Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Announces Delay In Production Of EVO 2

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

First, we want to thank all of our fans and followers. It doesn’t matter if you just follow one of our social channels, or if you fly our products every day. Your support and enthusiasm have always kept us going here at the Seattle office.

With the announcement of EVO II at CES, the response has been absolutely crazy. This community is exploding, and we thank you for your patience with us as we are still trying to catch up on responses.

We also want to be as transparent as possible and give you all periodic updates on the status and availability of EVO II. That way you have the most up to date information straight from us and not just rumors.
Our goal at CES was to get the initial units of EVO II (8k) into the hands of dealers by the end of January. Unfortunately, during production, we found a bug in our software that could limit flight performance under normal operation. Instead of shipping the hardware with a known issue and forcing users to perform day 1 updates, we have decided to delay the rest of production and shipments until we have resolved the issue. Our projected timeline is to have EVO II available for purchase in March. This is not a set date or time frame, and things can always change. But with the information we have today, that is our goal.
The team in Seattle is very small and we are adding channel support as we can. We are looking to start up our website newsletter again in the next few weeks. So for any future updates, please check our website, the official social channels, and emails coming directly from us.
We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get a hold of us at [email protected]
Thank you all again and fly safe!

Reactions: Squaddy
I know they said flight performance issues but also saw some reports online that some Evo 2 will fly away and never come back. Not sure if this could also be considered an issue.

I know they said flight performance issues but also saw some reports online that some Evo 2 will fly away and never come back. Not sure if this could also be considered an issue.

Where did you see this? Someone saying it could or someone saying that it happened? You hanging around the DJI forums again :rolleyes:

Reactions: Drgnfli
A simple advice, if there is a software problem and it is common to the Explorer EVO 1 & 2 software, in the meantime, it would be prudent for all owners of EVO 1 to return to Explorer 1.0.1.45 in first time.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Where did you see this? Someone saying it could or someone saying that it happened? You hanging around the DJI forums again :rolleyes:
I saw in the forum someone mentioning. Yes, I am also in the DJI forum... Same nickname. I have also a Mavic Pro Platinum.

Which forum? If in here I am sure I would have read it. Like I said DJI trolls are every where.
I don't know if it's was here or DJI forum. I use Tapatalk and I have all drone forum in this app. It could probably someone posting BS.

Well the only people that got a early release of the EVO 2 where some dealers and some well known Youtubers. So if a fly away happened it would have been all over the internet or Youtube. The only crash that has been reported is the one from DroneDJ and that was pilot error.
Having delays in production is not uncommon as even DJI has had them in the past. Autel is famous for delays so expect more.

Damn it Autel. Seriously. This sounds like fluff. Nothing wrong with a Day 1 firmware update. Everyone's got them.

Lol Drone Valley said Autel told him. The Evo 2 is known to fly away. On a video you posted last week I believe.

@53 seconds.

Last edited:
Lol Drone Valley said Autel told him. The Evo 2 is known to fly away. On a video you posted last week I believe.

@53 seconds.

LOL You need a hearing aid my friend or slow the video down to listen to what he really said. ?

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
Rather for them to get the quirks fixed before release rather than a bunch of people get the drone and the issue wasnt fixed and their drones get destroyed and threads flooding complaining about Autel

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain