Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Backpack for the x-star?

gtyler5

Reaction score
The case that comes with the xstar is really nice, however it's bulky and I don't see myself hiking through the woods with it. Did a little searching and found no backpacks for the xstar. Is hacking a phantom pack the only option right now? Anyone else done it yet?

The case that comes with the xstar is really nice, however it's bulky and I don't see myself hiking through the woods with it. Did a little searching and found no backpacks for the xstar. Is hacking a phantom pack the only option right now? Anyone else done it yet?
yea haven't seen any yet for x star . but with a little trimming could get a dji backpack to work just fine .

How about all of the backpacks that have customizable interiors? I'm betting the X-Star would fit in a lot of them.

I got this one...its perfect. The X-Star fits very nice and snug in there. I did a review on it in FB

Ape Case Drone Backpack ACPRO1500W B&H Photo Video

20160830_135030_zpsqp9ugofe.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice and compact. Is there anything protecting the case from the motor threads?
Hey RJ,
I find this bag is a nice tight fit for the pumpkin. I notice the actual corners where the motor threads sit has a dip in each corner so that the whole motor loads up rather than the shaft pushing down. Very handy when hiking as it adsorbs movement evenly rather than loading up 1 point. As you know the pumpkin is a tad bigger than the P3 so when I sit it in the bag, its an even tight fit and nothing moves around. very happy with it all round. Holds 5 batteries including one in the bird. It holds everything I need and room for much more. Has a nice rain bag incase you need one and its a great size overall. Zippers look nice quality too which is one issue most cheap bags have (zippers strip on some) Hope that helps you mate.

Reactions: RJ_Make
That DJI backpack will cost an extra $12.50 in shipping from Carolina Dronz

Ape Case ACPRO1500W Drone Backpack
XSP (Gimbal detached)
5 Batteries
Controller
Charger (just in case I find power, Scotty)
Shield K1 w/ Sunshade
Manual
8 Blades
Prop Guard Set with Multidriver tool
9 Filters with dust brush, more easily added
Neckstrap
Misc wires/cables
15lbs. 4.5ozs
Still have spare pockets...

Suggested and recommended by gtyler5 and cokeaddict, excellent call guys, great backpack that fits and carries well.

Reactions: Michael
I use a version of the Manfretto case. There are lots of clones made by DJI, and others, and now, ape case. It works well but I did buy motor covers to keep the threaded motor shafts from wearing on the inside material. Doesn't look like a quad case and is very configurable. The clones are super cheap and worth the cash. So far it has worked flawlessly and no zipper blowouts which is the common failure of the cheaper bags.

I also a few other cases (I have to many UAV's :D) I use like a TradeCraft hard case with wheels for air travel and I love my Lowpro Drone Kit carrier for local excursions. Simple to use and holds everything you'll need.

image.jpeg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials