Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another 360 pano

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Living in Canada and the new laws suck. With that said I still managed to fly the other day. I do live out in the sticks but I do have a farmers airfield and helicopter pad in the area so I had to make a little road trip to get this one :)
I manage not to be within 9 km of the centre of an aerodrome, I was not higher than 90 m above the ground, I was not closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, people/crowds, etc what ever etc. refers to.
Now to make sure I had no animals around I had to break out my trusty electronic deer repeller and ultrasonic animal control device. You should have seen the stamped as they were running for the cities to get out of the bush. :)

An 360° image on Kuula

Reactions: Quagmire LXIX
Pretty easy if you follow this tutorial or one of the many others on Youtube.
Do not use Raw\DNG photos as they contain no Exif information.
Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option in camera settings. This helps line up your next shot. Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos at 90°
Then adjust your camera down to 45° (there is a indicator that shows your angle) and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did at 90°.
You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice.
When you have your 360 pano saved don't forget to go into the properties of the photo and make the camera changes as instructed in the video tutorial.
Additional meta info for the image properties:
Ricoh
Ricoh Theta S
Once you are finished following the the tutorial video you can upload your photo to facebook or to Kuula

On one of my other drones I am a beta tester of an app for it that does this fully automatically. Set the drone down, hit the button to take off, it goes up, take the photos and lands. The app then uploads the pics automatically and you can see it almost instantly. It is pretty cool. I hope that an SDK is available for developers so Autl UAV's can have cool apps too! :)

Link to a photo I made --> Hangar 360 Photo

Hey LuvMyTJ that sounds great.
I'm sure you know who Tuna is from Yuneecpilots page. The guy who made UAV Toolbox. He is one of the people working with Autel on the SDK but he has been very busy trying to get UAV Toolbox updated so he has had no time to work on the SDK yet. Give him a poke and tell him to get busy LOL and get this pano thing worked out :)

Good god does that PanoramaStudioPro (v3 now using HTML5 instead of Flash) work like a charm, barely even had to think and I have an 18 image stitch in a perfect 360x180 interactive multi-row. I think they just sold a copy, your commission check is in the mail Agustine, but something tells me it won't make the full trip ;)

Thanks man.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
On one of my other drones I am a beta tester of an app for it that does this fully automatically. Set the drone down, hit the button to take off, it goes up, take the photos and lands. The app then uploads the pics automatically and you can see it almost instantly. It is pretty cool. I hope that an SDK is available for developers so Autl UAV's can have cool apps too! :)

Link to a photo I made --> Hangar 360 Photo
Boy I sure would love that ability on my X!!!

[QUOTE="LuvMyTJ, post: 3701, member: 14]
Link to a photo I made --> Hangar 360 Photo[/QUOTE]

What loads the image TJ, IE and Chrome just give me a loading icon and never completes?

Works fine from Chrome for me...

vernon.gif

I assumed it would work on all browsers.

Cool, loaded in Chrome this time, looks good. You gonna leave us hanging on the app and bird you're describing TJ? UAV and H?

Thanks AZ.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials