Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Anyone else notice that the motors don't shut down as quickly on landing as they did on previous firmware?
Yes, I can confirm. I'm used to in-hand-landing and now Evo2 wants to fight little bit before motors stop, DJI fans may like this experience because now it's almost as bad as Mavic but I prefer smooth action as it was before upgrade.
Initialization also takes longer with red message "initializing altitude mode" or something like this.

Reactions: parkgt
The gimbal calibration doesn't seem to fix the horizon angle. I'm sure it is doing something meaningful behind the scenes and it is a good thing to do. But the horizon is still off by minus 1-2 degrees usually. I set the gimbal adjustment to +2 and it is better. I don't have time to keep screwing around with it further in that regard. Adjusting the angle in post is just something I do by default an I've resigned to accept this.
Same here, my horizon tilts have reached 2 degrees and above, its a pain in the butt in post because almost everything I shoot for a video has an ocean horizon in it and its painfully obvious how crooked it is. I've pretty much resigned to accept it as well, I dont think they can fix it, they absolutly know because I've posted videos about it on the Facebook page and the guy who works for them saw them all and made sure to give the crooked *** videos a sad face emoji.

Yes, I can confirm. I'm used to in-hand-landing and now Evo2 wants to fight little bit before motors stop, DJI fans may like this experience because now it's almost as bad as Mavic but I prefer smooth action as it was before upgrade.
Initialization also takes longer with red message "initializing altitude mode" or something like this.
Hi Andrzej!
Could you Detail how exactly you do the Hand landing?
I am used to do it with the DJI's i owned (Spark, Air, MP) and also with Parrot Bebop & Anafi.
But i did not try it with the EVO yet as i do not exactly know how that bird "ticks".

So do you order "Land" on the remote and then simply offer your hand or do you "grab" it out of the Air and tilt it 90 degrees? (The latter was my favourite method for the other drones but i guess the strong EVO could offer quite a fight?!)

Please share!

Thanyk you,

Ender

Hi Andrzej!
Could you Detail how exactly you do the Hand landing?
Just grab it from below and pull left stick back. The E2 does not go full throttle like the DJIs. After a few seconds it shuts down. I wouldn't want to turn it on its back regularly, it might be a bit hard on the gimbal.

Reactions: okestone and Ender
Just grab it from below and pull left stick back. The E2 does not go full throttle like the DJIs. After a few seconds it shuts down. I wouldn't want to turn it on its back regularly, it might be a bit hard on the gimbal.
Thx!
Its getting more important now that the "muddy season" starts here :cool:

Reactions: davery87
Hi again,
back to topic --> new FW 2.5.11:

I did the update and i wanted to do the 3 things Autel advised:
-Gimbal Calibration
-IMU Calibration
-Compass Calibration

But, guess what: i was unable to do findIMU Calibration (latest Android APK, the .10 one)

So i did Gimbal Calibration, besides intermittent annoying messages that Gimbal is not ready it went through fine and Gimbal behaves normal.
Then (lacking a IMU Calibration Option) i did Compass Calibration.

So: Is there no more seperate IMU Calibration item OR am i too dumb to find it OR is that a malfunction of my App?

I did do the compass calibration and remembered i should stare at the instructions on the remote, NOT on the APp (grr) and it went smooth...

Ender

So: Is there no more seperate IMU Calibration item OR am i too dumb to find it OR is that a malfunction of my App?
It's right below compass calibration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-092025_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-092025_Autel Explorer.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 13
It's right below compass calibration.
Yes thats whre it used to be, but its not there in my App. Thats the amazing thing on my side :)
So you are also using latest Android?
If yes i might feel i should factory reset App & drone...

Ender

Yes me too, so thats weird :)

P.S.
By the way: High Definition Image transmission now seems to work without freezing after some seconds and i screenshot compared the two and High Def is really (a tad) sharper!

You are on the newest firmware on the bird from last week?
Yes, updated OTA (2 times as i have 2 batteries), module versions are identical to the version history ones Autel shows...

Ender

Yes, updated OTA (2 times as i have 2 batteries), module versions are identical to the version history ones Autel shows...

Ender
I'm out of ideas now... maybe start with emptying the cache and data for the app, then reinstall. I would not touch the firmware on the bird.

@Ender, exactly as @Micander says. Make the drone stationary hover ~1,5m above ground then you can keep remote with your left hand, grab the drone from below with your right hand and pull left stick full down. Be aware of wind direction not to risk when you are grabbing the drone.

Reactions: Ender
@Ender, exactly as @Micander says. Make the drone stationary hover ~1,5m above ground then you can keep remote with your left hand, grab the drone from below with your right hand and pull left stick full down. Be aware of wind direction not to risk when you are grabbing the drone.
You guys actually shouldn't "just grab the bird" out of the air. Instead put bird into hover and then put your hand up underneath the bird (without reaching out to actually grab it) and then just pull down on the, I think left stick for most of you guys, it's the right stick for me since I fly mode 1 and then it will slowly land into your hand without trying to take off again.

Hello EVO II Users,
We have just released firmware 2.5.12, which is a patch to fix the "gimbal is not ready" bug on firmware 2.5.11.

Notes:
  1. After the firmware upgrade, please perform gimbal auto-calibration, IMU calibration, and Compass calibration before the first flight.
  2. In order to support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.7.5, Android V1.1.7.10 or newer.
Explorer app users will receive the OTA firmware update notification on the app home page after 60 seconds the aircraft, RC, and mobile device are connected. (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support!

official lilnk

EDIT:
With this release they have patched the "gimbal not ready" issue

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
These release notes are just as annoying as their firmware version numbers.

They added half this stuff in 2.5.11 ?‍♂️

Are we now supposed to compare all the release notes side by side to see what is actually different?

aha, added IMU Calibration so it was missing for more ppl :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo