the monitor - did they get the bugs out? I would pay a premium to have that transmitter converted for my DJI stuff!

For now we're all stuck with the mini 5" dumb controller monitor from DJI.

Thanks - Mike

Reactions: jmason702
No it would not let me select my own mount point.

I'm glad it seems NTRIP is working, but for me i was just trying to do it as a proof of concept. Where I need to fly and use this drone the cell phone coverage is spotty or non-existent and I cant rely on RTK.

No one at Autel will give me any information about when a PPK workflow will be available.

What exactly is this good for? I focus on the camera end of things so I'm not up on RTK. I imagine a lot of other people aren't either.

Edit: One thing you might want to change is the title to reflect what it is you're talking about such as "Boom; the RTK and SC is Here".
RTK or Real Time Kinematics is a device on the drone that increases the precision of the GPS data up to a few cm rather than without it at a few feet. This allows the mapping of the ground to be incredibly accurate. Also helps it land with amazing accuracy as well. But really, it's only good if you are doing a lot of mapping or 3d reconstruction, or you just need to land within centimeters of your takeoff point.

Reactions: Eagle928
Congrats on the great package - could you share your fist thoughts on the monitor - did they get the bugs out? I would pay a premium to have that transmitter converted for my DJI stuff!

For now we're all stuck with the mini 5" dumb controller monitor from DJI.

Thanks - Mike
I love the autel smart controller, no complaints, other than RTK, but that will be fixxed

No it would not let me select my own mount point.

I'm glad it seems NTRIP is working, but for me i was just trying to do it as a proof of concept. Where I need to fly and use this drone the cell phone coverage is spotty or non-existent and I cant rely on RTK.

No one at Autel will give me any information about when a PPK workflow will be available.
I do know all issues will be worked out and It will be able to do everything the P4P RTK can do

RTK or Real Time Kinematics is a device on the drone that increases the precision of the GPS data up to a few cm rather than without it at a few feet. This allows the mapping of the ground to be incredibly accurate. Also helps it land with amazing accuracy as well. But really, it's only good if you are doing a lot of mapping or 3d reconstruction, or you just need to land within centimeters of your takeoff point.
Yes, I would not buy it unless your doing mapping

You guys are on a whole 'nother level with this stuff...way to go Autel for stepping up the game. Lets hope they work out all issues for you guys!

Alright, so this just gets weirder for me.

I figured out how to create my own ntrip caster. Connected base to it. Connected autel explorer to it. It says I logged in! And a successful connection!

Drone still won't fly... Still says there's an issue with rtk. All indications show that I have everything good to go but the app still says no to rtk.
Is there an option for just setting your base station at a know position and

How about just setting up your base as standalone (use an approximate position and no connection to any network) and see if you can get a good solution with your drone sitting on the ground? I would think that there should be some indication as to whether your RTK corrections are float or fixed (should see 1-2 cm precision). To me this would be the starting point. If you can get that to work then everything relative to your base station will be high accuracy. Then you could try and get the ntrip stuff working to nail your base position. Seems like this RTK done is very Beta.

Is there an option for just setting your base station at a know position and
No there isnt. That wouldnt do much as the base (in rtk mode) would send corrections in the gps data to the drone. Just setting a base position wouldnt achieve much. Well, if it allowed me to fly and collect the raw gps data I would do it though !

How about just setting up your base as standalone (use an approximate position and no connection to any network) and see if you can get a good solution with your drone sitting on the ground? I would think that there should be some indication as to whether your RTK corrections are float or fixed (should see 1-2 cm precision). To me this would be the starting point. If you can get that to work then everything relative to your base station will be high accuracy. Then you could try and get the ntrip stuff working to nail your base position. Seems like this RTK done is very Beta.
Autel hasn't released their base that directly connects to the drone. Which leaves you to connect your own via ntrip.

I agree that ntrip would be great to have to at least know your connected. But the drone is advertised with a PPK workflow as well. It's disappointing to say the least.

This is very much a beta drone. With the software the way it is, not even giving an indication of what is wrong and why, I'd debate that it was alpha implementation.

Just my opinion of course.

I think the only thing stopping us from connecting to a base, is the ability to type in your own mount point, easy fix when they get to it. Autel China came out with this drone, America Autel has to Americanize it.
Lol. Yes, we are beta testers, but I'm confident it will all come together pretty quickly. The release I feel was for NTRP users until they figure out the rest. And they will sell an Autel Base Station at some point for those that don't already have one.

another test map using just the RTK of the drone. and a screenshot of the model, My house

Attachments

• My House Model RTK.jpg
    My House Model RTK.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • RTK1.jpg
    RTK1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
This looks great. What altitude did you do your run? What overlap %?

The dealer in Las Vegas is hosting an online “Lunch and Learn” event about the Autel RTK setup on Monday that some folks may find interesting:

485, but got much more than just my house
So i finally decided to properly setup NTRIP but it kept cutting out. Thats a me issue and not an Autel, after looking at the data thought it doesnt seem that it logged ANY RINEX data. Were you able to capture a proper rinex log file on your successful runs?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller