Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Latest version of firmware is Version 2.3.3 (Jul 6, 2020)
Latest App for EVO II for Android is Current Version V1.1.5.3
Latest for iOS is Version 1.4.18
Latest Beta for iOS is V1.5.9.
There is no beta for Android yet.

Latest version of firmware is Version 2.3.3 (Jul 6, 2020)
Latest App for EVO II for Android is Current Version V1.1.5.3
Latest for iOS is Version 1.4.18
Latest Beta for iOS is V1.5.9.
There is no beta for Android yet.
Thanks Augustine,

For the life of me, Can’t figure this out. Thought I was updated, now I’m not sure. So I logged into Autel Evo website, downloaded current 2.3.3 Firmware but a drop box opens up not sure what it is. Go onto settings on app, don’t see 2.3.3

really don’t know we’re to look, I’ll post screenshots from both app and screenshot after downloading 2.3.3 app, and app in my phone.

Can you or someone see which app I have, Appreciate the help.

thanks!
Paul355C9870-1CAE-4268-9D85-191FB16AAEE0.jpeg7A29B2F4-0D65-4699-AF0E-DCE11A69B500.jpeg19D8FBE0-E8E7-4741-B2C4-499435A58BF6.jpeg

I’m a little confused, my Autel Evo app on my phone says it’s V1.4.18

Is this the current app? I downloaded 2.3.3. But not sure if this is correct app, can someone please share if V1.4.18 makes sense?

Thank you,
Paul
View attachment 7690
You're confusing the firmware and software/app versions. Your app is up to date with V1.4.18. Or it seems to be from what you said.
The 2.3.3 is the version of the firmware you downloaded which is the current version.

Hello Waldo, you have not installed 2.3.3!

See here for Module versions of 2.3.3, they are newer then what you have:

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. e.g. Flight Control or Image Transmission...

Reactions: lukappaseidue
You're confusing the firmware and software/app versions. Your app is up to date with V1.4.18. Or it seems to be from what you said.
The 2.3.3 is the version of the firmware you downloaded which is the current version.
Thank you Tufargon,

Appreciate you sharing app V1.4.18 is the latest update, yes that’s the one my general settings is showing. I’m not going to or at least try not to stress on this, boy I can see how frustrating this can be especially with Evo users having so many problems. Fortunately, learning how to update is my only problem, what to look for etc.

Elder shows I’m not updated based from a link he attached, these settings do vary slightly from what is on my General settings. I tried again to update, even turned off controller and Evo 2, restarted several times. General app settings didn’t change, remained the same but good news on other page of general settings V1.4.18 remain the same. Hopefully, and I agree I’m probably already updated. Maybe the other settings will chance in a day or so, Appreciate your help.

Paul

168ED7D6-D95D-4C42-BAC7-1F327F0E717A.jpeg

Hello Waldo, you have not installed 2.3.3!

See here for Module versions of 2.3.3, they are newer then what you have:

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. e.g. Flight Control or Image Transmission...
Thanks Elder for your help,

Yes I see now the module settings vary from mine, I’m sure my update to 2.3.3 went through but being I’m not computer Knowledge enough and may not have the current update.

this is frustrating, for me that is. Plus, isn’t there an alert on app when starting controller and drone a new update is needed? Instead of going directly to internet to update, it’s here I’m having problems updating.

Tufagon mentioned I may already be updated, I probably am just maybe the other portion (module settings) hasn’t updated yet?

Thanks Elder,
Paul

Thank you Tufargon,

Appreciate you sharing app V1.4.18 is the latest update, yes that’s the one my general settings is showing.
Unless your running the Beta iOS app you will not get all of the update settings.
I see, I’ll need to run Beta I0S to get the module settings updated?

That explains it, I’m not running Beta IOS.
Thanks Agustine,
Paul

Just a guess on my part but if only half the needed things you need to get the full package and benefits from the update I suspect that might be your problem.

Just a guess on my part but if only half the needed things you need to get the full package and benefits from the update I suspect that might be your problem.
I don’t quite understand what you mean, but currently I’m very happy with how Evo 2 performs even if I don’t have full benefits of updated app.

Just learning as I go along with using my first Autel product, Enjoying every moment lots to learn.

1.4.18 is the APP and not the firmware (for I phone I guess.. I'm using Android) but same applies, 2.3.3. is the firmware, you wont find it on the controller or anywhere... rubbish... the new APP is 1.16 for Android but not released yet, so why they released 2.3.3. god only knows, without the APP the new firmware functionality will not work. When you eventually get the new APP whatever it is for Iphone then under General you should see it there. Asked AUTEL when they will release the latest APP, they don't know...

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I feel like Autel did a great job with the actual UAV but they are really screwing up in their communications and bugs. On 4th of July weekend I could not even fly because their site was down and I could not login. In addition, when I downloaded the 2.3.3 update it came from a dropbox. A dropbox? really? You have to be kidding. Autel is out selling UAV's ranging from $1500 to $10k and they can't afford to have a proper server of their own to put updates? This is aside from the fact that they are violating their terms of service with dropbox and if dropbox found out they would likely be sued.

Back to the updates, I seem to remember a delay from January to May due to "bugs". Autel had more than enough time to work out the issues addressed in the updates but they didn't bother and when they do update they don't even update the ios or android software to make them work?

Again, I think Autel designed a good UAV but based on their apps, servers, bugs and lack of communications, I feel like they are really screwing up. I'm still hearing issues from people that the 8k version has a jitter whereas the 6k does not even though they are supposedly the same hardware with an interchangeable camera.

Don't even get me started about the Mickey Mouse remote control. I have $200 birds with better controllers.

I'm not a huge fan of DJI either but at least their stuff always seems to just work. I really hope Autel gets its act together and we have good competition but based on what I have seen and read so far, Autel needs a major shakeup and likely a new management team or they will be a footnote in the UAV world in less than 24 months.

Keep in my everything I say above is my opinion and my opinion alone so please don't waste time contradicting me. We all have our opinions. All I know is I have spent over $100k in UAV hardware in the past 6 years and if Autel wants my business again, they are going to have to make major changes in the way they do business.

Good flying everyone!

Hi guys!
I prefer having FW updates that enhance the craft even if i do not have the App using its full capability.
And actually i like the App beeing new to Autel.
I cannot speak for the iOS variant as i shedded the Apple stuff long time ago but the Android App has been stable so far for me.
And *yes* it lacks some basic functionaly, have sent numerous feature requests to AUtel already :)

So far so good, all netter then having a "bug brother" DJI guy...

Ender

I’m a little confused, my Autel Evo app on my phone says it’s V1.4.18

Is this the current app? I downloaded 2.3.3. But not sure if this is correct app, can someone please share if V1.4.18 makes sense?

Thank you,
Paul
View attachment 7690
1.4.18 is the APP versione, while 2.3.3 is the firmware version (they are 2 different things)

All agreed with all comments, I loaded 2.3.3 over air, and everything stopped working. Autel suggested doing manual update which I have, it is now working after two attempts, initially loads of errors and try again.. now it works and the controller can talk to the UAV Pro 2 with Android, now it is saying the joy stick control has a problem, re-calibrate.. I have done this but each power up says the same.. The APP which will be 1.1.6, currently 1.1.15 has not been updated yet, just says not updated in their site, without the 1.1.6 APP update the firmware 2.3.3 has very very reduced functionality and a lot of the stated new updates just will not work. AUTEL have said they do not know when it will be released.. days, weeks months, who knows..
I am just about to email them about the Joy stick problem, fortunately I have EVO 1 as well so have a spare controller, whether I dare use it with 2.3 3. I dont know yet.. I have come across several other problems which have already told Autel, they have just given them a good ignoring to date...

Watch this space..

Cheers

[ In addition, when I downloaded the 2.3.3 update it came from a dropbox. A dropbox? really? You have to be kidding.

Good flying everyone!
[/QUOTE]

That’s what confused me, the drop box . Felt like I was downloading something that may harm my iPhone, scam or other potential spyware issues.

If the Drop box is something to help with updates, I’ll leave it on my phone.

Great post swwesq,
Paul

. The APP which will be 1.1.6, currently 1.1.15 has not been updated yet, just says not updated in their site, without the 1.1.6 APP

I assume its a typo but the current Android App is:
V1.1.5.3
You are using that one, right?

Ender

Yes. Sorry, to many bloody apps and firmware without explanation from Autel, it should say 1.1.5.3 for APP changing sometime to 1.1.6.. firmware, 2.3.3 for Evo 2 pro.. and 1.5.8 firmware for Evo 1... using Android..

Cheers

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain