Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BOOM ITS HERE!!!!

Ok, this issue your having is in the works of being fixed with a update. I would and will be calling autel direct about it soon. I will post more info when I get it. I'm out of town and can mess with mine until friday.

Reactions: madpuma
Your screenshot shows "RTK diagnostic", what happens if you run that after it gives the RTK not ready?

I know autel is aware of the drone not working with a base station, it did at one-time work and then the update wiped out that option. I do know a beta tester and he told me autel is going to be updating the firmware and soon. But if you could call autel and tell them your issue to put a lil fuel on the fire to hurry up. My ideal set up is base station connected to NTRIP, base sending corrections to rover, rover being EVO 2 RTK

I know autel is aware of the drone not working with a base station, it did at one-time work and then the update wiped out that option. I do know a beta tester and he told me autel is going to be updating the firmware and soon. But if you could call autel and tell them your issue to put a lil fuel on the fire to hurry up. My ideal set up is base station connected to NTRIP, base sending corrections to rover, rover being EVO 2 RTK
My ideal setup is for my base to capture raw data and the river to capture it's own raw data and to perform PPK after the fact.

RTK is great but I've had it happen that it loses signal. And if that happens and you don't know it, ALL your data after the disconnect is ruined.

PPK allows you to verify that everything is working correctly and you don't have to work about losing connection.

My ideal setup is for my base to capture raw data and the river to capture it's own raw data and to perform PPK after the fact.

RTK is great but I've had it happen that it loses signal. And if that happens and you don't know it, ALL your data after the disconnect is ruined.

PPK allows you to verify that everything is working correctly and you don't have to work about losing connection.
Yes, you are very correct. And it will be possible soon. I know a team of guys working with autel on this very situation. All is good because the correct hardware is in place to do this. Just need everything updated to US standards

Yes, you are very correct. And it will be possible soon. I know a team of guys working with autel on this very situation. All is good because the correct hardware is in place to do this. Just need everything updated to US standards
Keep hitting up autel about this, and I will post my comments as well

have you talked to Autel, I just got home and talked to my guy, and he said the RTK firmware was updated to allow the use of base station

have you talked to Autel, I just got home and talked to my guy, and he said the RTK firmware was updated to allow the use of base station
I talked to autel today. The rep either didn't want to say anything or didn't know anything. He said I was the first caller he's had reporting issues about the rtk version. He said it "should" be fixed the next firmware update, but I don't think he truly understood what problems I was having. He also said he had didn't know when the next firmware update would be released.

• Sad
Reactions: phantomrain.org
OK.... my findings... using the SC I tried over and over and would not connect to NTRIP even though it said it was, could not fly, and had no single or fix.
So I linked up the regular controller and using an Ipad, it linked up first try, with a FIX and take off!
Are you using the smart controller?

OK.... my findings... using the SC I tried over and over and would not connect to NTRIP even though it said it was, could not fly, and had no single or fix.
So I linked up the regular controller and using an Ipad, it linked up first try, with a FIX and take off!
Are you using the smart controller?
I am not.

Connected to Autel Explorer app via android phone and the regular controller. I am actively looking for the SC tho.

Could you show me screenshots of yours? Does it show on the app that you have a fix? Where?

I did not take any screen shots but I will next time I fly, Yes says fix on the front screen and how many satellites are connected. Then in the RTK section, it breaks down everything and how many satellites and connected via GPS GLONASS GALOLAO, etc...

I am not.

Connected to Autel Explorer app via android phone and the regular controller. I am actively looking for the SC tho.

Could you show me screenshots of yours? Does it show on the app that you have a fix? Where?
ok, here are the screenshots of the RTK FIX and data link. Along with a drone deploy RMSE total error in map, just using the drones RTK. Imagine throwing in a GCP or two

Attachments

• RTK3.jpg
    RTK3.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 22
  • RTK1.jpg
    RTK1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • RTK2.jpg
    RTK2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
also when I was flying a small test map I seen up to 38 satellites, Tomorrow morning I will be testing sending corrections from my GNSS receiver to the drone!

no, unless you turn RTK off, But ill find out tomorrow with my base station

Are you able to select your own mount point in the explorer app? I just tried caster but would not let me type in emlids mount mont

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan