Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Not really

I have to completely disagree.

Autel ran an open beta, the firmware is well and truly out in the wild, mirrored on countless web sites and file repositories all over the world.

How on earth would anyone know which version they are about to install?

Autel didn't even put the word BETA in the filename, the .bin of the final even has the exact same filename as the beta release, never mind the same version number.

Man, I'm loving Autel but nobody would ever believe they've been making drones and building software as long as they have.

It's crazy. Absolutely crazy to do that.

Download from the official Autel web page. We at Autelpilotes are not the official site. Never claimed to be and have said many times we are not associated with Autel in way other then pilots that have the same interests in flying a Autel product. Downloads and over the Air firmware updates will always come from Auteirobotics not us.

screenshot-auteldrones.com-2020.10.22-15_58_54.png

I think PingSpike's sentiment is; and i agree with him completely, is that this way of managing versions is contrary to standard industry practice.

Even minor incrimental changes should denote a new overall version number, otherwise it creates plenty of confusion as we've seen.

People instinctively understand a higher number than the number they have means that not only is it a different number and thus a different version, but it is also a newer version. A beta tester shouldn't have to ask autel if the stable release is the same as the beta release, it should be inherently known by a higher version number.

Had i not experienced the issues i detailed in previous posts; having downloaded 2 different versions of the firmware, named exactly the same, and going out of my way to figure out they were different, I would have rightfully and easily assumed that the new stable release was the same as what i had already flashed on my drone.

I understand that it is not the fault of this forum, and this forum does not have any control of what autel does, but the failure to follow even the simple widespread practice of incremental version releases says a lot about the company as a whole.

I think PingSpike's sentiment is; and i agree with him completely, is that this way of managing versions is contrary to standard industry practice.

Even minor incrimental changes should denote a new overall version number, otherwise it creates plenty of confusion as we've seen.

People instinctively understand a higher number than the number they have means that not only is it a different number and thus a different version, but it is also a newer version. A beta tester shouldn't have to ask autel if the stable release is the same as the beta release, it should be inherently known by a higher version number.

Had i not experienced the issues i detailed in previous posts; having downloaded 2 different versions of the firmware, named exactly the same, and going out of my way to figure out they were different, I would have rightfully and easily assumed that the new stable release was the same as what i had already flashed on my drone.

I understand that it is not the fault of this forum, and this forum does not have any control of what autel does, but the failure to follow even the simple widespread practice of incremental version releases says a lot about the company as a whole.
By coping most of your concerns I made a post on Autels social media facebook page about the confusion that some people are having with beta and official versions. Letting Autel know about problems is the only way things are going to change,

Is anyone seeing a message to update their battery? I just installed the updated Android app, and the updated firmware. I did not see any messages about the battery.

Also, my gimbal calibration keeps failing. But the gimbal does appear to work properly.

Also, I thought there would be a new option to turn off the obstacle avoidance warning sound. I do not see that option in the updated app. Any tips or comments on this? Thanks

Is anyone seeing a message to update their battery? I just installed the updated Android app, and the updated firmware. I did not see any messages about the battery.

Also, my gimbal calibration keeps failing. But the gimbal does appear to work properly.

Also, I thought there would be a new option to turn off the obstacle avoidance warning sound. I do not see that option in the updated app. Any tips or comments on this? Thanks
OA is a green/red icon in top right on Android 1.1.7.9 and above. It turns off the slowing from detecting and obstacle but the sensors are on as it will still show you the bars on the screen from OA. So, its not a disable the sensors, it just disables the drone from slowing down and reacting to the sensors.

Are you using a Freewell with CPL by chance? I hadn't retested but starting with 2.50 if I did gimbal calibration and it was ND/CPL it failed. With straight up ND filter it works fine. My auto calibration I did today after installing the released version gave me a perfectly level horizon. I literally use a level and turn on grid and line it up to validate that it is level. It was dead perfect for me today.

You have to update EACH battery with this firmware update even if you had beta installed. They bumped the battery up from 13 in the beta to 14 in the released version.

Reactions: Andrew01
Yes, I am using the Freewell with CPL. I guess that could be causing the issue.

How do you update the batteries? I do not see a prompt to take any type of action on the battery.

How do you update the batteries? I do not see a prompt to take any type of action on the battery.
You just reapply the firmware with each battery in the bird. So you have to copy that bin file to the sdcard each time as it is deleted when that update is done. IN my case, I had to do it 4 times.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Nah. Since last patch the bird complains even with plain nd filters. Gimbal works fine though.

Last edited:
It appears they removed 10bit. I tested all settings 6k to 2.7k all frame rates with hdr on/off and color = none/log
H.265
MP4 format

None of the files are 10 bit. It's all 8bit. It used to be 10bit in at least HDR mode.

Submitted ticket to Autel.

I downloaded 2.5.11 from the Autel Web, everything went smooth including the battery update. I reloaded the .bin file on the SD card to update the next battery and it looks like it was successful but the remote control says it failed and to force update next time. How do I force update?. One more thing, the .bin file did not delete itself after the original update so I manually deleted it and reloaded the .bin file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
It appears they removed 10bit. I tested all settings 6k to 2.7k all frame rates with hdr on/off and color = none/log
H.265
MP4 format

None of the files are 10 bit. It's all 8bit. It used to be 10bit in at least HDR mode.

Oh no...not another 10 bit dilemma! ??‍♂️

H.265
MP4 format

Are you filming in LOG?

Reactions: Ansia
I cannot get the IMU Calibration to do anything. It just sits at the scree on the app "Starting Calibration". Anyone else experience this? This is my first time upgrading firmware, as I'm not one to update often unless there are serious improvements.

I cannot get the IMU Calibration to do anything. It just sits at the scree on the app "Starting Calibration". Anyone else experience this? This is my first time upgrading firmware, as I'm not one to update often unless there are serious improvements.
Updated to the final 2.5.11 release on my 8k from Autel. When I tried to do the IMU cal, it progressed to item #4 and then hung and failed. I did this after a number of restarts with both arms open and closed and it wouldn't go beyond #4. I called Autel and spoke to Dave and he said that some owners were having this problem and they are working on it. I guess I'll move back to 2.3.3 until notified of a solution.

Reactions: PingSpike
Updated to the final 2.5.11 release on my 8k from Autel. When I tried to do the IMU cal, it progressed to item #4 and then hung and failed. I did this after a number of restarts with both arms open and closed and it wouldn't go beyond #4. I called Autel and spoke to Dave and he said that some owners were having this problem and they are working on it. I guess I'll move back to 2.3.3 until notified of a solution.
Strange, I had not problem with IMU calibration but had problems getting my 2 other batteries to update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain