Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New 360° Spherical Pano Mode

Brock Inspector

Reaction score
Before I take it up and lose video feed as it hovers for several minutes (as was reported by 808 State as how the Pano Mode works/worked under the Beta), thought to ask a couple of questions of those who have successfully udated to the new official FW/SW:
1. do you lose video transmission only while stitching is happening in-camera?
2. does the 360° not black-out video feed since it doesn't stitch?

Last edited:
If the above is true, makes the case for not doing in camera processing vs. waiting until on the ground and then post processing. Iirc (its been a week since last used it) when you shoot a timelapse and the camera/aircraft stich the images into video, you maintain visual view, however cant recall if taking new photos or video is suspended during processing. If I remember, will check that out over next few days.

360 deg Spherical does not stitch, video feed does not grey out, so I am told. The other modes it does. Some report not having stick control during the stitching, others say not. There ought to be the option to only ever stitch panos together once back on the ground...

360 deg Spherical does not stitch, video feed does not grey out, so I am told. The other modes it does. Some report not having stick control during the stitching, others say not. There ought to be the option to only ever stitch panos together once back on the ground...
Stick control without FPV during stitching is useless!

FYI: shooting the 26 360° spherical photos takes almost 4 minutes to complete, without any stitching! DJI manages to shoot the 26 360° panos in only 30 seconds, and only 30 seconds more to complete the in camera stitch. 4 minutes just for the 360° shooting is absurd! Should be 30 seconds! What a waste of precious flight time! :rolleyes: Now that the algorithm has been created, it needs to be speeded up by 800%!

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Works fine for me:

Cool panos! Can you confirm that each 360° pano currently takes 4 minutes to just to shoot the 26 necessary 20MP stills? Did you shoot the originals in jpg or DNG? Which software program did you stitch them together in?

Reactions: PingSpike
Cool panos! Can you confirm that each 360° pano currently takes 4 minutes to just to shoot the 26 necessary 20MP stills? Did you shoot the originals in jpg or DNG? Which software program did you stitch them together in?
Important thing. Autel EVO II pro takes a few second pause before each photo. The drone stabilizes before each photo. You can also modify the settings for nights pano and use for example long exposure time. Thanks to this, each of the 26 photos is very sharp and there is no blur! I treat it as a huge advantage, not a disadvantage. The time you have given does not matter to me because I think it is important that the photos are sharp. The only thing on Android is that you cannot stop stiching. On iOS, you can by clicking X in right corner. I use Lightroom, PTgui and Photoshop (to fill the sky) so I don't use automatic stitching but others may use, so Cancel button should be also in Android. Mavic shoots pics like crazy but you won't have over 27K pano quality in like in EVO II if you want to upload to your own giga pano server. BTW. Kuula only allows 16K to upload.

I have RAW and JPG enabled for photos in Autel. If I have time to play with colors, I use DNG, if I quickly assemble the panorama in 10 minutes, I take JPG.

Last edited:
Reactions: G_G
Important thing. Autel EVO II pro takes a one-second pause before each photo. Thanks to this, each of the 26 photos is very sharp and there is no blur! the drone stabilizes before each photo. I treat it as a huge advantage, not a disadvantage. So I don't mind the time in which I take these panoramas because the photos are sharp. The only thing on Android is that you cannot stop stiching. On iOS, you can by clicking X in right corner. I use Lightroom, PTgui and Photoshop so I don't use automatic stitching. Mavic shoots pics like crazy but you won't have 27K quality in the panorama like in EVO II. Kuula only allows 16K to upload.
Thank you for the information. A one second pause between photos would only add 26 seconds to the total shooting time, not 3.5 minutes, if it is a full 4 minutes. Is it, in fact, 4 minutes, per 360° pano, for the shooting? What else does it do in between shots that are less than 1 second each requiring only a 45° yaw? I just got my Autel SC yesterday requiring the new pano FW update, so I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet. My uncompressed Mavic 2 Pro panos stitched in Panorama Studio 3 Pro from the original 20MP jpegs are over 300MP in size and tack sharp, and offer incredible detail, so I upload them to my own site. Kuula's 16MP file size limitation is unfortunate, but very shareable! Just wish Autel would speed up the shooting process! If it is 4 minutes, they could be shot manually in under a minute!

Thank you for the information. A one second pause between photos would only add 26 seconds to the total shooting time, not 3.5 minutes, if it is a full 4 minutes. Is it, in fact, 4 minutes, per 360° pano, for the shooting? What else does it do in between shots that are less than 1 second each requiring only a 45° yaw? I just got my Autel SC yesterday requiring the new pano FW update, so I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet. My uncompressed Mavic 2 Pro panos stitched in Panorama Studio 3 Pro from the original 20MP jpegs are over 300MP in size and tack sharp, and offer incredible detail, so I upload them to my own site. Kuula's 16MP file size limitation is unfortunate, but very shareable! Just wish Autel would speed up the shooting process! If it is 4 minutes, they could be shot manually in under a minute!
The drone stabilizes before each photo. You can also modify the settings for nights pano and use for example long exposure time. Test it and write to Autel with your observations.

Reactions: PingSpike and G_G
The drone stabilizes before each photo. You can also modify the settings for nights pano and use for example long exposure time. Test it and write to Autel with your observations.
So it does, in fact, take at least 4 minutes, just to shoot one 360° pano?
BTW, Autel doesn't care about my observations. They know how long it takes. They designed it! It only took Autel a year to implement this feature that every single EVO 2 owner has been requesting since Day 1, which has already been on every DJI drone for years, and now Autel takes 8x as long as DJI does to shoot a single 360 pano, that they can't even stitch? My whole reason for getting the EVO 2 was to have more flight time to shoot panos. Not only is the 40 minute flight time pure fantasy (flight time starts out at 34 minutes in the app), but 4 minutes per pano means I'll be lucky to get in one per flight, with the extra 4 minutes over my M2P flight time of 25 minutes. No logical reason they can't shoot the panos as fast as DJI in 30 seconds! It's just a camera shutter release with a yaw and a gimbal elevation.

Last edited:
GG Amund went off topic, talking about stitching with the non-360 deg modes. Your endless kvetching about it isn't needed. I see in-camera stitching as pointless
So it does, in fact, take at least 4 minutes, just to shoot one 360° pano?
BTW, Autel doesn't care about my observations. They know how long it takes. They designed it! It only took Autel a year to implement this feature that every single EVO 2 owner has been requesting since Day 1, which has already been on every DJI drone for years, and now Autel takes 8x as long as DJI does to shoot a single 360 pano, that they can't even stitch? My whole reason for getting the EVO 2 was to have more flight time to shoot panos. Not only is the 40 minute flight time pure fantasy (flight time starts out at 34 minutes in the app), but 4 minutes per pano means I'll be lucky to get in one per flight, with the extra 4 minutes over my M2P flight time of 25 minutes. No logical reason they can't shoot the panos as fast as DJI in 30 seconds! It's just a camera shutter release with a yaw and a gimbal elevation.

GG Amund went off topic, talking about stitching with the non-360 deg modes. Your endless kvetching about it isn't needed. I see in-camera stitching as pointless
I only mentioned no in-camera stitching on the EVO 2 because the 4 minutes doesn't even include it. I have no interest in in camera stitching either, especially because it would double the time to 8 minutes, with 4 additional minutes of complete screen blackout.

I am only concerned about what appears to be a 4 minute process to just shoot the necessary 26 photos for a 360° Pano, when the competition manages to complete just shooting them in a mere 30 seconds, without any image blur. No one wants to confirm that it takes a full 4 minutes on the EVO 2, yet no one refutes it either. All I hear are excuses for why it takes much longer that make no sense.

Last edited:
So will the Evo II refuse to start a pano, if the current battery levels will not allow enough time to complete the pano + return flight time?
Nope!
Just tested it! Started a 360° pano directly overhead with 3 minutes remaining.
No warning. Started shooting. It then autolanded in the middle of the pano shooting, as soon as it reached 8%, which is the lowest autoland setting.

Nope!
Just tested it! Started a 360° pano directly overhead with 3 minutes remaining.
No warning. Started shooting. It then autolanded in the middle of the pano shooting, as soon as it reached 8%, which is the lowest autoland setting.

Note to self... no panos over a lake unless shot first... check.

Last edited:
Reactions: G_G

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles