Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOOM ITS HERE!!!!

What exactly is this good for? I focus on the camera end of things so I'm not up on RTK. I imagine a lot of other people aren't either.

Edit: One thing you might want to change is the title to reflect what it is you're talking about such as "Boom; the RTK and SC is Here".

Reactions: jamess336
What exactly is this good for? I focus on the camera end of things so I'm not up on RTK. I imagine a lot of other people aren't either.

Edit: One thing you might want to change is the title to reflect what it is you're talking about such as "Boom; the RTK and SC is Here".
BOOM! RTK sums it up very nice, its a game-changer in the mapping world. GAME CHANGER

• Love
Reactions: advexure

Simply put it ups your game from amature to pro. If your going to do any type of survey work and need to prove your work you need RTK. This camera is not for the guy who justs wants to take videos and nice pictures.
Thats the reason it is so expensive.
Hopefully this explains this to you.

where did you get it and how does it cost? I could really use this right now! My EVO 2 Pro has been my mapping beast the last year and the only thing that it is missing is the ability to do PPK or RTK.

I got mine in as well. Have you been able to fly it and it log Rinex files? Mine won't fly and log at the same time. I have to disable rtk to fly.

I have not been able to fly yet, this weekend I will, There are updates needed and are coming very soon to the RTK firmware

I'm watching this thread as I am very interested in this bird. Being able to fly in RTK mode and at the same time log raw data (and convert later to RINEX) would be nice. Is there a pdf manual for this drone that someone would share? Not much info out there yet.

No manual received with mine just the "quick start" guide which doesnt tell you anything about it. I'll be flying PPK so not being able to fly and collect the RINEX data makes this the same as any other non-RTK drone until the firmware update comes out.

Sounds like you guys are unwitting beta testers! Hopefully you got a discount. I still like the potential of this rig. Having an EVO 2 Pro that could do RTK or PPK or both at the same time would be sweet. It will also be good to know what type of dgps they put in. Hopefully a dual-frequency (ublox Zed F9P please!). If it is just single frequency I will cry.

You should be able to connect drone to NTRIP, and achieve a fix connection. Fly you mission and be golden.

Have you tried this? Just because you can not log rinex files don't mean you can't use RTK

I dont have an NTRIP provider near me. My state (Texas) doesnt have any public NTRIP providers. I have my own RTK GNSS receiver but I dont know of any NTRIP hosts to send my base data to and then allow the autel explorer to act as rover to receive it.

Have you tried this? Just because you can not log rinex files don't mean you can't use RTK
Alright, so this just gets weirder for me.

I figured out how to create my own ntrip caster. Connected base to it. Connected autel explorer to it. It says I logged in! And a successful connection!

Drone still won't fly... Still says there's an issue with rtk. All indications show that I have everything good to go but the app still says no to rtk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-150634~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-150634~2.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210714-150553.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-150553.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210714-150603~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-150603~2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210714-150609.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-150609.jpg