Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

I kind agree with you. I see sometimes a YouTuber from Canada call Alan and he only flight in public parks in Canada. Everytime it flight, it needs to call the Canadian authority to let them know that he will be flying. That's just extreme.

Far from being anywhere close to the truth my friend. You do need to keep a log but you should anyways. Oh boy where the heck did you see that? LOL

I believe they could be referring to the Beaufort Wind Scale. A level 8 would be 34 to 40 knots. Something like 40 to 45 mph. If this is what they are referring to then that thing should hold place pretty damn good, it'll obviously eat up power pretty quickly but a little gust here and there should be no problem
check the APP from UAVforecast.com (I'm a user no affiliation)

Go to the home page and tap the wind speed it lets you see the speed in MPH, km/h, knots, m/s and bft (Beaufort).

wind.JPG

It shows 8 bft as 42 mph, 68 km/h, 37 knots, 19 m/s.

It saves you having to calculate all that stuff and it's free ;-)

Reactions: Pman
Videos are always good, but it would be more interesting to know what he has in his stomach, his functions, his flight modes as well as his possibilities and what he can do more compared to Evo 1.
For the moment, little information.

Videos are always good, but it would be more interesting to know what he has in his stomach, his functions, his flight modes as well as his possibilities and what he can do more compared to Evo 1.
For the moment, little information.

The video from drone valley gives a lot more information. I would keep an eye on his channel as he tends to cover a lot of the more technical parts of a drone. He said he has more videos coming.

So IF the pricing holds at Mavic 2 levels it will be interesting to see DJI response. From what I've seen from them I think they are not going to want to act like their current offerings have lost value.
They may go all out on a social media campaign that could get ugly but I really hope not. It could seriously backfire on them.
IF they can get something out like a Mavic 3 or Phantom 5 within a couple months they can justify lowering the current products price AND charge a premium price over the Evo 2. I would expect something like "we are DJI and no one can match our quality even if its specs are not as good". If I were DJI I wouldnt try and get away with something like their Mavic 2 Pro "4k" video fiasco. The drone community is going to be taking a hard look at any new drone they release and it wont be pretty if they try and pull a fast one again.

So IF the pricing holds at Mavic 2 levels it will be interesting to see DJI response. From what I've seen from them I think they are not going to want to act like their current offerings have lost value.
They may go all out on a social media campaign that could get ugly but I really hope not. It could seriously backfire on them.
IF they can get something out like a Mavic 3 or Phantom 5 within a couple months they can justify lowering the current products price AND charge a premium price over the Evo 2. I would expect something like "we are DJI and no one can match our quality even if its specs are not as good". If I were DJI I wouldnt try and get away with something like their Mavic 2 Pro "4k" video fiasco. The drone community is going to be taking a hard look at any new drone they release and it wont be pretty if they try and pull a fast one again.
I will never buy another DJI drone... if I need another drone which I doubt... very satisfied with the Evo 1 and my mavic pro platinum. But if I need another one, I would buy an Autel Evo 2.

Reactions: Windluv and Pman
I'm not surprised theres no official pricing released yet on the Evo 2. It would be smart to see if DJI has any new release tricks or announcements before committing to a number. In other words cover your bases as best you can so the top dog doesnt have much to bark about.

I'm not surprised theres no official pricing released yet on the Evo 2. It would be smart to see if DJI has any new release tricks or announcements before committing to a number. In other words cover your bases as best you can so the top dog doesnt have much to bark about.
The prices are already been announced on CES... 8K $1495 - 6K $1795

I didnt realize those prices were/are official official since none of the review footage yet mentioned it yet.

I didnt realize those prices were/are official official since none of the review footage yet mentioned it yet.

Ya it was in the OriginaldoBo video where he thought they would not commit to a price and they gave the two prices but could not give a price for the FLIR camera options as there are two options for that model and you need to contact them for the price depending on where you live.

I watched everything that was put up here and it sounded wishy washy so wasnt ready to commit to firm prices.
Speaking of pricing, it sets up an Evo 2 Pro rugged package for a possible $1999.99 but that would include 1 extra battery. You claim the increased flight time and that's how you get away with only including 1 extra battery. Battery cost will be at least $150 but could hit $199.99;)
The packaging currently shown does not include any kind of carry case BUT that was for the 8k. The Pro version may come with a soft bag standard.

Last edited:
Expect big numbers for pre-orders as some reviewers are saying it's a game changer and havent even put it through its paces. Their enthusiasm speaks volumes at the moment to the general drone community. They are essentially saying this is the must have bragging rights drone.
So far I love/hate the 2. I am excited about it and have saved up enough in personal $ to afford a Pro but I dont actually need it so dont know how to justify the purchase.

Ugh, got to go out and shovel/blow some snow:( I did update my Evo yesterday but havent flown it in a couple months. I cant stand the cold and dont want to fly with gloves on.

So far I love/hate the 2. I am excited about it and have saved up enough in personal $ to afford a Pro but I dont actually need it so dont know how to justify the purchase.
You sound like a compulsive buyer... I am more a pragmatic buyer. If I do not need it, I don't need to buy it. I have an Evo 1, a spark and mavic pro platinum. I have a lot of fun with these drones and already invested too much in this hobby for me to make another purchase that I don't need. I don't have the 107 certification. I exclusively flight for fun.

What do you mean? from testers from youtube? If it's from the videos above, I am at work and they block youtube.
Apparently Autel told Drone Valley they are prone to fly away and to be careful.

As always, I will wait some 6 months to see how the Evo evolves (pun intended) to ask the lady boss permission.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54