Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Announces Delay In Production Of EVO 2

LOL... I think I predicted this one pretty good. Even though I said mid-summer, that's still a good possibility. :D

At this point, they-my as well start trying to get it ready for remote ID.

Reactions: Tufargon
LOL... I think I predicted this one pretty good. Even though I said mid-summer, that's still a good possibility. :D

At this point, they-my as well start trying to get it ready for remote ID.
I think the XSP veterans here would have predicted the same or agreed with you from the beginning. ;)

Reactions: xspwhite
Maybe they are like DJI, sitting back and having a Carona......

Reactions: Ansia
Maybe they are like DJI, sitting back and having a Carona......

DJI is totally ruthless. They are not sitting back having even a Pepsi, let alone a Corona. I would be scared to know what DJI has in progress if I was any drone manufacturer. They aim to dominate every sector of drone use.

• Wow
Reactions: butch
DJI is totally ruthless. They are not sitting back having even a Pepsi, let alone a Corona. I would be scared to know what DJI has in progress if I was any drone manufacturer. They aim to dominate every sector of drone use.
His comment was directed at the fact that DJI is shut down because of the virus and not the beer.

• Haha
Reactions: butch

I really don't know what else a drone can do. Camera, obstacle avoidance, flight time. The EVO 2 is already doing good there from specs.

An hour flight time would be good for any drone, but battery technology better pick up.

I really don't know what else a drone can do. Camera, obstacle avoidance, flight time. The EVO 2 is already doing good there from specs.

An hour flight time would be good for any drone, but battery technology better pick up.
There is always areas for improvement. We the consumers usually can't see it, until it happens. No one saw the Yuneec Intelliflight come, or DJI's obstacle avoidance, until it did.

• Love
Reactions: macoman
There is always areas for improvement. We the consumers usually can't see it, until it happens. No one saw the Yuneec Intelliflight come, or DJI's obstacle avoidance, until it did.

But technology also has to improve to catch up. Just like we were all talked about the 8k and 6k camera....lots of people don't have or want to invest the money to buy a computer or TV to watch that.

I just don't see what else DJI can do other than what Autel did with 8K and 6k video.

But technology also has to improve to catch up. Just like we were all talked about the 8k and 6k camera....lots of people don't have or want to invest the money to buy a computer or TV to watch that.

I just don't see what else DJI can do other than what Autel did with 8K and 6k video.
Most buyers aren't interested on 8K or 6K. They are interested in the stereoscopic OA, 40 min flight time and compact form factor or the 1" sensor with all I said for the pro model. On the dual, obviosly the bigger resolution thermal.

DJI can go the 8K 1" sensor with mechanical shutter. That camera well designed will blow anything out of the water.

They need to start making consumer drones with upgradable cameras. The fact that we have to retire a perfectly good flying drone just for a camera update is absolutely ridiculous.

There is no excuse! It's just a big money grab!

They need to start making consumer drones with upgradable cameras. The fact that we have to retire a perfectly good flying drone just for a camera update is absolutely ridiculous.

There is no excuse! It's just a big money grab!
Well thats what the EVO 2 has done.

Most buyers aren't interested on 8K or 6K. They are interested in the stereoscopic OA, 40 min flight time and compact form factor or the 1" sensor with all I said for the pro model. On the dual, obviosly the bigger resolution thermal.

DJI can go the 8K 1" sensor with mechanical shutter. That camera well designed will blow anything out of the water.
The only advantage I see for 8K or 6K at this time is the ability to zoom in post while maintaining 4K output. Also, does anyone know if the Autel 8K or 6K has a mechanical shutter?

The only advantage I see for 8K or 6K at this time is the ability to zoom in post while maintaining 4K output. Also, does anyone know if the Autel 8K or 6K has a mechanical shutter?
According to the specifications posted by Autel, they do not.

Reactions: Rubik3x
One more thing. Does anyone know if the 12 position sensors on the Evo2 are ineffective in low light, like the Skydio2?
They are just like your eyes, you can see well in the sunlight, but have dificulty identifying items in the dark. The OA is the same.

Reactions: Rubik3x
The problem, like all other drones, is the bright light that distorts the sensors.
SCOOP, Autel innovates by delivering the EVo2 with 6 pairs of sun-glasses ............. :p

They are just like your eyes, you can see well in the sunlight, but have dificulty identifying items in the dark. The OA is the same.
Unless we can fab up some lights around the sensors. Cha-ching!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain