Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First Impressions of the Evo 2 Pro

Squerly

Reaction score
Today was my first real flight. I enjoyed it immensely.

Things I didn't' care for.
  • First, that gimbal cover. What an incredibly irritating piece of plastic that can be. I'll admit that when it's on the drone it offers great protection. But while I'm fighting with a floppy gimbal (lol) and trying to get it back on, I become the gimbals most likely source of damage.
  • The lack of cable(s). Seriously? Almost $2K and Autel can't include the necessary charging and file transfer cables?
  • Incomplete list of "beeps" in the none-existent manual. Yeah, you have to download a manual, Autel doesn't include one. Not really a big deal as it's available online. But it was frustrating to launch my drone for the first time and not know the cause of the continuous beeping. Landed and consulted my downloaded manual and found nothing. They list a bunch of other beep causes, but not the continuous one. I did a search online, and found that the cause was (probably) the avoidance system letting me know it was working. The manual didn't say anything about it.
  • Lack of a case. I guess I just assumed the drone would come with one like my X-Star did.
  • Legs are a little short and I can see where landing on grass, without a pad, could possibly be a problem for the gimbal.
Thinks I like.
  • Just about everything else!
  • I love the controller. Display is dynamite and the colors are awesome. Bottom buttons didn't bother me in the least. Handles worked out nicely for me as well.
  • The speed that the controller and aircraft pair up is nice and seeing it on the screen is great.
  • I like the app. Well, so far I do. Jury is out right now but I think I'm going to like it when it becomes 2nd nature to me.
  • I like that the iPhone starts up automatically when I turn on the controller.
  • The speed of the drone is fantastic. Almost got into trouble a couple of times. :)
  • Flight time is great. (i.e. wonderful battery.)
  • Predictively smooth to operate. It just flies, and does it nicely.
  • The snap on/off props.
  • I think I'm going to like the video/photo quality. Don't know right now as I don't have a cable to transfer the files.
I know I've forgotten something, but all-in-all, I really like this drone so far.

congratulations on your new Evo2! ?
You can turn off the obstacle avoidance beeping and still have the radar on screen display to help with collision avoidance.
As far as the gimbal cover goes what I do is turn the aircraft upside down and place the gimbal cover on. It seems to be a little easier to orientate the cover going back on.

Reactions: Junior and Squerly
As far as the gimbal cover goes what I do is turn the aircraft upside down and place the gimbal cover on. It seems to be a little easier to orientate the cover going back on.
Thank you!

I've been sitting it on its "butt" with the gimbal facing up. Having much better luck with it. I saw where someone on this forum made one with their 3D Printer. It looked pretty good.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I agree about having to wrestle with my gimble cover. It never wants to snap into place, or come off, afterward.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials