Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Yes. Sorry, to many bloody apps and firmware without explanation from Autel, it should say 1.1.5.3 for APP changing sometime to 1.1.6.. firmware, 2.3.3 for Evo 2 pro.. and 1.5.8 firmware for Evo 1... using Android..

Cheers
Did you try to uninstall the Android app completely and reinstall it to make sure tere is no "residue" in the way of making you happy?

Hi, yes, ended up doing manual upload which is now working after two attempts, but has presented another problem saying joy stick calibration problem. Just about to email Autel with this latest.. if you calibrate the joy sticks it is ok but once you turn off controller and back on same appears.. nightmare.. I have controller from Evo 1 which I have so thinking of trying it but hesitant as it works ok at mo, if it gets messed up then no backup and no flying.. will see what Autel say firts. Cheers

Hi, yes, ended up doing manual upload which is now working after two attempts, but has presented another problem saying joy stick calibration problem. Just about to email Autel with this latest.. if you calibrate the joy sticks it is ok but once you turn off controller and back on same appears.. nightmare.. I have controller from Evo 1 which I have so thinking of trying it but hesitant as it works ok at mo, if it gets messed up then no backup and no flying.. will see what Autel say firts. Cheers
EVO 1 Controller wont work with EVO 2.
EVO 2 RC partially works with EVO 1. Its nit different Hardware but FW limitation, i hope they will change that somewhen...

BUT: i was not talking about updating the FW twice, i was talking of removing the Android App completely and then reinstalling it...
Greetings,

Ender

OK, I haven't tried that, simple so worth a try I guess... let you know.

Cheers

OK, I haven't tried that, simple so worth a try I guess... let you know.

Cheers
See my update in the other thread, the BETA Android App is now out, 1.1.6.3, may try this if a simple reinstall didnt solve it...

Good luck, Ender

Did the upgrade APP to .1.16.5 (upto .5 today...) the LH joy stick is still playing up but I'm pretty sure it is hardware as the stick will stick occasionally at the bottom position, clicks then sticks. Contacted AUTEl and they are getting their "International Customer Service team " anyone ever heard or had dealings with them...?? to contact me after I sent a short vid clip of it doing it and a few pics, also same to the supplier who seem interested in solving it as well, will see who fixes it first for me as only done a few hours flying total... And yes, tried the EVO 1 controller, it responds to it but does very little else. no real control so that is a short sighted pain in the arse by AUTEL... so back to the 1 for the time being, it also has 1.1.6.5 on it but obviously doesn't help... Cheers

@charmin
Hmm, did you mod your RC (other Antenna or alike) ?
Or do you have magnets cose to its case?
I am just asking as the EVO Joystic work with hall sensors sensible to any metallic / magnetic interference...

No mods, only had it out the box for a few weeks and a couple of hours flying max, no magnets anywhere but it "clicks" in certain positions then will actually stick in that position, normally at the bottom... sometimes clears and smooth but then comes back, to dodgy to try and fly with it, could be a fly away... ha-ha...
Never any problems with EVO 1 and have that to play with until I get a new controller to me.. pain though... tnks for suggestions... Cheers

Where do I check what firmware the aircraft currently has and the same for the remote control.

Is there any way to check which version of firmware you are running, if using the controller only, without tablet/phone/app ?

Even with a phone and app it doesn't tell you. Only shows the component firmware numbers; then have to go to the Autel site and work backwards from their list of component firmware numbers.

I just installed V2.5.0 and checked it with the above release notes. Everything is good to go! I was getting 14 sats and 4 bars on the TX with the quad inside the house.

Last edited:
Flew three batteries, with no strange behavior.

Can hand launch without having to resort to Boat mode.

I was still limited to 328 feet in Orbit radius, will have to try again.

Got it figured out, please disregard what I shared below earlier. Right after making this post, Update appeared on my phone when reconnecting to app. Everything’s good, and updated.

Paul

Is there another way to update firmware Ver.2.5.0 instead of going through the bin setup, I downloaded V2.5.0.bin then I get No Preview Available?

Surely, must be a better way to update firmware? My App Store shows I’m on V1.5.11, but it’s a crazy way to update app going through that Bin link.

Things like this sure make it difficult to get equipment updated, maybe it’s me.

Paul

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo